[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McGahee, Brown, or MJD in PPR?

Dupydog

Picking 10th in 12 team league. 1 pt / reception, 6 pt / all TDs. Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, D.

I will be taking an RB in first round, and am pretty sure 2 of these 3 will be there with my 2nd round pick. Who would you take and why?

Also, if Peyton is available, would you take him over any of these?

Of those 3 choices I would go Brown.

You might be able to grab Manning as many overvalue him and trade him later for Brown and a little something else. depends on those in your league and if you know if anyone likes him so much they are willing to overpay for him.

If I had to pick someone to keep(and not trade) it would be Brown though.

Seems like you guys like Brown despite the terrible O line and offense. No one choosing McGahee or MJD here? I know the arguments against MJD, but it is PPR.

MJD isn't even starting and you want to take him in the 1st round? I'd feel better taking Bush

McGahee is a late 2nd round value. Your draft slot screams RB/WR unless some one drops maybe T. Henry in the 2nd?

Brown is a 1st round pick. I think we are all trusting Cam to turn them into a running team like he did in SD

Edited by Zooty

No, the post is about who to take in the second round. I don't want to take a WR in the second round b/c I don't like what's left at RB with my late 3rd round pick. So I feel my choices are McGahee, Brown, or MJD in the second round. Of course I will take a higher rated RB if he falls to me in the second round (Henry, etc), but that doesn't help me if a higher rated RB is not there.

If you value Brown over the other two, then I respect that and I thank you for replying. I'm not sold on Brown b/c of the terrible offense and O line, but that's just me. I posted here to get other opinions besides mine though, so again, thank you.

All of the speculation that Chatman is pushing Brown for the starting tailback position is a Cameron smokescreen. Ronnie should have a big year, and I wouldn't worry too much about the O-Line and general status of the team. Ronnie has averaged 4.4 and 4.2 ypc his first two years with worse lines and quarterbacks. I like Ronnie in your situation because he will be HEAVILY involved in the passing game.

I agree with Dupydog. I don't think you guys will agree, but I really like MJD in PPR leagues. Ronnie Brown has big issues in my opinion. He may be involved in the passing game, but is the passing game going to be any good? Miami's offense, as demonstrated in the pre-season and last year, has not done well at all. Brown got 1000 yards, 5 tds, and 33 receptions last year. MJD who wasn't the starter got 941 yards, 13 tds, and 46 receptions. I think they'll involve him a lot more this year in the passing game, and that's also what the projections are saying. MJD is ranked in the top 10 in PPR leagues. See more here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/ppr.html

In a PPR league, I'd take MJD. Even if he's not lined up at tailback all of the time, he might stil be on the field, Reggie Bush-style. Also, if your league awards points for return yards, I believe he's still involved on Special Teams. MaGahee has hands of stone, so the question you have to ask is whether his raw rushing numbers and TD's will overtake MJD/Brown's combined yards & receptions. If you think he's pre-jail Jamal Lewis good, then he might be the way to go. I think I still like MJD out of those three in a PPR.

I'm going to get flamed a lot for posting this, but if Peyton was available in the 2nd round I'd take him.

Particularly at 6pts a passing TD.

You won't need to draft a second quarterback or worry about matchups, you'll be solid all season with Manning except for week 6.

This will alow you to draft more depth later in the draft. A decent 2nd RB will most likely be available in the 3rd round for you, although I'd probably go back to back WR/WR.

That's just me though!