[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan losing to App St at home

Sgt. Ryan

yup. Big 10 homers love to throw the ND card into the NC mix- please. UT - well done, you guys have mixed it up with the some of the Big 12-

but the reality is the Big 10 doesn't play the quality NC games like the Pac 10 and SEC............

this has been talked over and over in this forum but the Big 10 just does not play as competitive NC games as the Pac 10 and SEC.

You care to revise that before I go back just in this century and humiliate you?

And yes I guess according to lovely pac 10 logic, I can use games where we were thumped, because after all, the Pac 10 does that a lot (outside of USC).

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You care to revise that before I go back just in this century and humiliate you?

And yes I guess according to lovely pac 10 logic, I can use games where we were thumped, because after all, the Pac 10 does that a lot (outside of USC).

by all means humiliate me.......this should be good.

You Big 10 homers can say all you want about the Pac 10- playing a legit NC schedule , and taking their show on the road to some tough azz places to play, well.........that is not one of them. 1-10 the Pac 10 plays tough NC foes- period. Embarrass away, I am waiting........

The Big has been notoriously soft in the NC scheduling - this is a pretty common opinion across college football.

Do you not remember all the threads on this chit last year if Mich had actually played anyone

A) they would have lost 3 games.

:D that is about it.

so what is the criteria? Go ahead, I'm waiting. We're going by your criteria. Keep in mind, I wasn't even busting on the Pac 10 at all, or any conference for that matter. But apparently the Big Ten plays a "softer" NC schedule than any other conference. So lets see it wildcat, whats the criteria? What constitutes a TOUGH rugged OOC schedule?

Oh btw, do bowl games count, because year in and year out, the Big Ten plays the toughest bowl schedule (playing 2 new years day bowl games against SEC opponents in there back yard), not to mention we play the rose bowl in the pac 10's back yard. No one faces tougher bowl games.

But if you don't want to count bowl games, I would understand, that wouldn't be fair, so we'll stick to regular season, just tell me the criteria.

so what is the criteria? Go ahead, I'm waiting. We're going by your criteria. Keep in mind, I wasn't even busting on the Pac 10 at all, or any conference for that matter. But apparently the Big Ten plays a "softer" NC schedule than any other conference. So lets see it wildcat, whats the criteria? What constitutes a TOUGH rugged OOC schedule?

Oh btw, do bowl games count, because year in and year out, the Big Ten plays the toughest bowl schedule (playing 2 new years day bowl games against SEC opponents in there back yard), not to mention we play the rose bowl in the pac 10's back yard. No one faces tougher bowl games.

But if you don't want to count bowl games, I would understand, that wouldn't be fair, so we'll stick to regular season, just tell me the criteria.

Are you seriously going to try to win an argument with Wildcat ?. Even when you win, he won't EVER admit that you won, or even state that you made good points. Seriously, why bother ?

Edited by Menudo

Are you seriously going to try to win an argument with Wildcat ?. Even when you win, he won't EVER admit that you won, or even state that you made good points. Seriously, why bother ?

listen to The Menudo........ he is wise

seriously, I love a good argument- and in the past I have always thought of the Big 10 as one of the top conferences, especially in overall strength.

I just think the Bog 10 has fallen back- and other conferences, i.e. the PAC 10 and SEC have passed them by in talent and quality teams.

as for criteria- I am just talking about going on the road into a hostile environment and playing a good NC game.

Mich for example, when do they go on the road to play anyone NC- (please save the ND game).

listen to The Menudo........ he is wise

seriously, I love a good argument- and in the past I have always thought of the Big 10 as one of the top conferences, especially in overall strength.

I just think the Bog 10 has fallen back- and other conferences, i.e. the PAC 10 and SEC have passed them by in talent and quality teams.

as for criteria- I am just talking about going on the road into a hostile environment and playing a good NC game.

Mich for example, when do they go on the road to play anyone NC- (please save the ND game).

I knew I could get you going..... :D

As for the Big 10, I actually agree that they have fallen back a bit. There performance in last year's Bowl games, and some of their performances in Week 1 point to that. However, it is still a strong conference. It might not be at the top, but, it is still very solid.

I never quite understood why, it seems, when you root for a college team, you are supposed to argue for the strength of the entire conference they play in. I understand that a stronger conference makes your favorite team's wins look more impressive, but, I'm not going to waste my breath or fingers in this case arguing for my conference. I'm a Penn State fan, and watching Michigan lose last weekend was simply AWESOME !!!! In the long run, it might hurt Penn State a bit, both in that a win over Michigan won't look as good, and that the loss may re-focus Michigan, but, I simply don't care, it was AWESOME !!!

Really, did you know that they had won back to back Division 2A championships before today, or did you hear it and try to act like you knew... :D

And if this isn't the upset of the century, what is?

Actually, I did know that they have won 2 straight championships, since I live in NC and have a few friends that have gone there.... :wacko: I knew it was not going to be an easy game for Michigan, but I was very excited and was hoping they could keep it close... When Hart scored on the 54 yd TD, I thought the slipper may have broken, but App. St. showed they were up to the task and took the lead back and kept it with the last second FG block... :D:wacko:

Great game and it was nice to see Michigan take the loss at home, even if it means the SOS for other Big Ten teams goes down...

I knew I could get you going..... :D

As for the Big 10, I actually agree that they have fallen back a bit. There performance in last year's Bowl games, and some of their performances in Week 1 point to that. However, it is still a strong conference. It might not be at the top, but, it is still very solid.

I never quite understood why, it seems, when you root for a college team, you are supposed to argue for the strength of the entire conference they play in. I understand that a stronger conference makes your favorite team's wins look more impressive, but, I'm not going to waste my breath or fingers in this case arguing for my conference. I'm a Penn State fan, and watching Michigan lose last weekend was simply AWESOME !!!! In the long run, it might hurt Penn State a bit, both in that a win over Michigan won't look as good, and that the loss may re-focus Michigan, but, I simply don't care, it was AWESOME !!!

reason being is the effin east coast bias- all we here in PAC 10 land is that our conference is USC and a bunch of red headed stepchildren. The reality is- the only real tough games and LOSSES that USC has had are in conference. WHile they obviously have more chances to lose an in conference game due to sheer numbers- i

t does not take away from the fact that USC has DOMINATED the entire country, but had their hands full out west in the Pac 10.

FWIW - I will be with all ND fans this Saturday- rooting for your Nittan Lions without a doubt

It is cyclical IMO- and the Pac 10 has passed the Big 10 in talent, as well as quality coaching.

SEC is still the best conference in America.

Edited by wildcat2334

reason being is the effin east coast bias- all we here in PAC 10 land is that our conference is USC and a bunch of red headed stepchildren. The reality is- the only real tough games and LOSSES that USC has had are in conference. WHile they obviously have more chances to lose an in conference game due to sheer numbers- i

t does not take away from the fact that USC has DOMINATED the entire country, but had their hands full out west in the Pac 10.

FWIW - I will be with all ND fans this Saturday- rooting for your Nittan Lions without a doubt

It is cyclical IMO- and the Pac 10 has passed the Big 10 in talent, as well as quality coaching.

SEC is still the best conference in America.

I don't see how you can say that through and through the Pac 10 has passed the Big 10 in talent. Actually, I think these conference arguments are kind of silly.

However, seeing that you are an Arizona fan, I can understand why you would rather argue conference vs. conference than stand behind your team individually. :D

If they played:

PSU 48

Zona 3

I don't see how you can say that through and through the Pac 10 has passed the Big 10 in talent. Actually, I think these conference arguments are kind of silly.

However, seeing that you are an Arizona fan, I can understand why you would rather argue conference vs. conference than stand behind your team individually. :D

If they played:

PSU 48

Zona 3

Exactly- as a UA football fan- I gotta be a hugh Pac 10 conference fan. As kick azz a school as UA is, football program has not been good since they fired Dick Tomey -

Mike Stoops SUCKS- and I expect him to get the axe after this season.

Exactly- as a UA football fan- I gotta be a hugh Pac 10 conference fan. As kick azz a school as UA is, football program has not been good since they fired Dick Tomey -

Mike Stoops SUCKS- and I expect him to get the axe after this season.

LMMFAO, Stoops next job should be better than his current job. And that is probably a DC for his brother again.

Alright Wildcat, I have to say you got me. Because if you take Notre Dame away (as a annual rivalry for 3 of our teams) the only teams we ever seem to go on the road and play are... well... Pac 10 Teams. So you're right... Big Ten doesn't play anyone good.

Pac 10 plays the majority of there road games against Big Ten teams. Yes once in awhile, a crappy team like your Wildcats, go and get thumped in Baton Rouge. And speaking of the SEC. Apparently they play all of these tough OOC teams according to you... well take away Florida's trips to FSU, Georgias trips to Ga Tech, and South Carolina's treks to Clemson, and the SEC hasn't really played anyone outside of there conference in this decade.

The Pac 10, does go on the road more than any other conference, by a lot, thanks in large part to USC, who year in and year out has someone on there schedule to play. But also UCLA and Washington have done there fair share of traveling, but again, like the Big Ten, the Pac 10 plays the bulk of there tough NC games against Big Ten teams. . I can't help it if Michigan State and Purdue have been playing Notre Dame for the last billion years, and that will never change. It's no different than other OOC rivalries such as the ones I mentioned that the SEC has.

The Big Ten and SEC simply don't play each other. I don't know why. But if that's where you're going with this "tough NC" game business, the fact that we don't travel to Knoxville or Gainesville, or Baton Rouge, ask yourself, have you seen them travel to Ann Arbor, Columbus, or Iowa City? By a quick count, just comparing the 3 conferences in question, Pac 10 by far had more OOC games on the road against "quality opponents." Since you didn't give me much of a criterea, I just counted traveling to other BCS teams. I even took away rivalries for the Big Ten such as Iowa-Iowa State, and of course, you can't count Notre Dame. That means it didn't get counted for USC, or for the years Tennessee made the trek to South Bend. I threw in a couple road games that I felt were significant enough to warrant being counted, like Northwestern (who never plays anyone) when they went to TCU to tangle with LT, and a couple treks to Utah and Boise State who is very tough at home for both conferences, or just in general, teams that were above average. Big Ten 32 games since 2000, majority of them at Pac 10 schools. Pac 10 had 41. SEC if you count those 3 rivallries have 31 road games... if you do not count them it's 20 games.

Now again, this was just me briefly looking over schedules over the years, and is also subjective, but while I never claimed that the Big Ten played a tougher schedule than the Pac 10, I simply wanted to prove to you that the Big Ten does travel on the road, and if you don't think traveling to your very own Pac 10 is good enough, then you're right, the Big Ten never goes on the road to play anyone.

BTW, for all the knocking on the Big Ten you dish out... they did go 2-1 vs the SEC in bowl games last year, and have a winning record I believe agianst them in bowl games since 2000. It does I understand get overshadowed by the fact that USC (not an SEC team) destroyed Michigan, and Florida destroyed long time SEC b|tch Ohio State. However, if you want to look at the conferences overall, it's pretty tough to say that the Big Ten has fallen so far behind, especially considering all the NFL talent they produce year in and year out, which only the SEC produced more draft picks than the Big Ten in this past years Draft.

Well, Mike Hart is the only one playing with a pulse. USC exposde Chad Henne in the Rose Bowl, you rush him up the middle, get him out of the pocket, and he's nothing but a high school qb. He cannot throw on the run to save his life. Combine that with this is the worst Michigan Defense in there 128 (right?) year history, and you got what you have seen in the last 2 weeks. Giving up 600 + yards at home is something a cellar dwellar like Duke, or Baylor does. Not a team like Michigan.