[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Kenton Keith remain #2 RB in Indy?

MERLINS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the Colts are checking the waiver wire.

I'm still not sure what happened with Dorsey. He got a Super Bowl ring, and was pretty much handed the #2 job, but he looked like crap in the pre-season. So either the Colts were wrong, or he didn't think he had to try very hard.

Keith has played well in the CFL for a few years now, and looked decent in camp. I'm just surprised Dorsey didn't get the #3 spot. Somebody named Luke Lawton did.

IND had damn well better hope that Addai can hold up for 400 touches this year.

Good luck with that one...

He's not going to get anywhere near 400 carries. Whoever ends up at the #2 spot will spell Addai at times, and will beat least somewhat effective in that offense. Raiders fans are now discovering that just about any mediocre backup halfback can shine in Indy's offense. Polian and Dungy are also not hesitant to put young, relatively inexperienced players on the field.

I'm sure the Colts are checking the waiver wire.

I'm still not sure what happened with Dorsey. He got a Super Bowl ring, and was pretty much handed the #2 job, but he looked like crap in the pre-season. So either the Colts were wrong, or he didn't think he had to try very hard.

Keith has played well in the CFL for a few years now, and looked decent in camp. I'm just surprised Dorsey didn't get the #3 spot. Somebody named Luke Lawton did.

:D why?

He's not going to get anywhere near 400 carries.

I didn't say 400 carries. I said 400 touches. And if he can't handle that, IND is in bad trouble. A poor D and a poor running game add up to mediocrity at best in the NFL, even with the Great Peyton Manning at QB.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I didn't say 400 carries. I said 400 touches. And if he can't handle that, IND is in bad trouble. A poor D and a poor running game add up to mediocrity at best in the NFL, even with the Great Peyton Manning at QB.

Again, Colts don't need a stud at halfback to be able to run the ball successfully. Look at what Rhodes did in '01.

On the other hand, their DEFENSIVE concerns are very legitimate.

Yeah, they've never been able to win with guys like Ricky Williams, James Mungro, or Dom Rhodes.

wait. . .

I swear BB, you don't have a clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Colts. Have you even seen Keith play? You barely know the Broncos. Give it a rest.

Edited by CaptainHook

Yeah, they've never been able to win with guys like Ricky Williams, James Mungro, or Dom Rhodes.

wait. . .

I swear BB, you don't have a clue what you are talking about when it comes to the Colts. Have you even seen Keith play? You barely know the Broncos. Give it a rest.

Man, it sure gets under your skin when someone has the temerity to critique your beloved Colts, doesn't it?

So, why don't you tell us why a guy who has spent 6 years in the CFL and washed out with the Jets a few years ago, not even making the final roster - a guy who has exactly 0 regular season NFL carries despite being a pro player for 6 years - is suddenly going to turn into a credible NFL RB.

I'll wait...

I guess I am not the only one confused of this situation.

+1 ... one would have though Dorsey could have locked down that #2 spot given his familiarity with the offense. Dungy and staff weren't gonna put up with anything less than perfection after their Super Bowl season so I guess they clamped down. I don't think Keith holds the #2 spot. Perhaps this will be a wake-up call for Dorsey, perhaps the Colts will be active in scouring the waiver wire.

Man, it sure gets under your skin when someone has the temerity to critique your beloved Colts, doesn't it?

So, why don't you tell us why a guy who has spent 6 years in the CFL and washed out with the Jets a few years ago, not even making the final roster - a guy who has exactly 0 regular season NFL carries despite being a pro player for 6 years - is suddenly going to turn into a credible NFL RB.

I'll wait...

No, it's just that you continually spout bad information about them. You act like you know what you are talking about, but you really don't. You called Addai a bust last year before he'd even played a down. You saw one pre-season game and decided Tony Ugoh sucked (despite the fact he didn't give up a sack). You say the Colts have a bad run defense, but they have made a lot of changes since last year. Two new, more pyhsical corners, a new linebacker who is better against the run, and Bob Sanders is healthy. They will not be the '85 Bears, but they will not be 32nd in the league against the run.

I'll ask again. Have YOU seen Keith play?

Edited by CaptainHook

No, it's just that you continually spout bad information about them. You act like you know what you are talking about, but you really don't.

Unless you're a staunch CFL follower, no one's seen him play pro football for real. So the answer is no, I haven't seen him play.

Why don't you tell us why he's a credible NFL RB when 31 other teams don't seem to think so and haven't thought so for the 6 years he's been out of college ball (32, actually, until this year).

the answer is no, I haven't seen him play.

That's what I thought.

Why don't you tell us why he's a credible NFL RB when 31 other teams don't seem to think so and haven't thought so for the 6 years he's been out of college ball (32, actually, until this year).

Because Dom Rhodes (undrafted), James Mungro (undrafted), and Ricky Williams (undrafted) have all been able to produce in the Colts system when called upon to do so. And I've watched Keith play in the pre-season. He's done well.

Edited by CaptainHook

Because Dom Rhodes, James Mungro, and Ricky Williams have all been able to produce in the Colts system when called upon to do so. And I've watched Keith play in the pre-season. He's done well.

And that's assuming that Addai is going to get hurt and they're going to need to use Keith heavily. Given that Addai played all 16 games last year (leading all rookies in rushing) plus another four in the post-season (leading his team in receptions) with 364 total touches, it's kind of silly to assume that Addai won't make it through the season as a featured back.

Edited by Bill Swerski

You called Addai a bust last year before he'd even played a down.

I said he had a higher probability to be a bust than the other 4 top RBs taken in the draft other than White. There's a difference, even though you don't want to make that distinction since it isn't as fun for you. Addai still hasn't proven (or disproven) that he can carry a full time load. He has proven he's a NFL talent.

You saw one pre-season game and decided Tony Ugoh sucked.

I saw Ugoh play in college & said he was slow and played by overpowering people at that level rather than learning some technique and moving his feet (which I doubt he's capable of doing well). His play in the preseason only reinforced that he's beatable, and Manning is going to find that out the hard way (like he already has). SD clearly has shown what happens to Manning's effectiveness when he's under heavy pressure.

You say the Colts have a bad run defense, but they have made a lot of changes since last year. Two new, more pyhsical corners, a new linebacker who is better against the run, and Bob Sanders is healthy. They will not be the '85 Bears, but they will not be 32nd in the league against the run.

IND is worse this year than they were last year when they were 32nd against the run. They may creep out of the bottom 3/4 run Ds, but that could easily be a factor of other teams getting worse rather than them getting better.

Asked and answered, your Honor. Have YOU actually seen him play against anything other than future short order cooks and/or Canadian poofs?

I said he had a higher probability to be a bust than the other 4 top RBs taken in the draft other than White. There's a difference, even though you don't want to make that distinction since it isn't as fun for you. Addai still hasn't proven (or disproven) that he can carry a full time load. He has proven he's a NFL talent.

no, that's not what you said, and there is even a thread floating around from the last week where someone bumped what you said last year. You were wrong.

I saw Ugoh play in college & said he was slow and played by overpowering people at that level rather than learning some technique and moving his feet (which I doubt he's capable of doing well). His play in the preseason only reinforced that he's beatable, and Manning is going to find that out the hard way (like he already has). SD clearly has shown what happens to Manning's effectiveness when he's under heavy pressure.

Well, the Colts offense has performed just fine with Ugoh in the preseason. And Howard Mudd, who is one of the best offensive line coaches in the league, is gonna let him start. That's good enough for me. Has he got learning to do? Yep. But the Colts have done well with replacements in at LT before, a sixth rounder at that.

Holy crap, guys! I'd swear that you think the Colts couldn't be beaten by a team composed of the best players of the other 31 teams combined.

It's okay to admit that your favorite team has flaws - in fact, it gives your opinion some credibility. There's nothing wrong with admitting that after Addai, IND has a huge hole in the backfield, instead of trying to take a position that a turd like Keith is actually a decent NFL player all of a sudden after 6 years of being utterly flushable.

IND is worse this year than they were last year when they were 32nd against the run. They may creep out of the bottom 3/4 run Ds, but that could easily be a factor of other teams getting worse rather than them getting better.

You are wrong about this too.

Holy crap, guys! I'd swear that you think the Colts couldn't be beaten by a team composed of the best players of the other 31 teams combined.

It's okay to admit that your favorite team has flaws - in fact, it gives your opinion some credibility. There's nothing wrong with admitting that after Addai, IND has a huge hole in the backfield, instead of trying to take a position that a turd like Keith is actually a decent NFL player all of a sudden after 6 years of being utterly flushable.

Didn't say they didn't have flaws. Do a search, you'll find plenty of posts with me wondering about certain positions for the Colts. Just responding to your "doom and gloom" about what will happen if Addai gets injured. You act as if they will be horrible. They won't. I never said Keith would be a stud, dumbass. Reading comprehension. Try it.

Edited by CaptainHook