[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Who: Big Dogs (from the name of the beer drinkin Softball team I coach)

What: Business Development manager - Basically I build and sell telephones to the phone companies.

When: 35 - DINK, with two dogs

Where: Indianapolis for the last 10 years via Chicago, Topeka, and Gary, IN.

Why: After the first year, I was hooked!!! I play softball in the spring, summer, and fall, and FF the rest of the year.....Which drives my wife nuts!!! loco Plus the competition and the smack talk is a blast!!!

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 5 yrs, and have been Huddler for the last 4. First two seasons, I got my @#$% handed to me on a platter, the 3rd year, I joined the huddle, and won my first championship. Haven't won since, but have always made the playoffs. Typically only play in one league, but have guys spread out all across the country and come in for the draft. Want to play in a keeper league, but don't have the time..

Who: AtomicCEO

What: Digital Video Technician

When: 29 (real soon), 3.5 months til the wedding.

Where: Near Boulder, CO

Why: It beats working

Fantasy Bio I am the founder of Jeet Kun Do... and I fled to this country from Hong Kong after killing a man.

Who: Knight Train: a diehard Steelers fan oh don't get me started.

What: College Professor whose office is adorned with everything from the 4 pennants of our SB wins to a picture of <<sniff, sniff>> Three Rivers Stadium

When: 33 yrs old

Where: Born in PA, but now in Arkansas with all the freakin' Cowboy fans

Why: Because like most of you I am now a beer-swilling, overweight, over-the-hill former high school player who needs a better way to live vicariously through someone else.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 8 yrs, been on the Huddle for 3 and am just starting the boards. Since my daughter was born 8 months ago I am going down to just one league, which I founded 6 years ago, and for it I still serve as commish.

Looks like fun! loco

Who:Otis

What: Patent Attorney.

When: 27ish? Don't quote me on that, it's all starting to become a blur.

Where: New York City.

Why: Because its highly addictive.

Fantasy Bio: Just became a FOOTBALL fan a year ago, playing fantasy with my buddies was a big reason why I grew to love it so much (was never a big football fan growing up, now I can't get enough!) Played and watched enough other sports that I can see the paralells and am learning the game fairly quickly (though it is admittedly much more complex than I'd thought). Very looking forward to '03.

Who: MikesVikes

What: Accountant

When: 42 years old. Young enough to not care who Tommy Mason is, old enough to have seen more quarterbacks play for the Vikes than I would care to admit.

Where: Live in a small town outside of that other Rochester.

Why: I've always compared position players ever since I was 10 and had football cards, before I knew there was a fantasy football. Yes Chuck Foreman WAS better than Lydell Mitchell, John Brockington and Larry Csonka combined.

Fantasy Bio: Played in 5 head to head leagues last year, and like to play in internet FF contests that aren't H2H games. Add a few more to that five. Got my start in FF by playing those newspaper games and actually won once or twice against the masses. Was asked to join a local league, won it my first year with my backup quarterback, Beuerlein. Was the commish the second year and have been ever since. Showed the league how the internet can keep score almost as good as a pad and pencil.

Who?: Hugh, Shakaka, Jim. Rugby player, tequila drinker. AFC-Da Raidaas, NFC-Rams.

What?: Cellsite technician by trade, small business owner that WorldCom crushed, but as Arnold says "I will be back". Currently a Fishmonger and Beermaker. HS position coach(DL/LB's).

Where?: Originally from SoCal, have lived in at least nine states for 6 months or more. Worked in many more for short periods. Currently in the Seattle area.

When: 42 years of experience and parties. Own a 1960 Cadillac to show myself just how old I am, no matter how young I feel. Always seem to be working on her wall_bas Also have a 15 year old daughter and a soon to be 9 year old (ex) stepson along with a large breasted ex-wife head_ban .

Why?: Huddler for just around 4 years, because hands down this is the best site to get info and banter. The rest are just posers.

FF Background: 13+ years playing, three championships and way too many second and third places. Play only for money and four years ago won enough to take the family to Mexico for two weeks.

**** Welcome newbies, always start your studs! and don't ask questions my daughter would deem stupid about football because you'll get roasted like piece of steak in TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT.... coach

• Sad 1

Who: untateve - GO GATORS!

What: psychologist - genius ninja

When: 40 1/2 years old. But I'm gonna be 41.

Where: Florida.

Why: Because

Fantasy Bio: been playing about 7 years. commish of two leagues (local and BOTH--Dash-4). also in 2 dynasty auction and 1 dynasty league. won 2 championships.

Who: StormChasers

What: Sales Manager for a Scientific Database Company

When: Still 30 something but not much longer.

Where: Born and raised in the Philly area and bleed green even if I live in S Jersey now.

Why: What else is there to do except read and talk football? Is there actually another sport in this world?

Fantasy Bio: Have been playing FF since 1990. Been at the huddle for 5 years and posting for 5 years. I don't post often but when I do, it's to piss off Sarge and those Cowboy fans with intellect not with profanities. Participate in 1 Survivor League (BOTH), 2 Semi-Keeper leagues (1 BOTH and 1 plain local...both pay leagues), 2 Free Dynasty leagues (IDP's) at FF Warroom and 1 more Semi-Dynasty league starting up by a Huddler. Counting them up....ummm 7 this year. WoW this is a slow year!!! loco Most leagues I have been in is 23 (when Exit 42 was free). Yes I admit its an illness but that's the first step cool_thu

Who: Silver&Black, Raider fanatic (Dad grew up in California)

What: GIS Analyst (go here or here if you care to know what that is...)

Fantasy Football Mock Drafter extraordinaire, Survivor League aficionado

When: 34 years old, living with 25 year old girlfriend

Where: Alexandria, Virginia but grew up in Maryland.

Why: Because it's cheaper than Alchohol and everybody needs an addiction, or two or three...

Fantasy Bio: Been playing Fantasy for 7 yrs. I've been a Huddler for 4 years and have

been on the boards for 3. I frequent many football sites during the on and off season

but I always end up back at the Huddle for the definitive word on Football, Fantasy Football, everything related, and unrelated...I've been playing in 2 leagues 7 years each, one which is a 12 team league that comprises of coworkers and ex-coworkers which is pretty competitive and the other which is a 24 team league that comprises of old friends that is cut-throat. By the time the season starts, I will probably have 50+ survivor league teams...2 minute speed mocks are my newest addiction.

Who: BoltsFan (Previously known as CountBlackula)

I go by Blitzkrieg on every other board but this, but it would be too confusing if I was named that here...

What: College Student and Charger season ticket holder.

When: 19 Years old...I bet no one's younger.

Where: San Diego.

Why: Too much free time, gotta spend it somewhere.

Fantasy Bio: Despite my young age I've been playing Fantasy Football for 6 years and this is my 4th year as a huddler. Although I've never been much of a poster I read a lot. Been in the same keeper league for most of the 6 years I've been playing among a ton of online yahoo type leagues.

Who: Yukon Cornelius your freindly bumble hunter/ minor

What: Teacher by Day, Bumble hunting at night

When: 37 years young but feel 70 after the twins were born

Where: Hail from the Minnesota now live in Gods country.

Why:WHY ask WHY

Fantasy Bio: dont really play just looking for bumbles..... i think i have found a few here at the huddle and im monitoring the re activity... i see one has recently returned after a long absence( starts with a K).

I'm game.

Who: wskinman

What: USAF Captain

When: 34 yrs of age

Where: Hail from Portland, OR

Why: This stuff is like crack for geeks

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 6 yrs, been a Huddler for I think 4 yrs now.

Won the local league in the first year (97) of FF by drafting and holding onto Barry through his 5 weeks of nothingness to win outright the rest of the season.

I haven't won since but I will die trying.

Member of a couple of local leagues plus OUTRAGED and HEFFA.

*still looking for another

Who: 'Canes 2003. Die-hard 'Canes -Dolphins fan.

What: Resturant GM, father, husband.

When:38

Where: Ormond Beach, FL (just outside of Daytona Beach)

Why? Believe it or not, FF keeps me sane jump

Fantasy Bio: 4 year Huddler; FF player for ten years locally (2 Championships); currently a member of BOTNH, Outraged, 32 Homers, Hannibals; 2 Huddle Survivor leagues; plus my local league.

No wonder why my wife is mad at me from Sept.-Jan. computer cool_thu

'Canes 2003:

No wonder why my wife is mad at me from Sept.-Jan.    computer      cool_thu  

My wife is mad at me year-round. "I thought football season was over" she says. "Yeah, but I gotta start getting ready for next season now." I reply. She rolls her eyes, throws her hands up & walks away shaking her head. loco

dkf:

Brack2Hugh:

with a large breasted ex-wife    head_ban    

Now you got me curious which one got the head_ban

the large head_ban

or the ex head_ban

:confused:

The fact that they are large & she is now the ex should = bawling

Who : Huddle has been my go-to source for 4 years. Started posting in 2001 under the name of Wookiee. I’ve been MeanJoe last two years, although I haven’t posted much at all.

What: Civil Engineer, Const. Management

When: 30 yrs

Where: St. Louis via Pittsburgh.

Why: Preparing for my first draft in 1999, I quickly realized there were other players in the league that were good and NOT Steelers.

Fantasy Bio: 5th year of FF. Finally hit pay dirt last year, but lost in Superbowl.

Who: Chavez, your friendly neighborhood beer guy, Packer fan, Tailgate BHL, and all-around swell dude head_ban

Where: Milwaukee via "God's Country" (aka Michigan's Upper Peninsula)

When: 3/8/73

Fantasy Bio: got my FF start about 7 yrs ago after my good friend expanded his league from 8 to 10 teams. The first year I finished 3-9-1, but learned a lot; since then, in that league, I've got 6 playoff berths, 5 division titles and 3 league championships. Belong to BOTH League the Corleone Family and participate in 2 other local league, one of which I commission. Also won some nice cash one of the 2 years I did The Sporting News Fantasy Challenge.

Why: Hell, why not?

Who: cap'n grunge - bleeder of purple, enemy of cheeseheads, & MH legend

What: Financial Analyst for a Multi-State Healthcare System. Married, no kids, one very cool cat.

When: 29 yrs old. Hit the big 3-0 this fall.

Where: Phoenix, land of the eternal sun, via God's country: Fargo, ND via Grand Forks, ND via NW Minnesota. (No, not everybody in that neck of the woods talks or acts like the movie Fargo, which would have been more aptly titled, Wisconsin brow )

Why: What can I say? It's a Sickness! (Hence my FF team name)

Fantasy Bio: This will be my 5th season playing FF. Started out with a local work league, found the Huddle, and branched out to online leagues. Much more success in the local league (one championship and one 2nd place) then online as the level of competition here is tremendous. This fall I plan to be in:

1) Local League (10 or 12 team auction redraft)

2) BOTH league = BOTNH (12 team, up to 3 keeper)

3) BOTH league = 32 Homers, a unique 32 team league where you can be a true homer and manage your respective home team. Proud to say I was involved in the initial concept. I've seen more and more of these 32 team leagues floating around on the net since.

4) BOTH league = the Corleone Family (12 team auction league)

5) Interboard Challenge = 5 FF sites (thehuddle, FFToday, FBG, FSW, and the Warroom) each pit 12 of their members in a massive FF free for fall. The object is not only to come out on top, but also to win the honors of site champion. The Huddle is working on a 3peat this fall. thumbs_u

rajncajn:

dkf:

Brack2Hugh:

with a large breasted ex-wife     head_ban    

Now you got me curious which one got the head_ban

the large head_ban

or the ex head_ban

:confused:

The fact that they are large & she is now the ex should = bawling I still remember them fondly wink

Who: The Misfit (nee Billy Babooboo -- have been looking for an alias change out of respect for Bronco Billy, BillyBalata, Billay, and God knows how many other past and present Billy huddlers). Sorry, DMD -- know you hate alias changes, won't happen again.

What: Ex-Navy vet, ex-linguist, ex-teacher, ex-journalist, ex-lawyer, ex-husband, ex-communicated. I'm often accused of having a negative outlook on life. Currently manage some people doing something. I tend to get bored easily.

When: 42.

Where: Suburban Cincinnati. A great place to grow vegetables and children. I do neither.

Why: Another quote from The Misfit: "It's no real pleasure in life." Except fantasy football. Everything else that's fun causes disease and early death. (The Misfit is a character from Flannery O'Connor. No, there is no reason you should care.)

Fantasy Bio: This will be my 10th year. I usually play in two redraft leagues -- fantasy drafts, like fantasy life, is fleeting, so I have no use for the pretense of "keeper" leagues. At least one team each year, except one, has made it to the playoffs, although luck has had a big part in that. Love the Bengals -- QB Greg Cook turned me on to football as a kid. Their hopeless futility is a perfect metaphor for post-modern life. I hope it ends soon.

Who: wiegie (not wedgie, you **** *******s), rams fan (pre-bandwagon, though admittedly not nearly as long as Ramhock)

What: keeper of the infamous WIEGIE BOARD, also an economics professor and evaluator of presidential policies wink

When: 32 years

Where: Native St. Louisan, moved to Grand Rapids, MI two years ago

Why: I had not heard of fantasy football before December 1994. I was watching a game with two of my friends who worked together. From an NFL standpoint, the game was relatively meaningless, but my friends were apparently living and dying with every play. When I asked them what all of the excitement was about, they explained (during commercials) that they were playing fantasy football (and that this week they were playing in a head-to-head matchup that would determine who would make the playoffs). I decided then and there that I wanted in on the action. The next year, I became an expansion member of their league as it went from 8 to 10 owners. My first ever draft pick was John Elway (I didn't know that RB's were important and I had always thought Elway was a good QB). shrug

Fantasy Bio: This will be my 9th year in fantasy football. I'm still in the first local league I ever joined (though now I have to drive 7-8 hours each way to participate in the auction). I'm also a member of 3 BOTH leagues, F-OFF (in which I am terrible), the Corleone Family, and 32-Homers (where despite the terrible play of the Rams last year, my team still finished with the second highest amount of points in the regular season). This will be my 4th year at thehuddle boards (though I used thehuddle rankings and analysis before that). My first post ever at the huddle received a reply of "newbie tool" from Posty.

cap'n grunge:

When: 29 yrs old. Hit the big 3-0 this fall.

Where: Phoenix, land of the eternal sun, via God's country: Fargo, ND via Grand Forks, ND via NW Minnesota.

When did you live in Fargo? I lived there from 1984-1992.

Who: Ratman - no other aliases

What: Ex-golf professional, ex-investigator for electric utility co.(chased the electricity thieves). Now wife and I are self-employed selling educational software to schools. 1 daughter heading to college this year. Live in a little cow town with 4 horses, 3 dogs & 1 cat.

When: 8 days until the big 5-0 bawling Feel a little old around here.

Where: Lived in SW Florida all my life. Have no desire to move anywhere else.

Why: Why not?

Fantasy Bio: Huddle member 4 years but don't post much though I enjoy the sparring that goes on here. 8 years in big money league - best finish was 2nd. 2 other free leagues(1 BOTH league) been finishing around the middle of the pack. Sounds like I am the only non-champion on the board! shrug