[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Torry Holt for Colston and Kevin Jones

mulehead

An owner proposed this trade to me. Scoring is 1 point for every 25 yards rushing/receiving with 6 points for TD's. Combine WR and TE in this league.

RB - SJax, Lynch, Tater, Jordan, Morency, Brown (Not thrilled with my depth).

WR - Holt, TJ, Gates, Porter

Stories out about Holt's knee don't sound very promising, but he played with knee pain last year and did fairly well. My concern is that Holt's numbers really dropped off over the last half of the season and have steadily declined over the last 3 years. I'm not sure if this has to do with the knee, the injuries on the offensive line, or Jackson getting more consistent. He is still a top tier WR, although in the bottom of the top tier, and making this trade would cause me to switch a top tier WR for a tier 2 WR, but would help with my RB depth. I'm also a little worried that Colston will start to see more coverage this year and hit that dreaded sophomore slump. Based on my scoring system, I do not believe the drop down to Colston would be that severe, but I've been having a lot of trouble making this decision.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Soooo ... If you drafted again and Holt was the only "top tier" WR left and Colston was still available, which would you take?

This a tough call on the trade ... I'm looking at projections that have a healthy Holt at 11.3 points per game and Colston at 9.7 ... so, you give up half a field goal a week in the starting lineup to add KJones to your roster for depth... gambling that Holt's knee/career isn't on the rebound and that KJones foot/career IS on the rebound. :D I will likely duck Holt in my draft today, but in truth for this question here, the best I can do is :wacko:

:D Ask easier questions!! :wacko:

Soooo ... If you drafted again and Holt was the only "top tier" WR left and Colston was still available, which would you take?

This a tough call on the trade ... I'm looking at projections that have a healthy Holt at 11.3 points per game and Colston at 9.7 ... so, you give up half a field goal a week in the starting lineup to add KJones to your roster for depth... gambling that Holt's knee/career isn't on the rebound and that KJones foot/career IS on the rebound. :D I will likely duck Holt in my draft today, but in truth for this question here, the best I can do is :wacko:

:wacko: Ask easier questions!! :wacko:

Then again, if Holt ends up being only 86% of his projected healthy self, he'd equal Colston ... and you'd get KJ for "free" ... he works in your bye weeks ... Hmmmm ... :D

Then again, if Holt ends up being only 86% of his projected healthy self, he'd equal Colston ... and you'd get KJ for "free" ... he works in your bye weeks ... Hmmmm ... :D

Hey Donutrun,

If this was an easier question, I would have been able to figure it out! :D

It's a tough one!