[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How early has Moss gone in your draft?

fingfootball

Currently going at around 4.06 in a 12 team draft on average.

link

If you have to have him, you're going to have to take him in the 3rd round unless you've got a very early 4th round pick.

That's nuts for a NE WR - even if his name is Moss. Even the 4th round is a huge reach given the other guys on the board at that time. That his ADP is better than Driver's on average is ridiculous.

I know the whole 'spread the ball around' is a Pats thing, but that MIGHT just be a product of the Parcells Philosophy, which is use your best players to the best of his abilities.

Keep in mind 2 facts about Parcells: in SB XXV, they came out and ran Rodney Harrison down Buffalo's throat and chewed 12+ minutes of clock startgin at the 3rd quarter. :D

Run first guy? Not when Bledsoe as a rookie set some really obnoxious records with Bill calling the shots.

So the long and short is this IMO: the ball gets spread around because that's what Brady is great at. Bringing in Moss tells me that if he has 'that step' that some think he has lost I full expect him to become the #1 guy and be a WR force the Pats haven't had in their run becuase they siomply haven't had the talent at any WR position the way Moss has. Belichick will run him deep. The problems come about because we know he won't have patience for Moss' antics. If Moss is still starting Week 10, I think that will show no problems. Until that point, however, it's a mine field that if one navigates might pay off very very well.

Some one in my local keeper league drafted him with the #1 pick. Needless to say I was overjoyed with the second overall to be able to draft Calvin Johnson :D When we asked the guy about his Moss pick he said he has a gut feeling about Moss this season! :D

Who were the next 5 WRs off the board after Moss?

I'll have to look at the draft board when I get home. I took a risk and went C. Johnson, J. Walker, and R. Moss (2,3,4) at this draft. Ended up with Tatum Bell and Julius Jones as my #2 RBs with Westbrook being my #1. This is a PPR league.

I know the whole 'spread the ball around' is a Pats thing, but that MIGHT just be a product of the Parcells Philosophy, which is use your best players to the best of his abilities.

Keep in mind 2 facts about Parcells: in SB XXV, they came out and ran Rodney Harrison down Buffalo's throat and chewed 12+ minutes of clock startgin at the 3rd quarter. :D

Run first guy? Not when Bledsoe as a rookie set some really obnoxious records with Bill calling the shots.

So the long and short is this IMO: the ball gets spread around because that's what Brady is great at. Bringing in Moss tells me that if he has 'that step' that some think he has lost I full expect him to become the #1 guy and be a WR force the Pats haven't had in their run becuase they siomply haven't had the talent at any WR position the way Moss has. Belichick will run him deep. The problems come about because we know he won't have patience for Moss' antics. If Moss is still starting Week 10, I think that will show no problems. Until that point, however, it's a mine field that if one navigates might pay off very very well.

That would be Rodney HAMPTON...