[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Benson, Edge, Bush or Brown?

I have the 1:12, and 2:1 picks in a 12 man league.

Nominal PPR (0.1 points per catch) but 0.2 points per rush so 30 rushes a game = 6 points ie. 1 touchdown

It would not shock me to see 11 rb's go ahead of me, which leaves me with 4 guys to choose from that all have ? marks in my mind.

I see me having to pick between Edge, Benson , Bush or Ronnie Brown.

(Im guessing that LDT, LJ, Steve JAx, Gore, Addai, Suan Alexander, Parker, Rudi, Travis Henry, Maroney and westbbrook will go ahead of me)

We can also start 3 rb's in this league so I feel I need to avoid the Manning temptation and land 2 rb's.

But the thought of taking Benson and Edge at 12 and 13 gives me the creeps.

Help!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by Jules_Winfield

Are QB's treated any differently scoring wise? Also, are WR awarded .1 per reception then as well.

Here's how I would rank them give your situation:

1) Edge

2) Brown

3) Bush

4) Benson

Just not sold on Benson and Bush has been running the ball pre-season.

Are QB's treated any differently scoring wise? Also, are WR awarded .1 per reception then as well.

Here's how I would rank them give your situation:

1) Edge

2) Brown

3) Bush

4) Benson

Just not sold on Benson and Bush has been running the ball pre-season.

I forgot alexander in the original list above and went back and edited him in.

we start 1 qb and do get a full 6pt for td's. Im just worried that if I go Manning and 1rb with my first 2 picks then either my 3rd rb starter or both wr's will just flat out stink. On the other side of the spectrum, I also am not crazy about going rb and rb and then getting 80 yards and zero scores out of both of them.

Of course if I do take manning at least Ill have one guy capable of scaring people. :D

WR are also given 0.1 points per recpetion

I

I forgot alexander in the original list above and went back and edited him in.

we start 1 qb and do get a full 6pt for td's. Im just worried that if I go Manning and 1rb with my first 2 picks then either my 3rd rb starter or both wr's will just flat out stink. On the other side of the spectrum, I also am not crazy about going rb and rb and then getting 80 yards and zero scores out of both of them.

Of course if I do take manning at least Ill have one guy capable of scaring people. :D

WR are also given 0.1 points per recpetion

I

You would be absolutely mental not to take a QB at that position!

Manning, Palmer, Brees, then go with Bush/Brown

NO MANNING !

Brown

Edge

Bush

Benson

I agree. leave peyton for someone else.

Edge and benson seem to be all over the place in mick drafts and people's opinions. Out of the rb's drafted in the top 2 rounds, I see the biggest variance in where those 2 are going. Ill need to look into bush more. If it seems like he is going to get enough carries, il consider him but right now he has to be a lower second round guy in my league's scoring system.

I agree. leave peyton for someone else.

Edge and benson seem to be all over the place in mick drafts and people's opinions. Out of the rb's drafted in the top 2 rounds, I see the biggest variance in where those 2 are going. Ill need to look into bush more. If it seems like he is going to get enough carries, il consider him but right now he has to be a lower second round guy in my league's scoring system.

You get 6 points a passing TD, none of the running backs you mention are going to even scratch the production that a Manning type QB is going to get you.!

You get 6 points a passing TD, none of the running backs you mention are going to even scratch the production that a Manning type QB is going to get you.!

Thanks for the reply, and I totally hear what you are saying. Ive drafted manning before, But we start 3 rb's, and get some points per carry. So taking peyton ist, basically leaves me with ladell betts starting at rb#3.which creates a huge deficit to the guy who took say, LDT, Thomas Jones and Brandon Jacobs for his three rb's.

How competitive is your league, Jules? Are they the type of guys who read enough to be scared away from Portis? Or will someone blindly pick him by name recognition before the 2nd Round is over?

The reason I ask is because I think a guy possibly slipping like Portis would make a good value as your third-rounder and open up the possibility of getting Steve Smith or Chad Johnson with one of those turn picks. The 3 RB's really cramps things, especially in a 12-teamer. Whose idea was that?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but you are definitely in a tough spot with the number of teams and the league setup. The arguments for any of the 12 running backs (Thomas Jones, Brandon Jacobs, McGahee, etc) behind the 4 you listed are just as strong as Benson/Edge/etc. Yuck, just yuck.

How competitive is your league, Jules? Are they the type of guys who read enough to be scared away from Portis? Or will someone blindly pick him by name recognition before the 2nd Round is over?

The reason I ask is because I think a guy possibly slipping like Portis would make a good value as your third-rounder and open up the possibility of getting Steve Smith or Chad Johnson with one of those turn picks. The 3 RB's really cramps things, especially in a 12-teamer. Whose idea was that?

Sorry I can't be of more help, but you are definitely in a tough spot with the number of teams and the league setup. The arguments for any of the 12 running backs (Thomas Jones, Brandon Jacobs, McGahee, etc) behind the 4 you listed are just as strong as Benson/Edge/etc. Yuck, just yuck.

I appreciate your reply. To clarify the position in question is a RB/WR flex, but because of the points per carry, everyone tries to use it to start a 3rd rb. The only ones who start a 3rd WR are the ones who have no choice, which might be me, especially if I go non RB with either of the 1st 2 picks.

Your point on portis is a good one. My league is decent. But more so than being really tough, its just really running back dominant.