[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trusting the Huddle...

CarryTheRock

In the Huddle WR's Roddy White is ranked #41. Above all the other Falcon WR's. I just took him in the last round of a draft based on this ranking, which made him ranked way above the other available WR's in a 16 team 16 rounder.

What's the word on White this year? What makes him the #1 Wr in Atlanta to take and what puts him above some of the others he is ranked above? Just looking for some opinions here.

Edited by CarryTheRock

I took White in a draft yesterday based upon the third pre-season game (where you see the starters for longer).

White was the most targeted WR of the starters.

Harrington missed White on a few deep passes according to the play-by-play.

So the good news is that White is a main portion of the offensive plan (Jenkins wasn't far behind).

The bad news is Harrington still isn't known for his arm strength.

Edited by Riffraff

Trust yourself. The Huddle's rankings are simply opinions. If you are drafting purely off what you read here, what's the fun in that? :D

Edit: Don't get me wrong... the rankings here are well thought out and by far the best on the web... but digest the info and adjust - if need be - to your competition. :D

Edited by darin3

The bottom line is, if you're relying on any of the Falcons WRs you are in trouble. White and/or Jenkins could have some decent upside and 1 or 2 nice games but I wouldn't expect too much. I like Jenkins a tad better since he'll get a majority of the red zone targets (that Crumpler doesn't get) due to his size. I don't think Horn will be much of a factor at all.

I have Roddy ranked #41 so it is not like I am super high on him but I do think he is an interesting pick for a back-up WR on a fantasy team to see what will happen. We're going to see an Atlanta team quite unlike any we have ever seen and one that may - MAY - be able to use the wideouts well for the first time in six years. In my opinion, it's like seeing a passing game being built from scratch using several previous first round picks and an aging veteran who once was really good. And you know ATL will need to throw in most games and since they have a dome, late season games are no problem since they have literally no cold weather games.

Well, why wouldn't you be high on him? :D

I mean, in '05 he had a whopping 29 Recs for 446 yards and 3 TD's, and in '06 he had a stellar 30 Rec's for 506 yards and 0 TD's. Add to the fact that he'll have proven stud Joey Harrington throwing to him, who, in 5 years in the league, has had more TD's than INT's once, in '04 when he had just over 3000 yards, 19 TD's, 12 INT's, and was sacked 36 times.

I mean, with all those things going for him, he's bound to have a decent year. :D

I mean, in '05 he had a whopping 29 Recs for 446 yards and 3 TD's, and in '06 he had a stellar 30 Rec's for 506 yards and 0 TD's. Add to the fact that he'll have proven stud Joey Harrington throwing to him, who, in 5 years in the league, has had more TD's than INT's once, in '04 when he had just over 3000 yards, 19 TD's, 12 INT's, and was sacked 36 times.

I mean, with all those things going for him, he's bound to have a decent year. :D

True but you have to view those numbers as all relative. In 2005, White was tied with Jenkins for the most WR TDs and his 446 yards was only about 150 yards less than team leader Finneran. He didn't score any TDs last year but the WRs only had 8 TDs combined and that was between Jenkins and Lelie. White's 30-506 actually led all ATL wideouts last year (sadly enough).

Harrington.... well... that one's harder to pump up. But he did have some crappy situations in DET on a very bad team. most QBs have roughly the same TD:INT ratio and Harrington's career is 72 TD versus 77 INT which is not that bad all things considered. He may not be an elite QB by any means, but he probably won't be the weakest link for ATL this year either.

so negative.....

I still think this is the best overall team (ownership to coaches to players to equipment manager) that Harrington has been on.

Harrington's the next Jake Plummer, people will constantly make excuses for him, but at the end of the day, he just sucks.

It should never be necessary to draft an Atlanta WR unless your team is already stacked and you have room for White or Jenkins as your 5th or 6th WR and it's the last round and even Arnaz Battle is gone. I wouldn't own Horn either, he can't stay on the field because he's hurt constantly and has no balls.

Trust yourself. The Huddle's rankings are simply opinions. If you are drafting purely off what you read here, what's the fun in that? :D

Edit: Don't get me wrong... the rankings here are well thought out and by far the best on the web... but digest the info and adjust - if need be - to your competition. :D

I go with myself first D3. It was the last pick in a deep league with not much at all to choose from. He likely won't ever see the starting lineup or stay on the roster. I was just curious about peoples opinions on how he was stacked against the other Falcon WR's.

Edited by CarryTheRock

Who else would you draft in the 16th round of a 16 team league? Tyrone Calico is no longer in the league.

At that point, the top 3 WRs on all good passing teams are long gone, and some #2s in Atlanta, Jacksonville, San Diego and KC may still be on the board....in fact you likely had options of all. II took White late this year and last, let's see if he makes it past week 2 this season.