[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning advice

Jules_Winfield

I know nothing gets Huddlers pulses racing like a little Peyton Manning talk.

Here is my situation.....

I have the 1:12, 2:1 picks in my draft tomorrow.

It is a running back centered league in that It would not surprise me if the first 11 picks are all rb's.

Rules:

6 points for all touchdowns INCLUDING PASSING

1 point for 20 yards rushing or recieiving

0.1 points per reception

0.2 points per rushing attempt

(so a 30 carry game by a rb = 1 touchdown)

1 qb 2 rb's, 1wr/rb flex, 2wr's, 1 te. 1k 1 team def

the 6 points per passing touchdown makes manning somewhat attractive.

But the ability to start 3 rbs, and knowing how thin I will be at rb and or wr if I take a qb that high makes me nervous

But Im worrying about getting any difference makers out of that draft slot.

draft is tomorrow.

DO I TAKE MANNING OR NOT?????????????????

(as opposed to 2 of the edge,benson, reggie bush trio)

DUDE!!! There is absolutely NO WAY that you take Manning at 1.12 or 2.1. NO WAY!!! The value is just not there. Take 2 RBs or a RB and a WR or Hell 2 stud WRs (this is the last method I'd advise but still better than taking Manning). Having 6 pts for all Tds INCLUDING PASSING doesn't make much a difference at all and shouldn't make Manning attractive to you at the 1.12 or 2.1 spots. Good Luck.

Oh wow, I can't believe you are asking. Manning has only a VERY slight advantage over any other QB in this format. You have a leg up over team #1 if you get 2 top-tier running backs before he gets his second choice. Bonus points if you draft next to the guy who DOES take Manning, as he will inevitably be behind you, and give you an option at another stud RB or WR.

Edited by Medal of Honor

Oh wow, I can't believe you are asking. Manning has only a VERY slight advantage over any other QB in this format. You have a leg up over team #1 if you get 2 top-tier running backs before he gets his second choice.

Well this isn't true but hopefully it swayed you from taking Manning. The team drafting in the #1 spot has a HUGH advantage over every other team by taking a guy name Tomlinson, who's as good as 2 RBs.

Well this isn't true but hopefully it swayed you from taking Manning. The team drafting in the #1 spot has a HUGH advantage over every other team by taking a guy name Tomlinson, who's as good as 2 RBs.

yes, at least last year LT scored 26 points per game while guys like Gore (17) FWP (16.7) Rudi (13) Chester Taylor (12)

so it's like Chester + Rudi would get you 25 points still less than LT. It was an unfair advantage and most likely you need a top-5 back to get 20 or more fantasy points a game and unlikely a 12th pick will yield a top-5 back.

Say the guy that picks LT comes back and is stuck with Jamal (11 points) thats a worse case scenario even if LT cools off to 2000 yards and 20 TDs he's still getting close to 20 points per game (IMO).

Edited by rai

WOWZA!

Just had my draft and there was a total curve ball. My commish had to switch to a live yahoo draft (for decent reasons) which changed the draft order.

I ended up picking 9th, and found out 15 minutes before hand.

Anyways, it went down like ths for me.

Qb Kitna (6th tound) Delhomme

RB Parker (1st round) Davenport,

RB Benson (2nd round) Morency

WR Roy Williams (3rd round) Devery Henderson

WR Deion Branch (7th round) Santonio Holmes

RB/WR Flex Deuce MCCallister (4th round)

TE Bo Scaife (12th round)

Def Baltimore (5th round), Carolina

K John Kasay (13th round

(Manning ended up going 2:1)

Edited by Jules_Winfield