[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

thanks, right now UVA is either her 2nd or 3rd choice (it fluctuates, daily! lol)...I "think" Duke is still #1, but GA Tech and UVA are still up there on her list, too...of course, Mom's first choice is Charlottesvile for proximity purposes (Durham and Atlanta are TOO far away!)...lol

i grew-up in SW VA right on the border of So.WV, about 60 miles west of Blacksburg...everyone there was either a Steelers or Cowboys fan (that was before the Panthers, so I'm really old!)...I was actually a Steelers fan growing up, w/T. Bradshaw, F. Harris, R. Bleier, L. Swann, J. Lambert, M. Blount, etc., but became a "homer" with the Redskins when I moved to NoVA in the late '80s...Joe Gibbs was THE MAN! :). now, i can't stand the Steelers, because their fans are so obnoxious (at least the ones in DC!) Anyway, I've been enduring hardship ever since the early to mid-90s...lol

nope, all Steelers fan's are like that

And you might not want to say that your daughter wants to be a 'hoo..... :unsure:

• Like 2

• 5 years later...

Feeling nostalgic. Can't believe I've been hanging around here for over 20 years. Thought I'd give an update to my OP:

Who: rajncajn, still your friendly neighborhood Saints fan, though some may disagree on the friendly

What: Test Development Director for hull, mechanical & electrical systems on Navy LHA program. Saints fan always & forever.

When: 49 yrs of age. Funny, my OP said Blitz thinks I'm around 50 or so. Took him 18 years to finally be right for a change. :lol:

Where: Still hail from the beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Why: Because I just can't quit this place. Too many good memories.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 24 yrs. Since scores were tabulated by hand every Monday & Tuesday morning from the USA Today. Been a member of the Huddler for 23 years and a board member for 22.. I'm no longer the FF junkie I used to be. I actually picked up a local league this year to make it two to go along with Fusion, which I've been a member of for 18 years. Life, marriage, 2 girls & a demanding career has happily cut into the time I have for this game, but I'm still here & probably will be until either it's not or I'm not.

Big thanks to DMD, Whitney :oldrazz: and especially all the old-timers come & gone who are far too many to name, but most of which have posted in this thread, for making this place a part of my life. It's seen me through a lot.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

Feeling nostalgic. Can't believe I've been hanging around here for over 20 years. Thought I'd give an update to my OP:

Who: rajncajn, still your friendly neighborhood Saints fan, though some may disagree on the friendly

:pc: Your friendly, yet arrogant, neighborhood Saints fan.

Edited by Big John
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Big John said:

Your friendly, yet arrogant, neighborhood Saints fan.

I had that sig for years & years. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke based off some poster who'd come & gone in a flash, like so many, calling me arrogant when I was actually trying to give him advice with a FF question. So I inserted the "yet arrogant" into my existing sig. Unfortunately I think that many of the newcomers took that as truth and shaped the way they interacted with me. :lol:

Edited by rajncajn

44 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I had that sig for years & years. It was a tongue-in-cheek joke based off some poster who'd come & gone in a flash, like so many, calling me arrogant when I was actually trying to give him advice with a FF question. So I inserted the "yet arrogant" into my existing sig. Unfortunately I think that many of the newcomers took that as truth and shaped the way they interacted with me. :lol:

*sigh* such a typical way for you to answer.

• Haha 1

I didn't realize this place has been around so long. '99?  That's pretty far back and I assume the site was up a little before that. 

I too am nostalgic somewhat for the early days of the internet, period. There are cool sites now too, but the early internet seemed more free and creative without the conglomerates and ads.  I shouldn't bitch, it is still an incredible resource if used correctly. 

53 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I didn't realize this place has been around so long. '99?  That's pretty far back and I assume the site was up a little before that. 

I too am nostalgic somewhat for the early days of the internet, period. There are cool sites now too, but the early internet seemed more free and creative without the conglomerates and ads.  I shouldn't bitch, it is still an incredible resource if used correctly. 

If I'm not mistaken, this site was started in 1997 @Big John. Also, if I'm not mistaken, @Big Country was the first board member not named @DMD or one of his alter-egos and is still active. This board, I think is the 3rd or maybe 4th one used, so much of the older history probably only resides in Carl's basement.

3 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

If I'm not mistaken, this site was started in 1997 @Big John. Also, if I'm not mistaken, @Big Country was the first board member not named @DMD or one of his alter-egos and is still active. This board, I think is the 3rd or maybe 4th one used, so much of the older history probably only resides in Carl's basement.

yes

• Thanks 1

Man don't get me started reading this thread again....

Rajn and I've had our differences but he is always a good source of Saints info, and seems like a good guy. I recall being a lurker here for some time before I was brave enough to jump in an start posting. Luckily I avoided the Newbie Tool of the Year award, though I know some wanted to "crown me" with it. I miss all the activity and information, even some of the bashing that was dished out. 

Ever once in a while an old time poster pops up and its like the old days. 

On 11/13/2020 at 8:30 AM, rajncajn said:

Accurate

FinishTheDrill

Nice to meet you all (I think!).

Work in a cubicle by day

When- 50 with a few kids

Where- Northeast states

Why-  Was asked to join FF from guys at work who needed a 10th man.  I played in HS, but NEVER follow pro FB.   They saw a sucker.  

I took the challenge, and selected CamNewton, DST, and kicker first in draft.  I knew nothing.  I had 5 tight ends.  I got shellacked.  So, week 3 I REALLY took the challenge and began researching and taking things very seriously.  I am 100% absolutely HOOKed, ADDICTED now.   

I've rebuilt my disaster of a team, hit the waiver wire HARD, read everything ever posted on the net, and recently recovered from some injuries.  I now have what i think is a solid team.  Not league winning, but solid.  Now.  

... now I need some Wins.  

(great website, and some really helpful guys here. Thanks in advance) 

1 hour ago, FinishTheDrill said:

FinishTheDrill

Nice to meet you all (I think!).

Work in a cubicle by day

When- 50 with a few kids

Where- Northeast states

Why-  Was asked to join FF from guys at work who needed a 10th man.  I played in HS, but NEVER follow pro FB.   They saw a sucker.  

I took the challenge, and selected CamNewton, DST, and kicker first in draft.  I knew nothing.  I had 5 tight ends.  I got shellacked.  So, week 3 I REALLY took the challenge and began researching and taking things very seriously.  I am 100% absolutely HOOKed, ADDICTED now.   

I've rebuilt my disaster of a team, hit the waiver wire HARD, read everything ever posted on the net, and recently recovered from some injuries.  I now have what i think is a solid team.  Not league winning, but solid.  Now.  

... now I need some Wins.  

(great website, and some really helpful guys here. Thanks in advance) 

Welcome FTD! Good luck in your league. Stick to it and take all that you learn this year and put together a great team next year!

• 10 months later...
On 6/26/2003 at 4:42 AM, rajncajn said:

Starting to see a lot of new faces around here already, just wondering who, what, when, where & why you are. Somebody does this sort of thing every season, figured I'd jump the gun. First word of warning, never take ANYTHING seriously here. Any Vets wanna put theirs in they are more than welcome as well.

Example:

Who: rajncajn, your friendly neighborhood Saints fan

What: Program Analyst by day, SuperHuddler by night. Saints fan always & forever.

When: 31 yrs of age. Although Blitz thinks I'm around 50 or so.

Where: Hail from the Missippi Gulf Coast.

Why: Cuz I'm a fanatic, just like everyone else here.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 7 yrs, been a Huddler for 6. Been on the boards for 5. Didn't take me long to figure out this is the best **** FF site on the net. I'm in 4 leagues now (this is beginning to read like an AA meeting) 1 local 12 team keeper and 3 BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) leagues, one a 16 team dynasty another a 32 team modified redraft, and last but definately least, a 12 team survivor league.

Bump for the OP turning 50 today. :brew: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Big John said:

Bump for the OP turning 50 today. :brew: 

Blast from the past! Thanks a ton Big John. Means a lot that you would go through the trouble of finding this dinosaur of a thread. Funny enough, Blitz is finally right for a change! It just took him about 20 years. :lol:

• Haha 1