[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafting 12th in a 12 team league

I have a draft later tonight and I'm drafting last.

The league is standard yahoo scoring with .5pt per reception.

With my back to back picks, it looks like the available RB's will be Jones-Drew, James, Jacobs, Bush, Henry, etc.

I'm uncertain as to who to pick, and all of them have question marks in my mind. But I certainly need to pick a back.

Any suggestions or insight?

I was also thinking I'm most likely going to take Marvin Harrison with my 13th overall pick, does anyone see any flaws in that strategy?

I think I can follow it up with RB/WR again at 36/37 and have a pretty solid start.

All responses welcome.

I think the .5 per reception gives Bush the edge over Henry at 12. And nothing wrong with taking Harrison at 13, though I would be tempted to grab both backs. The RBs left at 36/37 in most of the mocks I've done are Deuce, Cadillac, Lynch on occasion, Jacobs if you're lucky. But then again you know your league mates better than I do so maybe a better RB will be available. I'm picking 11th out of 12 in a non-PPR league, so I've tried both strategies and it comes down to what you're more comfortable with....

Bush, Harrison, Deuce/Cadillac, Housh/Walker/Boldin

or

Bush, Henry, Housh/Walker/Boldin, Moss/AJ/Colston

I know everyone hates this, but I'm doing it anyway. :D

I went out on a limb and, with Peyton still available, took him in hopes that everyone else would gobble up QBs in the 2nd round.

My hopes proved accurate, as the 2nd round saw Palmer, Brad, Brees, Bulger, McNabb all go.

This worked to my advantage as my picks on the 3rd and 4th were excellent.

Here's how my draft worked out.

1.12. W. Parker

2.01 P. Manning

3.12 A. Johnson

4.01 R. Williams

5.12 D. Branch

6.01 C. Williams

7.12 C. Cooley

8.01 V. Jackson

9.12 J. Jones

10.01 Minnesota

11.12 L. Washington

12.01 G. Jennings

13.12 B. Wade

14.01 N. Rackers

15.12 M. Schaub

I was fortunate to catch a TE as good as Cooley, as he was the only guy I had in the Top 10 at TE available, and I had him 4th.

Also when I picked Minnesota's defense 10 defenses were already gone, and they were the only Top 10, I had them ranked 7th.

Andre and Roy in the 3rd and 4th were steals, as I have them both as Top 10 WR (although both are outside the Top 5)

Anyone think I'm an idiot for taking Peyton in the 2nd round?

Edited by mistercrinkles

I know everyone hates this, but I'm doing it anyway. :D

I went out on a limb and, with Peyton still available, took him in hopes that everyone else would gobble up QBs in the 2nd round.

My hopes proved accurate, as the 2nd round saw Palmer, Brad, Brees, Bulger, McNabb all go.

This worked to my advantage as my picks on the 3rd and 4th were excellent.

Here's how my draft worked out.

1.12. W. Parker

2.01 P. Manning

3.12 A. Johnson

4.01 R. Williams

5.12 D. Branch

6.01 C. Williams

7.12 C. Cooley

8.01 V. Jackson

9.12 J. Jones

10.01 Minnesota

11.12 L. Washington

12.01 G. Jennings

13.12 B. Wade

14.01 N. Rackers

15.12 M. Schaub

I was fortunate to catch a TE as good as Cooley, as he was the only guy I had in the Top 10 at TE available, and I had him 4th.

Also when I picked Minnesota's defense 10 defenses were already gone, and they were the only Top 10, I had them ranked 7th.

Andre and Roy in the 3rd and 4th were steals, as I have them both as Top 10 WR (although both are outside the Top 5)

Anyone think I'm an idiot for taking Peyton in the 2nd round?

Manning went in the first round (5th pick) of my league two years in a row. So, no. I don't think you took him too early. You got a steal if your pt system is like ours that is. We give 6 pts for passing TDs (same as rushing and receiving) and we give 1 pt for every 20 passing yards.

Looks like it worked out well for you. The only thing I may have different was double up on RBs at the 5th/6th swing. With Roy Williams and AJ as your 2 WRs, I think I would've passed on Branch and taken the best 2 RBs. Especially since you still managed to get Vincent Jackson. But I'm just nitpicking - you have a very good team.

The main reason I picked Branch was because he was the only top 30 reciever left, and I actually had him ranked in the Top 20. I think everyone in our draft overlooked it. I was going to go RB, RB, but I figured Branch was a solid pick to start every week.

Cadillac was just what I needed there, and there actually wasn't another RB taken for the next 3 rounds, and the next guy taken was Brandon Jackson. I already had Julius Jones or Tatum Bell targeted, Tatum was taken when it got back around to me so I took Jones. WHich, at 108th? Overall, is quite a steal. Then I was fortunate enough to get Leon Washington two rounds after that.

We only award 4pts for passing tds, -2 for int's, pt every 20 passing yards.

But Peyton still finished 4th in scoring in this same league last year, so yeah. I think I got a steal.