[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seeking advice on RB and WR depth

tom23li

I'm in round 6 of the draft and will spend the next two picks obtaining a 3rd receiver and QB (but also seeking a bit of advice on future rounds)

My current receivers are:

Steve Smith (the good one- and I'm a giants fan)

Larry Fitzgerald

Right now my team consists of the following running backs;

Larry Johnson

Ronnie Brown

Maurice Jones-Drew

Obtaining a third receiver seems more important and hopefully one of the following falls to me (with six picks to go):

Burress, Santana Moss, Terry Glenn, and Joey Galloway (who I all like), and D. Jackson, Colston, H. Ward, and D. Branch (who I don't).

But with the following RB's available, do I hold off on a QB, or go ahead or pick one while I can. It will be a long time till I pick again.

Ahman Green, M. Lynch, A. Peterson.

----

Suppose I'm just thinking out loud, but would like to see if you all think this strategy seems ill-conceived

Round 6- Whichever WR fallls to me; preferably Burress, Moss, or Glenn

Round 7- QB

Round 8- A sleeper rb like L. Jordon, C. Taylor, C. Williams, or F. Taylor.

Fred Taylor seems particularly tempting as a hedge on Jones- Drew

Any advice?

Just a thought...if Brees, Palmer, Brady and P. Manning are gone...if it were me, I'd take A. Peterson...if this is the A. Peterson RB from Minn. You can always trade R. Brown later for a quality WR and maybe another player. I'm not much of a R. Brown fan...but thats just me. Besides there are lots of really good WR's this year who will be available as you go through your draft. It's hard to pass up Colston...but I'd take Peterson before Colston. You have two very solid WR's and package that with A. Peterson, LJ and MJD...depending upon how many RBs and WRs you start in your league, you would have a pretty solid team...tough to beat. QB's with equal talent will be available...like Hasselbeck, Bulger, McNabb, Romo...later on in the draft...

Just my :D

Just a thought...if Brees, Palmer, Brady and P. Manning are gone...if it were me, I'd take A. Peterson...if this is the A. Peterson RB from Minn. You can always trade R. Brown later for a quality WR and maybe another player. I'm not much of a R. Brown fan...but thats just me. Besides there are lots of really good WR's this year who will be available as you go through your draft. It's hard to pass up Colston...but I'd take Peterson before Colston. You have two very solid WR's and package that with A. Peterson, LJ and MJD...depending upon how many RBs and WRs you start in your league, you would have a pretty solid team...tough to beat. QB's with equal talent will be available...like Hasselbeck, Bulger, McNabb, Romo...later on in the draft...

Just my :D

Thanks for your advice. 5 picks left and they are all available. I'm a lot higher on R. Brown (and I selected him in the 3rd rd.) then you. My concerns with A. Peterson is that he may not get all that many touches. C. Taylor is a good back.

While your argument holds weight, there are also a lot of depth at RB. I'll be able to pick a starter in later rounds too. I may hold off on the QB, but really like E. Manning this year (and Leinert), but certainly want a third WR just to protect me for injury to the other two.

I really like my team so far.