[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Advice on Trading for a QB!

MascisMan

Just had my draft. CBS league with 6pts for all TD's, no PPR, and 2RB/3WR. I was pick #4, here is how my draft panned out:

I waited one round too long for a QB as you will see. But my RB's and WR's are strong. I think I will be able to move a reserve RB or WR for good serviceable QB with little problems. Here is how the draft went down:

4. Larry Johnson

21. Travis Henry

28. Terrell Owens

45. Cedric Benson (I had to derail to get him here)

52. Marques Colston

68. Isaac Bruce

75. Alge Crumpler

92. LaDell Betts (was going to choose a QB here then Leinart, Cutler, Manning, and Favre was taken right after me)

99. Chad Pennington (best available, I promise)

116. Muhsin Muhammed

123. Joe Horn

140. Jake Delhomme

147. Vikings D/ST

164. J. Kasay

So my weakness is obviously at QB. Is it worth trying to trade for a better one now or should I wait a few weeks into the season to see how things shake out?

Here are the QB's on the wire:

Grossman, Harrington, Garrard, Campbell, T. Green

Also, Furrey and Welker are out on the wire. So I can move WR's if need be. I was thinking of maybe Bruce for Cutler or Leinart...what do you think?

Edited by MascisMan

Look to trade but in the meantime cut Horn and grab either Grossman, who has a cake schedule, or Campbell, who has upside.

Trade Benson for a QB, but I doubt you'll get much unless someone else drafted two stellar QB's. 6 pt TD no PPR league, you're going to need a good QB.

Here are the other teams that have dual QB's with potential for me. I listed their RB and WR also.

C. Palmer

M. Hasselbeck

--MJD, BJacobs, Mturner

--Chad Johnson, R. Wayne, D. Branch, M. Jones

D. Brees

M. Leinart

--S. Jackson, M. Lynch, J. Norwood

--T. Holt, P. Burress, V. Jackson, DJ Hackett, D. Jarrett

V. Young

J. Losman

--R. Bush, A Peterson (MIN)

--TJ Housh, L. Coles, M. Clayton, D. Bennett, T. Ginn Jr.

P. Manning

B. Favre

--C. Portis, Ronnie Brown

--J. Walker, L. Evans, T. Glenn, E. Kennison, J. Porter

M. Bulger

E. Manning

--B. Westbrook, D. Foster, J. Jones, A. Peterson (CHI)

--M. Harrison, J. Galloway, S. Holmes

T. Brady

J. Cutler

--Tomlinson, C. Williams, Dunn, B. Jackson

--A. Johnson, B. Edwards, D. Henderson, B. Marshall, B. Jones

To me, it appears Cuter, E. Manning, B. Favre, Leinart, and Hasselbeck (I really dont want Losman).

Knowing what I have on my team who would you target and how? Also keep in mind that Furrey, Jurevicius, and Welker are on the wire in case I have to ditch a WR.

I think if I move Benson I won't get appropriate value for him. I don't mind moving Betts although I love him as a handcuff. My other thoughts included trying to move Bruce for Cutler or Leinart and grab one of the aforementioned WR's off the wire.

What do you guys think?

Look to trade but in the meantime cut Horn and grab either Grossman, who has a cake schedule, or Campbell, who has upside.

I can see dropping Horn for Grossman or Campbell. But then I will have 3 QB's. Do I drop Delhomme or platoon the 3 (not really what I wanted to do but....)?

I agree with picking up Grossman. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I drafted 4th in my league as well and waited too long for a QB.

I've been offered Willie Parker for TO and Jamal Lewis. The other team failed to draft any decent WR's? What do you think. Am I ok with the RB's I have? Does losing TO make me to thin at WR in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def

10 Team performance w/ PPR

Leinart, Favre

LJ, B Jacobs, J Lewis, J Norwood

TO, ROY, Driver, V Davis, B Jones, Bowe

Wilkins

San Diego Def

I agree with picking up Grossman. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I drafted 4th in my league as well and waited too long for a QB.

I've been offered Willie Parker for TO and Jamal Lewis. The other team failed to draft any decent WR's? What do you think. Am I ok with the RB's I have? Does losing TO make me to thin at WR in your opinion?

Thanks in advance

Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def

10 Team performance w/ PPR

Leinart, Favre

LJ, B Jacobs, J Lewis, J Norwood

TO, ROY, Driver, V Davis, B Jones, Bowe

Wilkins

San Diego Def

I don't know. I would think in a PPR league you would want to keep TO, ROY, and Driver...

Irish and Doc are right on with their thoughts. Going further, nobody in their right mind is going to give up Leinart or Cutler for Isaac Bruce...unless they drafted zero wide receivers.

Irish and Doc are right on with their thoughts. Going further, nobody in their right mind is going to give up Leinart or Cutler for Isaac Bruce...unless they drafted zero wide receivers.

Well the Leinart and Cutler owners have Brees and Brady as their number 1 QB's respectively. I was thinking I could pry one of them away since they will probably only play 1 week out of 16 where as in a 3WR league they could use Bruce almost every week, especially with some people doubting Holt..

Maybe Im wrong.

I don't know. I would think in a PPR league you would want to keep TO, ROY, and Driver...

Sorry guys. I meant to only copy my lineup but i accidently copied a question from my other post. I didnt mean to hijack this thread. Please ignore my question.

Get Grossman off waivers, and if that dont work out...............wait..............just wait..............you have a lot of implied upside and betts might be a top 10 back by week 5!

I do worry about Benson though, if the Bears really liked him , would they have drafted Wolffe??? And looking at those 2 side-by-side in practice, I'm not sure Benson looks better. I'm far from sure because I've watched the games and Wolffe looks pretty good out there and obviously the Bears had there doubts more about Benson than Grossman because Wolffe was a Heisman finalist and they still thought to insure Benson with a draft pick before Grossman. A little something to think about.

And dont read into the whole "they let T Jones go, so they like Benson" thing, thats hogwash. T Jones was going to hold out.....He was scheduled to make 475k this year in Chicago and was in the final year of his deal(not to mention D Rosenhaus is his agent). The Bears, just like every other NFL team have only 1 franchise tag and that was reserved for Mr. Lance Briggs. They couldn't protect them both from a holdout and ended up moving up in the 2nd rd to unload Jones to the Jets. So they got something for nothing in other words, it had nothing to do with Benson being the savior. Remember Benson was drafted 4th overall and costs the Bears 54 Mill. Quite a cap difference from T Jones pro-rated 475k. Now Benson dont look so good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was a numbers game and business decision, thus the drafting of Wolffe.

And dont read into the whole "they let T Jones go, so they like Benson" thing, thats hogwash. T Jones was going to hold out.....He was scheduled to make 475k this year in Chicago and was in the final year of his deal(not to mention D Rosenhaus is his agent). The Bears, just like every other NFL team have only 1 franchise tag and that was reserved for Mr. Lance Briggs. They couldn't protect them both from a holdout and ended up moving up in the 2nd rd to unload Jones to the Jets. So they got something for nothing in other words, it had nothing to do with Benson being the savior. Remember Benson was drafted 4th overall and costs the Bears 54 Mill. Quite a cap difference from T Jones pro-rated 475k. Now Benson dont look so good,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it was a numbers game and business decision, thus the drafting of Wolffe.

So I gather that you would recommend getting rid of Benson for a QB over getting rid of Betts?

lemme guess... you have Benson. Not a big fan, but if you are, ride it out. Traded Benson for MJD and am happy about it.

lemme guess... you have Benson. Not a big fan, but if you are, ride it out. Traded Benson for MJD and am happy about it.

not sure if you were talking to me or bulldog but yes I have Benson and Betts as shown in the original post. Right now I generally put Benson as a higher value than Betts because of his role and workload which is why Im reluctant to dispose of Benson for borderline tier 3/4 QB even though I need one.

You are way overvaluing Bruce. He's at best the #3 option on his team, Holt and Jackson being 1 and 2. And there is talk that Bennett may pass him soon, that puts him at the #4 option. Nobody is going to give you a top 10-12 QB for him. You need to work on a package deal using Pennington/Delhomme, Benson/Betts and Bruce. Then ask for your QB and something else. Try it with all the teams who have a guy you like.

not sure if you were talking to me or bulldog but yes I have Benson and Betts as shown in the original post. Right now I generally put Benson as a higher value than Betts because of his role and workload which is why Im reluctant to dispose of Benson for borderline tier 3/4 QB even though I need one.

Leinhart is a solid tier 2 QB, the others tier 3 so don't give up as much