[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Autodraft Question

Stykman22

As a favor to a friend, I joined his Yahoo league that is basically a performance league, but does have IDP. The draft will be an autodraft, which I have never done before in football. My question is, how do I rank players for an autodraft? In live drafts, I know where I pick ahead of time, but in the autodraft, I won't. Do I rank players similiarly to how I would do it in a live draft, making the assumption that Yahoo's draft order will be Round 1: 1-12, and Round 2:, 12-1, etc?

Thanks in advance!

I still play in my very first FF league which is still an autodraft.

I rank them just as if I would draft live. The bad thing about autodrafts is the computer doesn't recognize bye weeks.

I think the autodrafts are getting better. I drafted in a Yahoo league last night and know two managers who had to autopick while we drafted live because of Labor Day weekend commitments. I remember when defenses were getting autopicked in the 5th round 'cause the computer saw your team needed a D. Last night these two teams who had to autopick turned out quite decent, and I didn't see defenses, kickers or TE's being picked before round 11. The thing is you either end up with two D's, TE's or K. The one guy who autopicked dropped his second K this morning.

We have a family league (kids, cousins, etc.) and we use Yahoo autodraft. We also draft IDP. Rank the players similarly to how you would rank them in a regular league. The only thing you need to be careful about is the IDP. Yahoo has really strange rankings of IDP. It ranks some of the top IDP really really low so you have to pay attention to where you rank the IDP. It has Mike Peterson, a top IDP ranked 1161 overall. Last year I didn't pay attention to how Yahoo ranked the IDP and wound up with some IDP that didn't even make their team's rosters. Luckily, nobody else in the league paid any attention to that either so we were able to pick up the IDP that we needed.

It sounds lame but I need to do well in the family league. It's great to be able to beat my kids at something. They kick my butt at Madden and Guitar Hero but last season I played in the FF championship against my mother.

Jenna

We have a family league (kids, cousins, etc.) and we use Yahoo autodraft. We also draft IDP. Rank the players similarly to how you would rank them in a regular league. The only thing you need to be careful about is the IDP. Yahoo has really strange rankings of IDP. It ranks some of the top IDP really really low so you have to pay attention to where you rank the IDP. It has Mike Peterson, a top IDP ranked 1161 overall. Last year I didn't pay attention to how Yahoo ranked the IDP and wound up with some IDP that didn't even make their team's rosters. Luckily, nobody else in the league paid any attention to that either so we were able to pick up the IDP that we needed.

It sounds lame but I need to do well in the family league. It's great to be able to beat my kids at something. They kick my butt at Madden and Guitar Hero but last season I played in the FF championship against my mother.

Jenna

ROFL...undoubtedly, "I played in the FF championship against my mother" is one phrase I will never hear myself utter. :D

Edited by Stykman22