[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When to Grab a QB?

In Ten team league....Passing tds only worth 3 pts...(rushing/receiving worth 6).....1 pt every 25 yards passing....NO PPC.....

I ALWAYS grab a QB too early....(only once in the history of our league has a marquee QB (manning) won the championship..and they had Alexander too).....that being said, Palmer...Brady...Manning ....are all franchised.....

after those 3, LOT of QB's threw for mid 20 TDs, 3000 plus yards......Dont want to end up with Leftwich as my QB, but want decent QB....

As we keep 2 franchise players, is end of 5th round too early/too late to grab decent QB....or do I wait to mid round 6???

a lot will dictate if theres a run on QB's.....

Thanks for any feedback!

With your point system, QBs aren't worth what they may be in other leagues. I'm in a 12 team league and took Bulger in the 6th. I would think you should be able to do something similar. I would concentrate on grabbing the best value for the positions that will score you the most points.

That is a tough choice.Westbrook is a stud when he plays but is hurt so often it could hurt you since you might not take a back in rd 2.

I would do it like this .....if I planned on taking another back in round 2 I would go westbrook...if I did not plan on taking RB in round 2 I would go Rudi Johnson. my reasoning is Rudi has stayed healthy his whole career and if I was not gonna grab a back in the 2nd round I would like to know my main back is gonna be there. the opposite for Westbrook...if I knew I was gonna grab that 2nd back I would take Westbrook since he has the talent and offensive schemes to be a dominant fantasy asset and carry you to a championship.

I am trying to look through things through your eyes because we all value different players differently. for me I would go Travis Henry in the 1st(as he brings some of both players qualities to the table) and then look for another back in the 2nd but I understand I am higher on Henry than most.

I think this year is a excellent year to grab a QB in round 5. in most of my drafts McNabb and Bulger are going around there. although I personally have been waiting and drafting my QB's a couple rounds later if you want 1 of those so called top guys round 5 and possibly the early 6th is where they (the top QB's) end.

I did this in my local.....

everyone except me had at least 1 QB by round 5.....

so I waited until round 8 and landed Leinart ....then scooped Schaub and Big Ben later....

you have to come up with a list of QB's that you'd be willing to have and try to take one as late as possible without anyone else taking their #2.....

if you can solidify your lineup and then add a steady QB....that would be ideal..

Appreciate the feedback....!!!

Started doing some research...and not a huge disparity between QBs from last year...Manning is only one who threw for 30 tds, but 8 throw for 24 or so.....10 for around 18....so...not a big drop off.....heck, guy who won our league last year got Brees in 12th round...as his second QB....!!!

did a draft last night, and foolishly took Kitna too early when a lot of legit WR's still on board....will chalk that up as my practice draft (first year in that league)....Important league is this Sat......there will be fools who take big name QBs early, but I can live with a Rivers (22 tds/3400 yards)....an Eli (24/3200 yards....heck even GROSSMAN threw for 23 and 3200 yards....!! ONE of those will be around for me later rounds, if not someone little better....

thanks guys!

Appreciate the feedback....!!!

Started doing some research...and not a huge disparity between QBs from last year...Manning is only one who threw for 30 tds, but 8 throw for 24 or so.....10 for around 18....so...not a big drop off.....heck, guy who won our league last year got Brees in 12th round...as his second QB....!!!

did a draft last night, and foolishly took Kitna too early when a lot of legit WR's still on board....will chalk that up as my practice draft (first year in that league)....Important league is this Sat......there will be fools who take big name QBs early, but I can live with a Rivers (22 tds/3400 yards)....an Eli (24/3200 yards....heck even GROSSMAN threw for 23 and 3200 yards....!! ONE of those will be around for me later rounds, if not someone little better....

thanks guys!

Grossman tends to go undrafted....

I might give him a look...even JP Losman

Grossman is way to inconsistent. I might consider him as a backup but that's even pushing it. He's now having a hard time taking the snap from center. He throws too many ints. and isn't very effective. Stay away if you can.

Agreed...If i can get a legit receiver in 4th or 5th round...and settle for lesser 'big name' qb in later round that may throw one or 2 less tds (or even match/exceed the marquee names), will be in better shape.......

In a ten team league not sure why you wouldn't be able to wait until round 7 or 8. I got Tony Romo in a 12 team in round 7. Someone will make a mistake and take a player too early and that should give you the room to hold out.

Make a point to not draft your first QB until at least 7 teams have drafted their first, or something like that.

Problem is that we franchise 2 players.....so, right off the bat, Brady, Manning and Palmer are off the board.....but, flip side, the 3 teams that are franchsing these qbs would be foolish to grab a QB until the end of the draft......

Thanks for the input....!!