[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Draft Help

ethnics

My main concern is that it may not be a good idea to draft a RB that is sharing carries. Especially with a guy like Mcallister who is a TD vulture. Any other thoughts? My Draft is tomorrow....

Since he is splitting carries, Bush will probably get the majority of his points through the air. I see him averaging 6 or 7 catches a game, which will make him a beast in PPR leagues.

Parker is a no brainer here imo, but if you are that big on bush you can drop back a few slots to get him and get a better RB on the way back! That is your ticket. Otherwise Parker does not share, Pitt is throwing more this year and using Parker out of the backfield and some guy in NO called Mcallister taking goal line carries may have an effect. I wish all these people that wanted Bush first would join my league.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Parker is a no brainer here imo, but if you are that big on bush you can drop back a few slots to get him and get a better RB on the way back! That is your ticket. Otherwise Parker does not share they are throwing more this year and using Parker out of the backfield and some guy in NO called Mcallister taking goal line carries. I wish all these people that wanted Bush first would join my league.

You give me a guy coming off a rookie season who had over 1300 total yards 8 TD's with 88 catches and should in all reality improve on those numbers this year anyday over a guy like Parker.

My crystal ball says:

Parker - 1300/12 rushing ... 225/1 recv (on 30 catches)

Bush - 750/6 rushing ... 775/4 recv (on 80 catches)

Plug those numbers into your league's scoring system & do the math to get their fantasy value, but IMO you can give Parker a little extra edge on perhaps producing more consistently week to week.

IMO Bush does not see the endzone as much this year and gets around 60 catches out of the backfield. Parker moves up to around 50 with the new system and gets more tds then last year but then again I am a homer.

Ah a homer.

Thats OK because for Bush to do what I expect him to do McCallister becomes more his backup. and that has not happened yet. I just expect it to.

I don't like Bush that early at all. He shares the backfield. As such I don't even consider him a 1st round pick unless your in a league that gives points for distance scores.

If it's the PPR that's got you fuzzy, take Westbrook. I consider him more comparable to the greatness of Willie Parker than Bush.

Our team is a PPR team but only gives .5 per reception. If it were not a PPR then I would take Parker with no hesitation. I would love to have Bush on my squad just for the upside that he offers and in his second year he should just get better. But yeah, Deuce is a big factor and if he is healthy, will get all the goal line looks and short yardage. Given my postion, I should be able to get Parker/Bush and Mcgahee as my #1 and #2 RB. After that I think it goes to Roy Williams.

Okay, I think it is Willie for the consistent action and no gambling there....

Any other replies are appreciated.

I'm in an 8 team league that awards a full point per reception AND has big bonuses for distance TD's (a rushing TD over 25 yards is 20 points, a receiving TD over 40 yards is 15). My core group is LJ, Reggie Bush, Chad Johnson and MJD in the flex spot.

I already have the money spent.

:D