[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli Manning

jjwbean

I am down on Eli because he bombed me last year.

+1. Eli seemed to have all the weapons are him last year, but couldn't make it happen. Granted, I think he had some o-line issues. In the end, he was too erratic for my liking. I stayed away this yar. :D

If he had 3200 yards and 24 TD's is bombing than imagine the upside.

If he had 3200 yards and 24 TD's is bombing than imagine the upside.

True, from an overall year snapshot Eli's stats from last year look OK. Eli started strong last year and then trended down as the year went along. That is why I am agreed with the "bombing". Eli as also projected at have a breakout year (including here at the Huddle), so probably a few folks like myself drafted Eli too high. All relative based upon your expections I guess. :D

My imagination is not that optimistic! Big brother syndrome tears this guy up this year!

True, from an overall year snapshot Eli's stats from last year look OK. Eli started strong last year and then trended down as the year went along. That is why I am agreed with the "bombing". Eli as also projected at have a breakout year (including here at the Huddle), so probably a few folks like myself drafted Eli too high. All relative based upon your expections I guess. :D

I understand your thought process...just defending mine. :D

Joe Levit's Quarterback Bust

Eli ManningEli Manning, NY Giants

Until he proves consistent on the field, Manning is not going to be someone I count on in fantasy football. Luke Petitgout is gone and so is Tiki Barber. Think that won’t impact the team. Think again. Barber was stellar at all aspects of being a running back, including blocking. You can bet Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns will let by more monsters on their way to a quick sack.

Paul Sandy's Quarterback Bust

Eli Manning, NY Giants

Don’t underestimate the loss of Tiki Barber. Manning connected with his all-pro RB on 58 passes last season for 465 yards of offense. Barber was a security blanket and one that Manning will sorely miss. While Brandon Jacobs shows promise and Reuben Droughns has a veteran presence, the combination doesn’t come close to matching what Barber brought to the table. It would surprise me to see Manning throw for more than 20 TDs this year.

Darin Tietgen's Quarterback Bust

Eli Manning, NY Giants

Lil' Manning has the typical “little brother syndrome”. He’s been constantly compared to his older brothers, and while he certainly does have talent, has always been the one to get the last pick of the fried chicken, hand-me-down clothes, and pat on the head as the tag-along. Now entering his fourth NFL season, Manning will be challenged more than ever. RB Tiki Barber has retired, opening the door to Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns. I don’t care for Jacobs at all as an every-down back, so I think Manning will be facing even more pressure this year. Droughns is a fine pass-catching back, but Tiki Barber he is not, and from what I’ve read and heard, the Giant coaching staff is going to give Jacobs every opportunity at being a full-time back, which is a mistake in my opinion. Manning has a talented set of receiving options, but they have issues too: Plaxico Burress is a talented freak, but some think he’s a few cards short of a full deck. He may not have the mental and emotional moxie to really step forward as an elite (or at very worst, a solid #1) NFL wideout. Amani Toomer is a few months away from collecting social security, and tight end Jeremy Shockey, like Burress, is wildly talented, but has “issues upstairs”. Will this trio get it done for Manning and the Giants? I’m betting not, and therefore Manning is in for another long season.

other thoughts from the front page....

You must have drafted Eli THIS year. :D

I have drafted everyone this year.

Joe Levit's Quarterback Bust

Eli ManningEli Manning, NY Giants

Until he proves consistent on the field, Manning is not going to be someone I count on in fantasy football. Luke Petitgout is gone and so is Tiki Barber. Think that won’t impact the team. Think again. Barber was stellar at all aspects of being a running back, including blocking. You can bet Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns will let by more monsters on their way to a quick sack.

Paul Sandy's Quarterback Bust

Eli Manning, NY Giants

Don’t underestimate the loss of Tiki Barber. Manning connected with his all-pro RB on 58 passes last season for 465 yards of offense. Barber was a security blanket and one that Manning will sorely miss. While Brandon Jacobs shows promise and Reuben Droughns has a veteran presence, the combination doesn’t come close to matching what Barber brought to the table. It would surprise me to see Manning throw for more than 20 TDs this year.

Darin Tietgen's Quarterback Bust

Eli Manning, NY Giants

Lil' Manning has the typical “little brother syndrome”. He’s been constantly compared to his older brothers, and while he certainly does have talent, has always been the one to get the last pick of the fried chicken, hand-me-down clothes, and pat on the head as the tag-along. Now entering his fourth NFL season, Manning will be challenged more than ever. RB Tiki Barber has retired, opening the door to Brandon Jacobs and Reuben Droughns. I don’t care for Jacobs at all as an every-down back, so I think Manning will be facing even more pressure this year. Droughns is a fine pass-catching back, but Tiki Barber he is not, and from what I’ve read and heard, the Giant coaching staff is going to give Jacobs every opportunity at being a full-time back, which is a mistake in my opinion. Manning has a talented set of receiving options, but they have issues too: Plaxico Burress is a talented freak, but some think he’s a few cards short of a full deck. He may not have the mental and emotional moxie to really step forward as an elite (or at very worst, a solid #1) NFL wideout. Amani Toomer is a few months away from collecting social security, and tight end Jeremy Shockey, like Burress, is wildly talented, but has “issues upstairs”. Will this trio get it done for Manning and the Giants? I’m betting not, and therefore Manning is in for another long season.

other thoughts from the front page....

my arguement against each for my views of Eli fantasywise..

Joe Levit -It aint like people drafting Manning are doing so at the top of the draft. he is getting took in the middle rounds by people who are planning to rotate QB's.

Paul Sandy- he hates him for the same reasons I like him fantasywise.I expect him to pass this year more than he ever has.

Darin Tietgen- well now I know what little brother syndrome is. don't believe it for a minute..but now I know what it is.

You put Peyton Manning on the Giants and he don't go to the SB.you put the line Eli is under in front of Peyton on the Colts he don't go to the superbowl. not comparing the 2 QB's but they are in 2 totally different situations.Peyton was in the situation years ago and he threw more INT's than TD's that 1st year.Eli is a fine QB.