[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate my 12-man team

Medal of Honor

Hey guys. Just did my draft last night and got the number 9 pick in a 12-man draft with a ton of FF veterans. That considered I think I did alright (though the QB run started way too early). We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE (flex), 1 K, 1 DEF for a total of 8. I took a chance with a lot of potential sleepers late (Kevin Jones when he comes off injury). By the way, this is a performance league.

QB Phillip Rivers - SDC

QB Jason Campbell - WAS

RB Rudi Johnson - CIN

RB Thomas Jones - NYJ

RB Ladell Betts - WAS

RB Kevin Jones - DET

WR Steve Smith - CAR

WR Plaxico Burress - NYG

WR Jerricho Cotchery - NYJ

WR Patrick Crayton - DAL

WR James Jones - GBP

WR Mike Williams - OAK

TE Vernon Davis - SFO (remember I can start him as a WR)

K Neil Rackers - ARI

DEF Seahawks - SEA

Also, who do you think I should start in week 1?

Edited by Medal of Honor

You've not got much depth at rb, but it's balanced and your starters will certainly be competitive assuming today's news about Thomas Jones is being overgged. If it isn't, you might have a problem.

What news about Thomas Jones? By the way thanks for your help as well!

Edited by Medal of Honor

Hey guys. Just did my draft last night and got the number 9 pick in a 12-man draft with a ton of FF veterans. That considered I think I did alright (though the QB run started way too early). We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE (flex), 1 K, 1 DEF for a total of 8. I took a chance with a lot of potential sleepers late (Kevin Jones when he comes off injury). By the way, this is a performance league.

QB Phillip Rivers - SDC

QB Jason Campbell - WAS

RB Rudi Johnson - CIN

RB Thomas Jones - NYJ

RB Ladell Betts - WAS

RB Kevin Jones - DET

WR Steve Smith - CAR

WR Plaxico Burress - NYG

WR Jerricho Cotchery - NYJ

WR Patrick Crayton - DAL

WR James Jones - GBP

WR Mike Williams - OAK

TE Vernon Davis - SFO (remember I can start him as a WR)

K Neil Rackers - ARI

DEF Seahawks - SEA

Also, who do you think I should start in week 1?

Not really sure what I'm ranking it against.

What news about Thomas Jones? By the way thanks for your help as well!

The 'PFW whispers 9/1' thread in the main forum contained this nugget of gossip:

"RB Thomas Jones stands as the Jets’ marquee offseason acquisition, but coach Eric Mangini doesn’t want to overuse him. Expect Jones to average around 15 carries per game, with Leon Washington spelling him more often than most had initially believed."

Not something a Jones owner wants to hear.

DING DING DING.....We have a WINNER!!!! Because, YES, Rate My Team post are very annoying

If you don't like them, then just ignore them. Don't come in here like a butthole and ruin my thread when I am asking legit questions. When I am asking for a rating, I want to know where people think I am strong, and where I am weak. Certainly I have my own impressions, which is why I drafted the team. However, I want suggestions on areas of focus for me to be able to make some adjustments in the weeks to come.

So if you are going to post in my thread saying "Best team ever" or "Worst team ever" or some equivalent nonsense, then don't post. It's not much to ask, and it saves you from looking like a total ass. Win-Win situation.

If you don't like them, then just ignore them. Don't come in here like a butthole and ruin my thread when I am asking legit questions. When I am asking for a rating, I want to know where people think I am strong, and where I am weak. Certainly I have my own impressions, which is why I drafted the team. However, I want suggestions on areas of focus for me to be able to make some adjustments in the weeks to come.

So if you are going to post in my thread saying "Best team ever" or "Worst team ever" or some equivalent nonsense, then don't post. It's not much to ask, and it saves you from looking like a total ass. Win-Win situation.

Let me put it to you this way, you are thinking about making a blockbuster trade involving Travis Henry. It’s big, and you just want some thoughts on it from some of the FF minds in here. You make a post, and within 15 minutes there’s 20 RMT threads that bumped it down to page two… no responses. Wanna know why? It wasn’t up long enough for other people to read it. You may bump it, but the RMT threads will send it back down again. Once on page two, it just fades away.

In conclusion, I don’t care about your team. You prolly drafted just like the cheatsheets told you to, the ADP by position basically predicts who you’ll have, and they all look the same. I love my teams, but I also know no one else does. If you have some different draft strategy where you have a team that drafted QB/TE/QB, that may be interesting and worth reading about to see what you wound up with, but more importantly knowing why, and not asking us to tell you.

Because I’m feeling most advice like today, I’ll rate your team. You took Rudi/S.Smith with your first two picks. Then you had to have taken Rivers, and the list reads like a top 100 cheatsheet. You need major firepower to win, and this team may compete if it hits on all cylinders in a given week. Meh… you may wind up at .500… prolly not. Note from what I’ve seen (which I doubt you did winding up with Smith), if you drink the RB/RB Kool-Aid in draft slots 7-12, you’ll have a very average team at best. Go RB/QB... it's the year to do that.

Oh, and while all the other legit adivice questions go off to page 2 and above, feel free to tell me all the reasons why RMT threads help anyone that doesn't know how to use an ADP?

Let me put it to you this way, you are thinking about making a blockbuster trade involving Travis Henry. It’s big, and you just want some thoughts on it from some of the FF minds in here. You make a post, and within 15 minutes there’s 20 RMT threads that bumped it down to page two… no responses. Wanna know why? It wasn’t up long enough for other people to read it. You may bump it, but the RMT threads will send it back down again. Once on page two, it just fades away.

In conclusion, I don’t care about your team. You prolly drafted just like the cheatsheets told you to, the ADP by position basically predicts who you’ll have, and they all look the same. I love my teams, but I also know no one else does. If you have some different draft strategy where you have a team that drafted QB/TE/QB, that may be interesting and worth reading about to see what you wound up with, but more importantly knowing why, and not asking us to tell you.

Because I’m feeling most advice like today, I’ll rate your team. You took Rudi/S.Smith with your first two picks. Then you had to have taken Rivers, and the list reads like a top 100 cheatsheet. You need major firepower to win, and this team may compete if it hits on all cylinders in a given week. Meh… you may wind up at .500… prolly not. Note from what I’ve seen (which I doubt you did winding up with Smith), if you drink the RB/RB Kool-Aid in draft slots 7-12, you’ll have a very average team at best. Go RB/QB... it's the year to do that.

Oh, and while all the other legit adivice questions go off to page 2 and above, feel free to tell me all the reasons why RMT threads help anyone that doesn't know how to use an ADP?

:D:D

:D

Easily the best post of the past month. Says it all.

:D