[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sleeper WR's?

webbnathan

I'm going to be looking for some "sleeper" WR's that maybe will be flying under people's radar in the middle rounds. Is there a WR that you seem to be high on this year, or a WR that seemed to turn it on last year and might be a breakout threat this year? Thoughts on:

Santonio Holmes

D.J. Hackett

Vincent Jackson

Ronald Curry/Jerry Porter

Drew Bennett

others????? and then why? :D

Jacoby Jones, Houston (this year's Devin Hester or Colston worth a spot if you are in a league that rewards kick return tds.)

Brandon Marshall (both he and Cutler were second stringers last year and got to work out together for a full year.)

Dennis Northcutt

Santonio Holmes (Breakout season = 2007 950yds and 8 tds Big Ben back healthy running game will open up the pass.)

Gonzo2 ( Peyton will have to pass like he did in 04. Wouldn't be too shocked if Peyton broke his own record and got 50 tds 8-10 going to Gonzo)

Vincent is not really a sleeper. The guys I listed are more like deep sleepers that will either go undrafted and then get scooped off waivers (a la Colston and Furrey last year) or they will go late in drafts except Holmes he go inthe 8th or 9th rounds.

Edited by Asskickas

Jacoby Jones can't be this year's Colston as long as Andre Johnson is healthy, but he could make a nice WR3 with the added Special Teams points.

Devery Henderson would be a great sleeper if he keeps the job all season. The Saints offense could produce 2 WRs like Harrison & Wayne if someone would start all 16 games at WR2.

2 deep sleepers you might look for:

Bobby Wade - Looks like the veteran may be the #1 WR for the Vikings. It's the worst WR1 job in the NFL, but it's still a WR1. He has a history as a returner, too, so that might happen as well.

Patrick Crayton - Both Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn are over 30 and don't make it to Sunday as much as they used to. (Heck, Glenn's already hurt and it's not even week 1.) My prediction is that Crayton makes at least 4 starts at WR2 for Dallas this season. Also, since Romo ran with the 2nd team at practice for the Cowboys last year, Crayton was his WR1. He should have plenty of confidence in him.

Edited by FordFairlane

From your list, I really like Santonio Holmes. With Ward aging and injury-prone, Holmes has already proven he can be the first wide receiver. I think he will put up huge numbers considering where he's going.. More on Santonio here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/is-s...ver-valued.html

I really really like Drew Bennett now that Torry Holt won't be close to 100%. Bennett is a huge target (6'5" for the endzone) and Holt's knee is only 70-80%, according to himself. I detailed Holt's injury implications here.. http://ffplayers.blogspot.com/2007/08/what...lts-injury.html