[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Starting to see a lot of new faces around here already, just wondering who, what, when, where & why you are. Somebody does this sort of thing every season, figured I'd jump the gun. First word of warning, never take ANYTHING seriously here. Any Vets wanna put theirs in they are more than welcome as well.

Example:

Who: rajncajn, your friendly neighborhood Saints fan

What: Program Analyst by day, SuperHuddler by night. Saints fan always & forever.

When: 31 yrs of age. Although Blitz thinks I'm around 50 or so.

Where: Hail from the Missippi Gulf Coast.

Why: Cuz I'm a fanatic, just like everyone else here.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 7 yrs, been a Huddler for 6. Been on the boards for 5. Didn't take me long to figure out this is the best **** FF site on the net. I'm in 4 leagues now (this is beginning to read like an AA meeting) 1 local 12 team keeper and 3 BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) leagues, one a 16 team dynasty another a 32 team modified redraft, and last but definately least, a 12 team survivor league.

WHO: Redzone Rowdie, Big time Colts Fan!

WHAT: Facilities Management

WHEN: 47 years old, Wow...that's hard to believe!

WHERE: Floyds Knobs, Indiana...Across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky.

WHY: Because I've been addicted for almost 20 years now, and have no intention of seeking help!

FANTASY BIO: My older brother ( who still plays very well I might add)...got me addicted in 1988, my first team ever had ...Barry Sanders, Joe Montana, and Mark Bavaro! ha! Thinking back to when we had to wait for the Sunday paper box scores to come out, tabulate all scores by hand, type them out on a typewriter, and snail mail them with the US postal service to all league members! :D Man how times have changed! Currently in 3 leagues, 2 listed below, and one just for fun on Yahoo. My first season as a member of the huddle ( not yet worthy to call myself a "huddler"), looking forward to having you guys teach this old dog some new tricks!

Who: Drafter; Born and bred Packer fan, and root for any opponent of the Vike-queens.

What: U.S. Air Force. 18 years down, 2 to go...............

When: 36. Feel like 80. Too many tours to dry and dusty places.

Where: Currently Fayetteville NC, heading back to sunny Florida before the kickoff of the 06 season. (yea! Back to the central time zone!)

Why: Love to take advantage of not so fantasy savvy owners.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing since 1996 - Commish for 2 $$ leagues, same owners for 10 years now. My pathetic teams always quit superbowl weekend, and have only won the holy grail 3 times in 10 years between the 2 leagues.

• 2 weeks later...

WHO: Roustabout, been going to Bronco games since I learned to walk

WHAT: Government Functionary

WHEN: 37

WHERE: The Mile High City

WHY: Because it's fun.

FANTASY BIO: I've been playing since 2000 and I've been here at The Huddle since 2002 (contrary to the date to the left--email address change reset me I think). Clearly, I've been more of a lurker than a poster. My main league is with some buddies from high school. I usually do a yahoo league or two as well. Anyway, figured it was high time I officially introduce myself.

• 9 months later...

WHO: uberfootball

WHAT: Structural Steel Estimator

WHEN: 26.

WHERE: Salt Lake City, Utah

WHY: I love football and it is better to the online game I was addicted to.

FANTASY BIO: Last year was my first year playing fantasy football. Won the regular season lost in semi's in the playoffs. I have been lurking around the site for awhile and wanted to expand my FF knowledge. Going to be the commissioner of my works league this year.

Who: Yip Cabbage

What: local truck driver for National Foodservice

When: 36 and counting

Where: Harrisburg, PA

Why: Too old physically to play but too young at heart not to.

Fantasy Bio: Not too impressive. Got hooked 9 yrs ago when local newspaper ran a free league. Over 6,000 entries and somehow I finished 3rd (thanks to a last minute M.Faulk substitution). Won 500 biggins. Figured if I could do that, a 12-man league should be a walk in the park (LOL!!!) Anyway. from that point on I was hooked. Currently 3 re-draft leagues(co-commish in one league) and joining new keeper (35 man roster w/ IDPs) this year.

Made a few superbowls but no Lombardi trophy.......yet!

Who: Yip Cabbage

What: local truck driver for National Foodservice

When: 36 and counting

Where: Harrisburg, PA

Why: Too old physically to play but too young at heart not to.

Fantasy Bio: Not too impressive. Got hooked 9 yrs ago when local newspaper ran a free league. Over 6,000 entries and somehow I finished 3rd (thanks to a last minute M.Faulk substitution). Won 500 biggins. Figured if I could do that, a 12-man league should be a walk in the park (LOL!!!) Anyway. from that point on I was hooked. Currently 3 re-draft leagues(co-commish in one league) and joining new keeper (35 man roster w/ IDPs) this year.

Made a few superbowls but no Lombardi trophy.......yet!

:D As in Cheezhed.

WHO: Sugar Magnolia-NEWBIE

WHAT: Retired-owned a sales rep agency-sold mountaineering equip and owned a small mfg. co. Currently, mostly retired but train dogs for extra spending money.

WHEN: 49 yrs old. Been a Huddler for two years and joined the message board last Aug.

WHERE: born in Cincinnati, moved to No. Cal after college, and moved to Bend, OR to retire.

WHY: saw my hubby gazing over the computer and asked what he was doing. He briefed me on FF and saw he was in last place. I sarcastically told him I could do better-he got up and left the computer screen and said the team is yours.

FANTASY BIO: Finished the season with hubby's team 4-2 in 2001 and then won the league the following year. Finished second twice in this league. I'm in three real leagues, and commish one and co-commish another. I do have to admit to get my fix, I play in one or two public leagues just so I can play reckless for free. I conjure up crazy trades, pick up long shots on the WW just to see what happens. The three real leagues are very competitive. I had a horrible season last year finishing one game out of the playoffs in all three leagues.

Who: Bigchief

What: HS teacher/coach-girls basketball

When: 34 yrs old, 2 kids 8 and 5 girls, 1 wife

Where: Oklahoma

Why: love to bet and watch football

Fantasy Bio: starting 15th year in same league Stabbin Cabin League. Most of the same guys have been in it all 15 years. ONly one championship. that was in 98. I am due for another.

Who: Bigchief :D

What: HS teacher/coach-girls basketball

When: 34 yrs old, 2 kids 8 and 5 girls, 1 wife :D

Where: Oklahoma

Why: love to bet and watch football

Fantasy Bio: starting 15th year in same league Stabbin Cabin League. Most of the same guys have been in it all 15 years. ONly one championship. that was in 98. I am due for another.

Who: Belushi

What: 33 yr old Accountant/Packer's fan

Where: Toronto, Canada

Why: Winnings help pay for the cost of Sunday Ticket

Bio: Playing fantasy football for about 8 years. Started with a simple snake draft with some friends. Now I'm in 2 1/2 leagues. Two big dynasty leagues (29 and 40 mand rosters), one of which I commish. The 1/2 league is a free yahoo league with some friends. It's really just for fun, so I don't count it.

Managed to win the championship last year in one of my dynasty leagues by a combined 3 points in the last 2 playoff games. I'm ashamed to admit it, but due to injuries I was forced to start Michael Pittman in the final game and he came up big for me in the win.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll play

who: SOCO - eagles fan

what: 33, service rep for ANHEUSER- BUSCH ( im the budman .old name by the way)

where: pasadena MD - I have 2 boys 7 and 4

why : love to play what else would I do. helps pay for TATTOOS and SOCO...

BIO : I have been on the huddle for 5 year but only started posting last year. I have been playing FF for 9 years in an 8 man league and love all the info that I get from you guys AND THE HUDDLE .. thanks :D

Edited by soco

Who: Chaz13, Redskins diehard

What: Financial Advisor

When: 31. But since age 29 I only celebrate anniversaries, no more birthdays. November 15th will be the 3 year anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Where: Wilkes-Barre PA

Why: I love football.

Bio: Started playing in 1994. This is our 14th season. Since first year have used IDP's and keepers. I'm the commissioner of my league and love it so much I will only play in one league. Sundays in the fall are heaven: watch the Redskins, follow fantasy w/ the Sunday ticket and online, play in the MVP challenge, Last Man Standing pools and a few bets also. What more can a NFL fan want? Have been accused by former girlfriends of liking football more than them. I could not confirm nor deny that; currently single. :D

Who: Chaz13, Redskins diehard

What: Financial Advisor

When: 31. But since age 29 I only celebrate anniversaries, no more birthdays. November 15th will be the 3 year anniversary of my 29th birthday.

Where: Wilkes-Barre PA

Why: I love football.

Bio: Started playing in 1994. This is our 14th season. Since first year have used IDP's and keepers. I'm the commissioner of my league and love it so much I will only play in one league. Sundays in the fall are heaven: watch the Redskins, follow fantasy w/ the Sunday ticket and online, play in the MVP challenge, Last Man Standing pools and a few bets also. What more can a NFL fan want? Have been accused by former girlfriends of liking football more than them. I could not confirm nor deny that; currently single. :D

:tup:

I like to say I'm twenty-fourteen instead of 34 (which I will be in a few weeks).

And wow, 14 years of a keeper IDP league? Awesome. Hope you enjoy The Huddle's ever-expanding IDP content. Please feel free to give your feedback. Thanks!

And welcome! :D

Who: Valhalla - 3rd generation Vikings fan. I actually have memories of snowy days at my grandfathers house as a young young child of him screaming at a black & white television cheering for the Vikes.

What: I work for the Minnesota Army National Guard. My unit has been deployed for almost 2 years, they're coming home soon!

When: I'm 32 years old

Where: I just bought a house (like less than a month ago) in a small town of 500 people. It's cozy and affordable! :D

Why: I've belonged to Draftsharks for a few years, and wanted a new perspective. Do you always buy the first thing you see? Smart people will "shop" for the best deal! :D

Fantasy Bio: I've been playing FF since 1997 when I joined a crapper auction league and I was hooked. I was GM of my own league for 3 years before joining a keeper league through some friends of the NG and have been in that one for about 6 years now (took one year off), where I've been league champion once (Thank you Tiki Barber!). I've dabbled in some Antsports leagues (although that will end this year), and joined two hometown league also. I get the "sickness" just before training camps every year, and need my fix! :tup:

Look forward to chatting with you all in the coming year.

Who: RamsFan

What: Computer Network Service Company Owner and Football Junkie!

When: 35 yrs old

Where: Little Rock, Arkansas

Why: Football Freak, of course... Just wish I had more time to get online & collaborate.

Fantasy Bio: Where to start....

• I started playing FF when I was about 12 years old through snail mail leagues, although I really did not fare too well in them (played 2 or 3 different season). :-)
  • I really started playing more consistently in the mid-90's on ESPN.com, CBS Sports Line, et al.
  • We had a local live draft league here with approx 10 teams that I commished for a few years.
  • FWIW, I won on ESPN a couple of times and the local league once. Generally made the playoffs each year.
  • I have not played at all over the past 4 years, so I am anxious to get back in the fold. I am playing in a couple of leagues this year, and plan to kick some major butt.
  • I have only been a huddler for a few months, but I actually was a member for one season back a few years ago, although my old account did not work as it had been dormant since! It is THE SHIZ when it comes to info, however!

Any more questions, just ask!

Who: RamsFan

What: Computer Network Service Company Owner and Football Junkie!

When: 35 yrs old

Where: Little Rock, Arkansas

Why: Football Freak, of course... Just wish I had more time to get online & collaborate.

Fantasy Bio: Where to start....

• I started playing FF when I was about 12 years old through snail mail leagues, although I really did not fare too well in them (played 2 or 3 different season). :-)

• I really started playing more consistently in the mid-90's on ESPN.com, CBS Sports Line, et al.

• We had a local live draft league here with approx 10 teams that I commished for a few years.

• FWIW, I won on ESPN a couple of times and the local league once. Generally made the playoffs each year.

• I have not played at all over the past 4 years, so I am anxious to get back in the fold. I am playing in a couple of leagues this year, and plan to kick some major butt.

• I have only been a huddler for a few months, but I actually was a member for one season back a few years ago, although my old account did not work as it had been dormant since! It is THE SHIZ when it comes to info, however!

Any more questions, just ask!

Taser in the pool or 1 round with my neighbor?

WHO: Maize N Blue Backer - Bleed Maize & Blue

WHAT: Financial Operations, Manager

WHEN: Think I have been with the huddle for 5-6 years now. Post every now and again. 34 and counting

WHERE: Michigan - New home, New baby (7 weeks), No sleep (just note time of this post)

WHY: FFL is truly an addiction

FANTASY BIO:

20 Team re-Draft league for past 10 years, Two-time champion including 2000 (Thank You Terrel Davis), 2006 (Thank you Steve Jackson, Manning and Gore). 4th year, Keeper League, Two time Champ and two time runner up 10 Team work league (5 years active), FFTOC dabblings as well

Edited by Maize N Blue Backer

WHO: Maize N Blue Backer - Bleed Maize & Blue

WHAT: Financial Operations, Manager

WHEN: Think I have been with the huddle for 5-6 years now. Post every now and again. 34 and counting

WHERE: Michigan - New home, New baby (7 weeks), No sleep (just note time of this post)

WHY: FFL is truly an addiction

FANTASY BIO:

20 Team re-Draft league for past 10 years, Two-time champion including 2000 (Thank You Terrel Davis), 2006 (Thank you Steve Jackson, Manning and Gore). 4th year, Keeper League, Two time Champ and two time runner up 10 Team work league (5 years active), FFTOC dabblings as well

Congrats on the new baby. Lots of that going on around here lately. :D

Who: Valhalla - 3rd generation Vikings fan. I actually have memories of snowy days at my grandfathers house as a young young child of him screaming at a black & white television cheering for the Vikes.

What: I work for the Minnesota Army National Guard. My unit has been deployed for almost 2 years, they're coming home soon!

When: I'm 32 years old

Where: I just bought a house (like less than a month ago) in a small town of 500 people. It's cozy and affordable! :D

Why: I've belonged to Draftsharks for a few years, and wanted a new perspective. Do you always buy the first thing you see? Smart people will "shop" for the best deal! :D

Fantasy Bio: I've been playing FF since 1997 when I joined a crapper auction league and I was hooked. I was GM of my own league for 3 years before joining a keeper league through some friends of the NG and have been in that one for about 6 years now (took one year off), where I've been league champion once (Thank you Tiki Barber!). I've dabbled in some Antsports leagues (although that will end this year), and joined two hometown league also. I get the "sickness" just before training camps every year, and need my fix! :tup:

Look forward to chatting with you all in the coming year.

great another newbie tool from the land of ice and snow , the midnight sun..... and ......

My name is AtomicCEO, and I'm a former sheepherder from the small Mediterranean Greek-like island of Mypos. I traveled to the United States in search of my relatives. I live with my high-strung cousin, Larry, in his big city apartment.

We could not be more different, but our very different outlooks on life lead to wild antics and hilarious hijinks. He introduced me to fantasy football even though I thought he was being ridiculous.