[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

14 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Blast from the past! Thanks a ton Big John. Means a lot that you would go through the trouble of finding this dinosaur of a thread. Funny enough, Blitz is finally right for a change! It just took him about 20 years. :lol:

Congrats rajn you youngster, contrary to popular belief it isn't all down hill from here, in fact I feel like I'm walking uphill most of the time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Congrats rajn you youngster, contrary to popular belief it isn't all down hill from here, in fact I feel like I'm walking uphill most of the time.

I know the feeling. I think they lie to you, there is no over-the-hill. Life, for most, is always an uphill battle until you reach the end of the road. But I like a good fight & always meet a challenge head on, so I keep trudging along with the rest of the world.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, rajncajn said:

I know the feeling. I think they lie to you, there is no over-the-hill. Life, for most, is always an uphill battle until you reach the end of the road. But I like a good fight & always meet a challenge head on, so I keep trudging along with the rest of the world.

Preach brother!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shaft said:

Preach brother!

There's a great quote from Sir Edmund Hillary. He was referring to mountain climbing, but it has a deeper meaning and it's a great lesson:

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, gilthorp said:

ARRP

I was looking at a new cell phone the other day, and also discussing plan options. The guy asked if I had my ID on my, told him it was in the car, he asked "are you over 55"....hmm let me think, yes 57 in late November. That got me a better deal, guess I'll start enjoying more of that and need to remember to ask about "the senior discount". 

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Happy 50 Rajn! I am right on your heels come this Feb...ug. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heehawks said:

Happy 50 Rajn! I am right on your heels come this Feb...ug. 

Like I always tell my dad, you're catching up. I'm hoping I got his good genes, because he looks fantastic for his age and can still physically kick it with us "young" folk.

On 10/19/2021 at 5:55 PM, rajncajn said:

Blast from the past! Thanks a ton Big John. Means a lot that you would go through the trouble of finding this dinosaur of a thread. Funny enough, Blitz is finally right for a change! It just took him about 20 years. :lol:

Happy belated 50th rajn! Same b-day as my sister. I can’t believe I’m actually in this thread. Had to go way back to 2004. I sounded like a doofus. 
  Most of y’all were youngsters when I came on board. I’ll be turning 60 next May so I know all about uphill. I’ could retire right now but am going to wait until I hit 62. Crazy when I think about it. I’ll have 37 years in at that point and that’s enough. 
  Here’s to sticking around this place and not pulling the disappearing act. Oh, and I’m NOT an arrogant Steelers fan. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, boltnlava said:

These 50 ish youngsters piss me off....Happy Birthday and whatnot. Now get off my lawn!

So, just coming to terms with this, because I started here so young many moons ago, but some of you dudes are some old m'fers!!!

1 hour ago, irish said:

So, just coming to terms with this, because I started here so young many moons ago, but some of you dudes are some old m'fers!!!

I know, right?  Some of the people here today weren't even swimmers yet when a few of you grayhairs joined!

• Haha 2

I'm usually the young guy in various groups I participate in, as well as being the "baby" in my family (57 now, oldest brother would be 73 soon if he were still alive).

So being one of the older farts isn't bad for once, even if you all ignore my wisdom :) 

3 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I'm usually the young guy in various groups I participate in, as well as being the "baby" in my family (57 now, oldest brother would be 73 soon if he were still alive).

So being one of the older farts isn't bad for once, even if you all ignore my wisdom :) 

Did he just say wisdom?!  

:irishwink:

Just now, Shorttynaz said:

Let me guess..  You play Bridge and are a train enthusiast, huh?  

:D

Never played bridge, and not really into trains. Favorite card game is cribbage, favorite vehicle see my avatar. 

Can I guess what you're into now, hopefully its not what's in your avatar :blink:

8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Never played bridge, and not really into trains. Favorite card game is cribbage, favorite vehicle see my avatar. 

Can I guess what you're into now, hopefully its not what's in your avatar :blink:

It was a joke, Steve.  Not an attack.  Apparently you lost your sense of humor years ago - that is if you ever had one.  

3 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

And f'k you for even insinuating that..  It's not cool, or even remotely funny.  The f'ks wrong with you?  

Maybe he thought that was a picture of you and you like wrestling?

• Haha 1