[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Who: AtomicCEO

What: IT Manager, Technical Project Lead, Crimefighter

When: 30

Where: Near Boulder, CO

Why: I've been looking some merging of my hobbies: ogling sweaty spandex-clad men, and the statistical and probability skills of Dungeons and Dragons... for a long time... then I stumbled across fantasy football.

Fantasy Bio: When I was in my mid-20s, I was an up and coming executive in corporate America. I had my eyes on the top, and I didn't care who I stepped on on my way there. I broke any law, ignored any ethics, and destroyed the environment to get what I wanted.

Then one day, a horrible accident with toxic waste put an end to my rise to power and sent me underground. In my hiding, I learned the error of my ways. Now, I fight corporate crime and my old corporate bosses with a vast array of mutant powers under the guise of AtomicCEO!

bump ... just because it's Friday and I'm bored  ::D

Let's see if there's anyone new out there to abuse  :D

805401[/snapback]

Hmmm?... I don't wanna be abused, and although I'm new to this particular board, I've known David Dorey, Joe Bryant, Mike Nazarek, Mike Nease, Chris Rito, John Holler, and quite a few other top dogs for about 12 years.

:D

You can learn who I am best by using this link.

http://www.geocities.com/boosbandits/index.html

I'm a hard nosed, keeper league, fantasy football player.

Hmmm?... I don't wanna be abused, and although I'm new to this particular board, I've known David Dorey, Joe Bryant, Mike Nazarek, Mike Nease, Chris Rito, John Holler, and quite a few other top dogs for about 12 years.

805623[/snapback]

I've got a canteloupe named Ann Coulter. Whenever my wife lets meout of the basement I have face sex with Ann.

Who: AtomicCEO

What: IT Manager, Technical Project Lead, Crimefighter

When: 30

Where: Near Boulder, CO

Why: I've been looking some merging of my hobbies: ogling sweaty spandex-clad men, and the statistical and probability skills of Dungeons and Dragons... for a long time... then I stumbled across fantasy football.

Fantasy Bio:  When I was in my mid-20s, I was an up and coming executive in corporate America.  I had my eyes on the top, and I didn't care who I stepped on on my way there.  I broke any law, ignored any ethics, and destroyed the environment to get what I wanted. 

Then one day, a horrible accident with toxic waste put an end to my rise to power and sent me underground.  In my hiding, I learned the error of my ways.  Now, I fight corporate crime and my old corporate bosses with a vast array of mutant powers under the guise of AtomicCEO!

805597[/snapback]

He's also very shy, tragically so. Once he was on fire, but he was to shy to ask for water. Now he is hideous and deformed.

Edited by Puddy

805623[/snapback]

i know elvis, santa and a few russian scientist and im always an the lookout for bumbles... are you one??? :D

Ok, so I'm a semi-newbie. I was around here some last year, probably did more lurking than posting...

WHO: Bring Back Pat!!! (Old-School Patriots logo. Used to be the avatar, but when you find confirmation of what Simpson's fans have long suspected, you gotta go with it) Life-long Pats fan, also a Skins fan.

WHAT: Kitchen Designer by, well....I get paid for doing it, but always seem to have FF on the brain.

WHEN: Soon to be 29

WHERE: Manch-Vegas, NH. Cause when the lights go down, the freaks come out.

WHY: As if any of us can answer that!! Cause I'm a slow white guy that can't play the game. Cause I don't have enough money to buy a real franchise. Cause I can't inagine watching football on Sunday's without it. But most of all, because I'm addicted.

BIO: Play two locals, one a dynasty entering year 16, the other a re-draft I'm playing for the 2nd. Play three leagues at ESPN, re-drafts, for between 2-4 years each. And any other leagues that come around....

:brew:' alt='default_beerchug.gif' alt=':brew:'>'> :( KINDA NEW. WAS A MEMBER TOOK A YEAR OFF NOW BACK .

WHO: BEERMAN

WHAT : SERVICE REP FOR A BUDWEISER DIST. I LOVE BEER

WHEN: 31

WHERE : GLEN BURNIE MD. LONG TIME EAGLES FAN

WHY:LOVE FF ITS THE BEST THING ON EARTH.

BIO: BEEN IN SAME REDRAFT LEAGUE FOR 7 YEARS STILL LOOKING FOR FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP. ALWAYS HAVE GREAT DRAFT BUT ALWAYS START THE WRONG PLAYERS EACH WEEK .

IF I DID NOT HAVE BAD LUCK ID HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL

:D' alt='default_biggrin.png' alt=':D'>'> :D KINDA NEW. WAS A MEMBER  TOOK A YEAR OFF NOW BACK .

WHO: BEERMAN

WHAT : SERVICE REP FOR A BUDWEISER DIST. I LOVE BEER

WHEN: 31

WHERE : GLEN BURNIE MD. LONG TIME EAGLES FAN

WHY:LOVE FF ITS THE BEST THING ON EARTH.

BIO: BEEN IN SAME REDRAFT LEAGUE FOR 7 YEARS STILL LOOKING FOR FIRST CHAMPIONSHIP. ALWAYS HAVE GREAT DRAFT BUT ALWAYS START THE WRONG PLAYERS EACH WEEK .

805983[/snapback]

Here's hoping that by post 10 you figure out graemlins, Caps-lock, and siglines... or it's gonna be a long time before you lose that newbie moniker. :D

Who: SGEVike: Guess. I was the guy who blew the 98 playoff game for the Vikes on Jan 17 1999 when I proposed to my wife during the 3rd quarter on the big board at the d@mn game.

What: Senior IT Consultant and Beer golfer previous a Sr Sys Admin with a Health System in Fargo

Who: cap'n grunge - bleeder of purple, enemy of cheeseheads

Where: Phoenix, land of the eternal sun, via God's country: Fargo, ND via Grand Forks, ND via NW Minnesota. (No, not everybody in that neck of the woods talks or acts like the movie Fargo, which would have been more aptly titled, Wisconsin  brow  )

35958[/snapback]

Where: Ya you know that place Fargo and no noone talks that funny 'eh ... Lived there 30 some years there now in Minneapolis or Valhalla.

When: 34 I think just know my kids make me feel old.

Why: Football is the only 12 month sport right?

BIO: Well the one year I was in a BOTH Corleone Family league I won it. Thanks to a draft day trade that is. Otherwise I been doing FF for 9 or 10 years in and out of 6 leagues with 1 being my keeper league of 8 years. Season tickets to the Vikes and yes I lease 2 of them off to a Slacker fan. He was depressed this season for some reason.

Edited by SGE_VIKE

Guest Sores
I've got a canteloupe named Ann Coulter.  Whenever my wife lets meout of the basement I have face sex with Ann.

805702[/snapback]

THAT is funny. :D

805623[/snapback]

So what are you saying? If you knew DMD, etc....by throwing their names around makes you a seasoned pro in The Huddle? I have to admit that getting to see their articles, analysis and expertise has helped me and I've been around (in The Huddle) for almost 3 years.....Why are you a newbie if you've known where, how and why the Huddlers you mention have been doing for quite a few years now....

Excuse me---"DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?????" You're not David Dorey or any of the others...do you know Michael Jackson too=:D

Geesh!! Goober Smoochers are welcome here too--otherwise after 12 years why else would you be here???? :D

805623[/snapback]

Are you Jeff Gannon? He knows them too--in a business sense.

Ok, so I'm a semi-newbie. I was around here some last year, probably did more lurking than posting...

also a Skins fan.

805960[/snapback]

Hi.

:shy:

I am the referee

Im from wherever there is justice and message board harmony.

My goal is to Josh Gordon out the plagues of message board discontent.

I have no favorite team

I have no significant other

I have no other purpose.

If you try me I will find you,,and I will flag you..

Who: The Captain’s Wench

What: Secretary by day, seamstress by night

When: 28

Where: grew up in Pittsburgh

Why: Well, I was lurking for a while, reading all the posts – you guys (and gals) are darn funny and quite intelligent. I figured it was time I jumped in and subject myself to some abuse.

Fantasy Bio: I started FF about 7 years ago and in my second year I was doing the stats for the league. Now, with the online programs, no sense in someone crunching the numbers, I just participate and help run the league.

Who: The Captain’s Wench

What: Secretary by day, seamstress by night

When: 28

Where: grew up in Pittsburgh

Why: Well, I was lurking for a while, reading all the posts – you guys (and gals) are darn funny and quite intelligent.  I figured it was time I jumped in and subject myself to some abuse.

Fantasy Bio: I started FF about 7 years ago and in my second year I was doing the stats for the league.  Now, with the online programs, no sense in someone crunching the numbers, I just participate and help run the league.

807069[/snapback]

Wow, likes football and Jack Johnson. I think I'm in love.

Good to meet another football fanatic Jack Johnson fan.  I haven’t seen him live yet, but I love his music.

807097[/snapback]

August 3rd in big D. It's my 34th birthday present. :D He'll be in Philly on September 10th about as close as he'll get to yer neck of the woods. Of course if my wife doesn't get her $hit together soon, I'll have an extra ticket for the Dallas show.

Wow, likes football and Jack Johnson.  I think I'm in love.

807078[/snapback]

me 2 :D

I was reading a book

Or maybe it was a magazine

Suggestions on where to place faith

Suggestions on what to believe

But I read somewhere

That you've got to beware

You can't believe anything you read

But the good Book is good

And it's all understood

So don't even question

If you know what I mean

8/27/05

River's Edge

Somerset, Wisconsin

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

Good to meet another football fanatic Jack Johnson fan.  I haven’t seen him live yet, but I love his music.

807097[/snapback]

I went to school w/ Jack and used to see him play small venue - I'm talkin' backyard - gigs a few times a month. Never really knew he'd blow up like this. :D