[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Advice

averagejoe

Okay gurus out there...drafting 9th in a 12 team PPR league. Most owners (7 or 8) are pretty savvy so I don't expect too many stupid mistakes, at least early on. Scoring is below...

Passing Yards (20 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (4)

Interceptions (-1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 3 points at 125 yards)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Just got my draft position tonight, so have to cram a bit. Looking for any advice from those who've already drafted. Any players slipping to the 9th I should look for? Anyone to avoid that would otherwise be tempting in that slot? Rounds/players I should target to make up some ground on those owners with better draft slots?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Certainly you should go RB/WR/RB if you can get away with it. Good running backs are deeper than good WRs this year, if you consider how many of each position a team will take.

I drafted 9th this year in a 12 man team that is PPR as well. I went for Rudi Johnson, Steve Smith, Phillip Rivers (some idiot started a QB run way too early and he was the best choice left), then Thomas Jones as my first 4.

Oh yeah, and even if you are tempted by Manning, don't do it. It will put you behind at both RB and WR without a stud in either position, because you will HAVE to take a RB in round 2 if you want a good one, and the tier 2 WRs left in round 3 won't hold your team up.

Edited by Medal of Honor

Certainly you should go RB/WR/RB if you can get away with it. Good running backs are deeper than good WRs this year, if you consider how many of each position a team will take.

I drafted 9th this year in a 12 man team that is PPR as well. I went for Rudi Johnson, Steve Smith, Phillip Rivers (some idiot started a QB run way too early and he was the best choice left), then Thomas Jones as my first 4.

Oh yeah, and even if you are tempted by Manning, don't do it. It will put you behind at both RB and WR without a stud in either position, because you will HAVE to take a RB in round 2 if you want a good one, and the tier 2 WRs left in round 3 won't hold your team up.

yeah, won't do the manning thing. will wait on a qb as well. probably take rbs and wrs for the forst 5 rounds unless something spetacular falls to me.