[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st ever fantasy football league (or HELP I'M CLUELESS!)

Atomic Snave

Hi everyone, to begin I'd like to wish you all good luck with your fantasy leagues. I have no experience with football, and subsequently I have no football knowledge. I am pretty sure that this spells doom for my first season of fantasy football. I am hoping that some of you fine folks will be able to assist me this year. This is my second year watching football, and my first year participating in Fantasy football on Yahoo so I feel like I am at a great disadvantage. Below I have posted my team. Due to thunderstorms and internet connection difficulties I was unable to participate in our live draft, so this is what I was dealt.

Week 1 Starters

QB - Brett Favre - GB

WR - Torry Holt - StL

WR - Javon Walker - Den

WR - Plaxico Burress - NYG

RB - Steven Jackson - StL

RB - Ronnie Brown - MIA

TE - Chris Cooley - WAS

K - Josh Scobee - Jac

DEF - Seattle

Bench

RB - Chester Taylor - Min

WR - Greg Jennings - GB

QB - J.P. Losman - Buf

WR - Brandon Marshall - Den

TE - Bo Scaife - Ten

RB - Leon Washington - NYJ

RB - Michael Pittman - TB

DEF - Green Bay

So that's what I have. Can you guys give me an idea of how you would rate my team? Should I make any changes to week 1? Should I use Losman over Favre?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi everyone, to begin I'd like to wish you all good luck with your fantasy leagues. I have no experience with football, and subsequently I have no football knowledge. I am pretty sure that this spells doom for my first season of fantasy football. I am hoping that some of you fine folks will be able to assist me this year. This is my second year watching football, and my first year participating in Fantasy football on Yahoo so I feel like I am at a great disadvantage. Below I have posted my team. Due to thunderstorms and internet connection difficulties I was unable to participate in our live draft, so this is what I was dealt.

Week 1 Starters

QB - Brett Favre - GB

WR - Torry Holt - StL

WR - Javon Walker - Den

WR - Plaxico Burress - NYG

RB - Steven Jackson - StL

RB - Ronnie Brown - MIA

TE - Chris Cooley - WAS

K - Josh Scobee - Jac

DEF - Seattle

Bench

RB - Chester Taylor - Min

WR - Greg Jennings - GB

QB - J.P. Losman - Buf

WR - Brandon Marshall - Den

TE - Bo Scaife - Ten

RB - Leon Washington - NYJ

RB - Michael Pittman - TB

DEF - Green Bay

So that's what I have. Can you guys give me an idea of how you would rate my team? Should I make any changes to week 1? Should I use Losman over Favre?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Not a bad team to start with, man. You have a mighty valuable back on your team for an absentee! LOL. The week one line up looks pretty good. although I would swap Ronnie Brown for Chester Taylor. I thinj Chester's match up is better. also, I would try to find a rb to replace pittman...tj duckett is available on a lot of wws and fas, just a suggestion.

Not a bad team to start with, man. You have a mighty valuable back on your team for an absentee! LOL. The week one line up looks pretty good. although I would swap Ronnie Brown for Chester Taylor. I thinj Chester's match up is better. also, I would try to find a rb to replace pittman...tj duckett is available on a lot of wws and fas, just a suggestion.

I also would go Taylor over Brown

Thanks for the input gentleman. I was able to replace Pittman with Duckett and I also swapped Brown for Taylor. As an aside, I can see that this fantasy football league is going to change the way I watch football in a major way. Generally I watch a handful of teams that I like, with emphasis on any Steelers games that are broadcast here... but now... I feel I have a vested interest in "my guys". I appreciate your quick responses and I look forward to hanging out here and learning a lot more.

Thanks for the input gentleman. I was able to replace Pittman with Duckett and I also swapped Brown for Taylor. As an aside, I can see that this fantasy football league is going to change the way I watch football in a major way. Generally I watch a handful of teams that I like, with emphasis on any Steelers games that are broadcast here... but now... I feel I have a vested interest in "my guys". I appreciate your quick responses and I look forward to hanging out here and learning a lot more.

np. That is the beauty of fantasy football. it will turn you from a Steelers fan to a FOOTBALL fan in a matter of weeks. you become a student of the game. You still love the Steelers more than any other team, but you LOVE football in general more than ever.

The benefits are the articles written by guys who know a ton about fantasy football. Each week you will get projections on each player as well as injury reports and a start/bench list. And that's only a few articles. It is well worth the $20 investment especially when you are a rookie to fantasy football.

As for your team, you got a nice team considering you didn't draft. Start Taylor and Jackson.