[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Newbie-Help after draft...what now trade?

gmann

Ok here is the deal: I got invited into a Yahoo H2H FFL a day before the draft and had no clue what scoring methods they used when drafting, so I went heavy on RBs and may have hurt my QB position. So my 1st question is do I try to trade for a better QB or what? Here is the league details: 10 teams serpintine draft, I was #7. Start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, DST, K

League scoring:

Passing Attempts (-1)

Passing Yards (1 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (60)

Interceptions (-45)

Sacks (-10)

Rushing Attempts (-2)

Rushing Yards (0.5 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (60)

Receptions (-2)

Reception Yards (0.5 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (60)

Return Yards (1 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (60)

2-Point Conversions (20)

Fumbles Lost (-45)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (10)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (15)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (20)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (25)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (30)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-30)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-20)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-10)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-5)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)

Point After Attempt Made (10)

Point After Attempt Missed (-10)

Sack (10)

Interception (45)

Fumble Recovery (45)

Touchdown (60)

Safety (20)

Block Kick (20)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (60)

Points Allowed 0 points (150)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (75)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (50)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (25)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (10)

Points Allowed 28-34 points (0)

Points Allowed 35+ points (-25)

My team:

QBs: Jay Cutler, Brett Favre

RBs:Shaun Alexander, Laurence Maroney, Travis Henry, Ahman Green, Cadillac Williams, Jerious Norwood

WRs: Terell Owens, TJ Houshmanzadah, Lavernaus Coles, Terry Glenn, Drew Bennett

TE:Todd Heap

DST:Dallas defense

K: Jason Hanson

Any help as to how to improve or who to use as trade bait is much appreciated. Thanks! :D:D

PS Backup QBs I could trade for:

Romo, Kitna, Leinhart, Rivers, Rothlesberg, DelHomme AJ Smith

I dont think anybody will trade their #1 QB as there was a run on QBs early.

My gut is to go for Romo but who should I offer: Ahman Green?

Available QBs (in rank): Campbell (Was), Pennington, Jackson (MIN),Garcia (TB), Leftwich, Harrington, Huard, Culpepper, Frye, Quinn

Also is this scoring anywhere typical or has it been adjusted to favor QBs and WRs? It seems that way to me but what do I know?

As far as the Romo trade goes his team looks like this:

QB:Tom Brady,Tony Romo

RB:Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson, DeAngelo Williams , Kevin Jones

WR Steve Smith, Reggie Brown, Darrell Jackson, Ronald Curry, Jerry Porter

TE:Tony Gonzalez, Benjamin Watson ,Desmond Clark

K-Robbie Gould

DST-Philidelphia

Edited by gmann

yes I would trade Green for Romo because you are deep at Rb try Caddy first he needs another starting Rb badly and if not then go green. What is the make up of the Kitna team?

Thanks for the reply!

The Kitna team has the following roster:

QB:Kitna, Rivers, Leinhart

RBs: S Jackson, Jones-Drew, Marian Barber, C Taylor, Buckhalter

WRs:Wayne , Fitzgerald, Edwards, Kennison, Ginn Jr

TE: Witten

K: Brown

DST:Green Bay

Edited by gmann

Thanks for the reply!

The Kitna team has the following roster:

QB:Kitna, Rivers

RBs: S Jackson, Jones-Drew, C Taylor, Buckhalter

WRs:Wayne , Fitzgerald, Edwards, Kennison, Ginn Jr

TE: Witten

K: Brown

DST:Green Bay

he has the RB depth that would make him hold to see who performs better plus I think kitna is his #1!

Which of your two QBs is causing your angst?

The 'Old Man' in green Bay. I got a lot of respect for him but as we all know at some point our best is behind us. Im not convinced GB shored up their OL and ol' Brett may be throing a lot of INTs. What are your thoughts? Do you think I should stand pat?

he has the RB depth that would make him hold to see who performs better plus I think kitna is his #1!

DRM,

Thanks again, I left out Leinhart and Marian Barber in Team 2, but I dont think your advice would change.

So you think Romo is my best target? He may need a backup QB in which I would offer Favre and Cadillac for Romo and ??

maybe K. Jones for late in the yr when he comes off INJ reserve?

Edited by gmann

The 'Old Man' in green Bay. I got a lot of respect for him but as we all know at some point our best is behind us. Im not convinced GB shored up their OL and ol' Brett may be throing a lot of INTs. What are your thoughts? Do you think I should stand pat?

Given your scoring (and the penalty that interceptions generate), I'm not sure that Romo would be an upgrade over Favre. I love Romo. I have a poster of him, Aikman and Staubach on my ceiling in case my wife isn't doing anything for me but he will throw interceptions. Favre is his idol and he plays like it. If you feel compelled to trade, given your scoring you might consider a different QB than Romo.

I also have to say that I'm not a fan of doing any trading before the season starts but that could be a matter of personal preference. I kind of like your roster as it is.

Good luck.

The interception factor here is huge as you have a winning mind in a old body that just is not what it used to be go for romo and less intercepts he definitely needs a RB.

Sounds like a plan. What if he wants a 2 player deal with Favre included as a backup QB, do you think Kevin Jones would be a good play since he is out w/injury but I could afford to wait 6-7 weeks for him to return and/or use KJ for trade bait later in the year?

If you can get KJ go for it , it does not hurt you, but I would think that he would go starting RB and back up QB for back up QB no problem. I would even trade Favre and Green for Romo and look to the waivers if I had to. Start with the KJ thing and then when or if he says no go to the Favre and Green thing for Romo. Romo has more upside then Favre imo as well.

Given your scoring (and the penalty that interceptions generate), I'm not sure that Romo would be an upgrade over Favre. I love Romo. I have a poster of him, Aikman and Staubach on my ceiling in case my wife isn't doing anything for me but he will throw interceptions. Favre is his idol and he plays like it. If you feel compelled to trade, given your scoring you might consider a different QB than Romo.

I also have to say that I'm not a fan of doing any trading before the season starts but that could be a matter of personal preference. I kind of like your roster as it is.

Good luck.

According to my stats Favre thru 18 TDs and 18 INTs, (270 pts) whereas Romo threw 19 TDs and 13 INTs.(550 pts) About a 280 pt swing, almost 17.5 pts per week. Given that Favre and the Pack are aging and Romo and the Boys are improved, I would project Romo to have less INTs (say 10) and a couple extra TD passes. Also Romo didnt play the whole year as Bledsoe lived up to his name in the 1st few games.