[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Hudson County. Got family in Bayonne and Jersey City. One of my brothers dates a girl from Hoboken. You from the area?

I was born and riased in North Bergen

I'll play.....

WHO: Bump N Run, Phin Homer......

WHAT: Senior office director for a Fortune 500 company.

WHEN: At this point, I keep subtracting a YR.....36 and lovin it.....

WHERE: South of the Big Bass Lake, in the middle of Hurricane Alley, Old home of the Spring Break Capital, North of the Boarder.....

WHY: Why not....being married with 2 kids...that says it all......Honestly, Football and FF fanatic....

BIO: Have been playing for about 7 years now, been involved with The Huddle ever since ( actually visted the site by chance), first yr on the boards, Have made the playoffs in my local 10 team money league for all those yrs but last yr. Still trying to win the BIG ONE...was really impressed by all the knowledge on here....well sometimes....and speaking of the Wiggles....seen them in concert twice.......

strange but i do not believe i posted on this

Who: isleseeya , born in Queens Ny , moved to Brooklyn when i got married now in Jackson , NJ since 2002

What: Vice President of Wastepaper and recycling company , based in Brick , NJ ( was asst vice president of shipping compant inManhattanfor 15 years ..got this new job past OCT ( and a lot of great advice from Huddle when i was thinking of making change ) ..now work 7 miles from home :D

When: 37 years old ...friggin handsome as ever

Where: in Jackson , NJ

Why: love this place ..addicted ..great people , funny , insightful , helpful ..and love football and FF

Fantasy Bio: playing 4 years , each year i add a league ...have won 2 major titles , finished in money every year

Glad i did this and i love all of you :wacko:

do hope to have a huddle gathering , barbq , some kind of event this summer at my home

Edited by isleseeya

strange but i do not believe i posted on this

Who: isleseeya , born in Queens Ny , moved to Brooklyn when i got married now in Jackson , NJ since 2002

What: Vice President of Wastepaper and recycling company , based in Brick , NJ ( was asst vice president of shipping compant inManhattanfor 15 years ..got this new job past OCT ( and a lot of great advice from Huddle when i was thinking of making change ) ..now work 7 miles from home :D

When: 37 years old ...friggin handsome as ever

Where: in Jackson , NJ

Why: love this place ..addicted ..great people , funny , insightful , helpful ..and love football and FF

Fantasy Bio: playing 4 years , each year i add a league ...have won 2 major titles , finished in money every year

Glad i did this and i love all of you :wacko:

do hope to have a huddle gathering , barbq , some kind of event this summer at my home

I like my updated info better BJ :brew:

• 2 months later...

I reckon I qualify as a newbie since I'm still trying to find my way around here and just received a 'welcome' from Rocknrobin26

Who: I'm Paul aka AF Retread. I'm a Steeler man and have been ever since the Baltimore Colts screwed Johnny Unitas. I favor Penn State since three of my youngsters graduated from there.

What: I'm double retired. First as an Enlisted Air Force Retiree with 26 years service and second as Production Controller at Cerro metal (brass) Products (18 yrs) in Bellfonte, Pa.

When: My bod says I am 65 while my mind thnks I am much younger. I have 3 Sons, 2 Daughters, 3 Grandsons, 1 granddaugher and 1 in the hanger.

Where: Born in Walter Reed Army hospital (DC), grew up near the center of Pennsylvania, jumped around the world a bit and finally settled in about the center of Pa again - Lewistown, Pa.

Why: I got roped and hooked. My son was commish of an 8 team league (now 12 team). He called me at work a bunch of years ago saying he had 7 in his league and wanted me to join so there would be an even number. I reminded him that if a player did not wear black and gold I'd have no idea who he was. He said that was no problem as I could pick up a fantasy football magazine on the way home and it would even rank the players for me. I finally gave in and asked when would the draft be - it would be that evening at 6pm - I had 3 hours to get ready for a new venture - drafting and fantasy football. I learned that it was not a good idea to get a kicker in the 5th round (Matt Stover - it happened to be his big year). i scored the most points that year (remember all but the defense) but ended with a 4-12 record as most everyone had their record week when they played me.

Fantasy Bio: Started about 10 years ago in an 8 team redraft that went to 10 and now 12 teams. Two years later in a number of Yahoo redraft league and stretched my efforts out to far and started to cut back. Presently I'm in 1 redraft league, 2 keeper leagues (Antsports and ESPN) and 4 dynasty leagues (MFL) - new guy remember. Won two championships, got beat up in several others and in the balance my trash talking was far superior to my team successes.

I reckon I qualify as a newbie since I'm still trying to find my way around here and just received a 'welcome' from Rocknrobin26

Who: I'm Paul aka AF Retread. I'm a Steeler man and have been ever since the Baltimore Colts screwed Johnny Unitas. I favor Penn State since three of my youngsters graduated from there.

What: I'm double retired. First as an Enlisted Air Force Retiree with 26 years service and second as Production Controller at Cerro metal (brass) Products (18 yrs) in Bellfonte, Pa.

When: My bod says I am 65 while my mind thnks I am much younger. I have 3 Sons, 2 Daughters, 3 Grandsons, 1 granddaugher and 1 in the hanger.

Where: Born in Walter Reed Army hospital (DC), grew up near the center of Pennsylvania, jumped around the world a bit and finally settled in about the center of Pa again - Lewistown, Pa.

Why: I got roped and hooked. My son was commish of an 8 team league (now 12 team). He called me at work a bunch of years ago saying he had 7 in his league and wanted me to join so there would be an even number. I reminded him that if a player did not wear black and gold I'd have no idea who he was. He said that was no problem as I could pick up a fantasy football magazine on the way home and it would even rank the players for me. I finally gave in and asked when would the draft be - it would be that evening at 6pm - I had 3 hours to get ready for a new venture - drafting and fantasy football. I learned that it was not a good idea to get a kicker in the 5th round (Matt Stover - it happened to be his big year). i scored the most points that year (remember all but the defense) but ended with a 4-12 record as most everyone had their record week when they played me.

Fantasy Bio: Started about 10 years ago in an 8 team redraft that went to 10 and now 12 teams. Two years later in a number of Yahoo redraft league and stretched my efforts out to far and started to cut back. Presently I'm in 1 redraft league, 2 keeper leagues (Antsports and ESPN) and 4 dynasty leagues (MFL) - new guy remember. Won two championships, got beat up in several others and in the balance my trash talking was far superior to my team successes.

Welcome aboard :wacko:

WHO: CKO KBox Joe (though my name's not Joe!)

WHAT: I mold young minds (hopefully well)

WHEN: In my 30's but feel younger

WHERE: Jersey, born and bred, but I'm about to move

WHY: I love football. Fantasy football is just another way to take part in my passion!

BIO: As you can see from my username, I'm a big kickboxing fan. I train at CKO Boxing in my hometown. I also enjoy spending time with my family (I'm married, with children). As for fantasy football, I have been at it for a long time (13 or 14 years). I don't see me slowing down! I also enjoy comic books and making people laugh!

Edited by CKO KBox Joe

WHY: I love football. Fantasy football is just another way to take part in my passion!

BIO: As you can see from my username, I'm a big kickboxing fan. I train at CKO Boxing in my hometown. I also enjoy spending time with my family (I'm married, with children). As for fantasy football, I have been at it for a long time (13 or 14 years). I don't see me slowing down! I also enjoy comic books and making people laugh!

Welcome gentlemen. I like spicy mustard on my ham sammiches.

Edited by Puddy

Welcome gentlemen. I like spicy mustard on my ham sammiches.

I'm more of a mayo guy but I can deal with mustard! :D

Hold the mustard, extra mayo.

Welcome AFR & CKO! :wacko:

Unbelievable.

Welcome aboard Paul! :wacko:

Welcome aboard CKO! :wacko:

Welcome Chap Boxed Joe-rish!