[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First tough decision of the year...

HORRIBLEVICE

MY recievers are

1-L. Evans home DEN

2-M. Colston @ IND

3-D. Branch home TB

4-C. Johnson @ OAK

5-J. Cotchery home NE

My league requires 3 starting wideouts. Colston and Branch have decent matchups. But Evans will be facing Denvers secondary and Johnson gets the Raiders. I know the Raiders are good on D but they dont have Bailey and Bly. Johnson seems like he could come out of the gates quickly after a so so preseason where he was consistant but not spectatcular. But I'm having trouble swallowing the idea of benching my #1 WR week one. Do your best to pursuade me folks! Your input will be appreciated..

Many ways to look at this one, so I will try to answer with a real world example of why you need to start Evans:

2 years ago I drafted Fitzgerald as my 2nd WR and based on a matchup that day - Warner's first day back in Giants stadium against a solid Giants D - I decided to bench him. 13 catches for 155 yards and 1 TD later I lost the game, learned a valuable lesson AND months later suffered a consequence of this move -- i lost a tiebreaker to decide last playoff team that I would have won had I...you guessed it, started my Stud.

Bottom Line: You didn't draft him to sit; Lee Evans is a player in this league.

Edited by suburban_pimp

Many ways to look at this one, so I will try to answer with a real world example of why you need to start Evans:

2 years ago I drafted Fitzgerald as my 2nd WR and based on a matchup that day - Warner's first day back in Giants stadium against a solid Giants D - I decided to bench him. 13 catches for 155 yards and 1 TD later I lost the game, learned a valuable lesson AND months later suffered a consequence of this move -- i lost a tiebreaker to decide last playoff team that I would have won had I...you guessed it, started my Stud.

Bottom Line: You didn't draft him to sit; Lee Evans is a player in this league.

Its such a tough decision. I usually go with the "always start your starters" mantra..but this one is so very hard.

Its such a tough decision. I usually go with the "always start your starters" mantra..but this one is so very hard.

Well the Bills are probably gonna be playing from behind, so who else is Losman gonna throw to? Losman and Evans are establishing a strong connection, so even though he's going up against the Denver secondary, you have to start Lee.

Fantasy football is tough enough without thinking about stuff like this....................Dance with who brought ya, my man. Lee Evans should play, this is easy. Think of how many times he got late garbage scores last year. Buffalo should be trailing all day in this one and will be airing it out. The only thing with Evans is his September numbers, he is a notorious slow starter who pays off huge dividends in December(has a TD in every December start of career).

Your three studs are real studs -- gotta go with Chad, Colston, and Evans. Branch is a big step down from any of those guys, the Seahawks might not NEED to throw to win anyway.

Well, the problem with that is my guy is Calvin Johnson. Not Chad. But thanks for replying anyway.