[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper draft advice needed

timnmakayla

Here's the story...

I have the #1 pick in the draft tomorrow in a10 team, 2-man keeper league. I have kept SA and Gore and can only start 2 RB, standard scoring...no PPR. The dilema is I don't pick again until #28 overall so what position do I draft? Should I go WR and pick up Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson or Torry Holt, or QB and get Peyton? The best RB's available will be Rudi J, FWP, Westbrook.

We had a draft last Sunday and by the looks of the draft before Fanball crashed in the 4th round, I had drafted Peyton, Marques Colston and Plaxico Burress before Fanball died. So now we have our re-draft tomorrow. I'm thinking of taking Marvin Harrison because by the time I pick again, all elite WR will be gone and our league doesn't really favor QB's for scoring as they only get 1pt for 50yds passing so the difference in Peyton to the above average quarterbacks isn't that great.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's the story...

I have the #1 pick in the draft tomorrow in a10 team, 2-man keeper league. I have kept SA and Gore and can only start 2 RB, standard scoring...no PPR. The dilema is I don't pick again until #28 overall so what position do I draft? Should I go WR and pick up Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson or Torry Holt, or QB and get Peyton? The best RB's available will be Rudi J, FWP, Westbrook.

We had a draft last Sunday and by the looks of the draft before Fanball crashed in the 4th round, I had drafted Peyton, Marques Colston and Plaxico Burress before Fanball died. So now we have our re-draft tomorrow. I'm thinking of taking Marvin Harrison because by the time I pick again, all elite WR will be gone and our league doesn't really favor QB's for scoring as they only get 1pt for 50yds passing so the difference in Peyton to the above average quarterbacks isn't that great.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Some may disagree with me, but I've always found it best to build a team evenly. It's going to be tough to pass up some of those RBs you mentioned, but I think you'll still be able to pick up a decent RB3 at the 1/2 swing since most of the owners in your league will probably go after WRs and QBs once the handful of marquee RBs are off the board.

Is there any way that you can trade down and pick up an extra early round pick?

Yeah....I tried that. I actually got an owner to agree and I would get his 7th and 14th overall picks. Then he backed out of it 1/2 hour prior to the draft. I would take one of those RBs, but we can only start 2 and we don't have a flex that I could start them. If I drafted a RB, I think it would be for trade bait only...unless SA or Gore got injured.

Both WR and RB are 10yds=1pt. TD=6pts.

Since you already have 2 backs that are highly ranked, and you can only play 2 ( must be yahoo) go for the WR's and pick up some low end Rb's later. Bell is the No. 1 for Detroit, and should go late. Go stud WR's on your next pick!!!! Just be cognisent of the bye's and you should be okay. Definately go WR and don't forget QB.

If it were me, I would take best available player--there is a great chance you can easily trade out to your advantage once your stacked at RB and another team is thin. I wouldn't open the doors for anybody else cuz' you have 2 RB's....

Well here's how it went down...I'm still looking to trade one of my RB for a WR, but it's all good. Thx for the help fellas!

1 RB Johnson, Rudi CIN 5

28 WR Colston, Marques NO 4

33 QB Brees, Drew NO 4

48 WR Jackson, Vincent SD 7

53 TE Winslow, Kellen CLE 7

68 D Chargers, San Diego SD 7

73 RB Green, Ahman HOU 10

88 WR Branch, Deion SEA 8

93 WR Brown, Reggie PHI 5

108 TE Clark, Dallas IND 6

113 QB Rivers, Philip SD 7

128 LB Lewis, Ray BAL 8