[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Ratman...there are plenty of champs here, but like me I am the "BEST" when it comes to runner-up...I own 2nd place(first and last to lose)....winners are those who keep coming back and giving it another shot at the title...the ones who don't(unlike you & me) are quitters!!!

Who: Timmypg...Giants fan...Shockey will be MVP 1 day.

What: College student.

When: 21 years old.

Where: Pennsylvania.

Why: Because football is all there is in the winter lol.

Bio: Been playing ff for around 7 years (yes I started young). I've been on the Huddle for 3 years now but this is my first on the boards.

Soylent Green:

cap'n grunge:

When: 29 yrs old. Hit the big 3-0 this fall.

Where: Phoenix, land of the eternal sun, via God's country: Fargo, ND via Grand Forks, ND via NW Minnesota.

When did you live in Fargo? I lived there from 1984-1992. That was a bit before my time. I went to college in Grand Forks (GB the Fighting Sioux) from fall 92 - fall 96. Then moved to Warroad, MN for about a year and a half. Then moved back to Grand Forks and worked in Fargo, commuting for over a year, before moving to Fargo beginning of 2000. Lived there until fall of 2001 and moved to Phoenix.

That's the long answer I guess. loco

Who: Boilerduff - Purdue and Eagles fan - In that order.

What: Manager of a family owned Gasket Company

Where: Outside of Philadelphia, pa.

When: the big 30! Not that I act it...

Why: Makes Football season more fun. Its nice caring what the lions are doing against the ravens..

Bio- Been playing for 4 years. mostly multi list drafts. 1st real draft this year. Found the huddle and will probably never leave. My wife and I have separate teams in a local friends league. She beat me twice last year but I ended up in second and she was in third. For all you guys who have wives that hate football, 2 words. HA HA!

Look forward to having a great time on the boards this year again! take_a_b nHoops Crisp DMD Grits rajn Spain take_a_b thanks for all the great advice and Comedy last year and I look forward to more this year!

This site rules! head_ban

Go Boilers!

Go Eagles!

Talk to ya soon! computer

• 3 weeks later...

Joined between last post and rajncajn's bump. Might as well chime in. computer

Who: RFFL Chump, always coming up just short. :confused:

What: Land Surveyor and runner-up

When: 41 years young, hope to FF forever

Where: Colorado born and bred

Why: Why not and what else is there? head_ban

Fantasy Bio: Playing for last six years mostly redraft. Started a league and then convinced others to commish so I could just play. One chapionship second years then, as the name shows, in playoffs most years, but never on top. bawling The chump came from last years league at work, scored second highest points and didn't make the playoffs. shrug

Who: homer - Not really new to the Huddle but new to reading you guys wink

What: Systems Administrator day - Vikes fan all the time angry cool_thu sleep wall_bas

When: 37 years

Where: St. Paul MN (the good side of the river)

Why: Football Baby Football :D

Fantasy Bio: 6 yrs in a 10 team auction league, 2yrs in a defensive players league 3yrs in a draft league and I might commish a league this year.

4 leagues ouch thinking shrug

Who: BiggieFries - Cowboys fan.

What: Bored Computer Programmer

When: 26 years old

Where: Long Island, NY (grew up in Texas, I'm not a "front runner" or "band-wagon jumper")

Why: Nothing quite like pizza, wings, beer....and football.

Fanatasy Bio: I've only been doing FF for 2 years (this will be my 3rd). I went to the playoffs in my first year even though I had no clue about the theories involved with drafting and FF in general. Kind of a trial by fire. I found the Huddle midway through my first season and haven't regreted it!! Last year I had the most points in my league thanks to the advice on this site. Thanks guys!! (even though I didn't win!! angry )

Who: Viking fan who still isn't over the Drew Pearson pushoff

What: High school teacher/coach

When: 38 years old

Where: Iowa

Why: because of "what", it's this or drinking, what am I saying? It's this AND drinking.

Fanatasy Bio: 5 years on internet leagues, own 3 keeper teams, won a title my first year, 5 time bridesmaid over the next three years, won second title last season.

Second year here at the Huddle, still intimidated by all the knowledge ton_of_b

Who: Zam. Packers fan, The greatest franchise in football history. smash

What: Database Manager by day, fantasy sports fan 24/7. Even in a fantasy golf league.

When: 33 years old.

Where: Wisconsin, Packer Country.

Why: Football fanatic of course.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for about 8-years, been on the Huddle for 3, and this is my first year on the message board. I am in 4 leagues, 2-10-team, a 12-team, and a 6-team td only. Also play other fantasy sports including baseball so I was excited to see the 10th Inning and use that every day.

WHO: Boys and Bucs fan (I know, its complicated)

WHAT: molder of young bodies and minds, holder of the best job in the world, PE teacher and coach; husband to a beautiful wife and more beautiful 1 yr old daughter

WHEN: 35 but look and act 25, or so I'm told

WHERE: Tampa via 3 universities, 2 community colleges and, the nomadic life of an army brat

WHY: FF? Because I just can't get enough. The Huddle? Poignant analysis and witty banter

FF BIO: 6 years of "if you've got it,I'll take it". The last 2 have been concentrated more on my 2 main ($) leagues, 1 keeper, 1 redraft. Playoffs every year in at least one of the two. Championship game one time each. I'll probably play in 3 or 4 more leagues just because I can, just like every year.

Who: Cunning Runt (and cunning I am). Have also went by Swami, Truman, Barnabus, and Doomsday on these boards. Will probably go by something else again before the year's out if a humorous tag strikes me. Oh, I'm also by far the smartest FF guy on this board bar none. wink

What: Commercial Real Estate

When: 38 (though all the sports I play, drinking I do, and pot I smoke sure makes me feel youunger than that) - that and I have a 2yr old and one on the way helping keep me feeling like I'm 21. Oh ya - and I think, shall we say, "improper" thoughts when I see all the young hotties running around - that keeps me young too. cool_thu

Where: North America -

Why: 1.I absolutely love competition 2.Gives me an excuse to go to the sports bar ALL DAY on Sundays 3.I love football 4.I now have my 10yr old son involved and am in a couple free yahoo leagues with him so I'm rasing him right cool_thu 5. Because I can

Fantasy Bio: Smartest FF guy alive (as noted previously). Commish my local league for 6 years running with 1 Championship 2 years ago. I'm from IN so I guess I'd like to see the Colts do well, but honestly, I just love pro football and when I'm at the aforementioned sports bar, I do not watch a team - I watch my guys and every little play matters. If I've got a receiver, I want a passing situation, etc.. you know what I mean. Love this freakin' game

Anyway - welcome all and best of luck to ya !!

Word.

I'm in:

Who: Knights Of Knee

what: marketing, just somethin to do between Jan (SB doesnt usually count in my book) and July.

When: 30. **** im old by my definition at age 10.

Where: Portland OR - screw the Expos, how bout the Bengals?

Why: ridiculous question.

Bio: Going into my 10th year. Play only in a free league now (I know y'all say they suck, bite me), but with some - not all - football geniuses. Who have proven a greater challenge in the past 5 years than any pay league I've ever been in. Besides, im married now - I cant afford anything except the Huddle. First yr btw.

WHO . . . JerryRavens here

WHAT . . . retired from self employment . . . courier service

WHEN . . . retired means "old" . . . yes on SS & medicare !!!! but love growing old . . . can say I've been there n' done that to a lot of things.

WHERE . . . Eastern Shore of Maryland . . . God's Country but found another happy place for several yearly visits in mid-SC for golf and just laying back. . . Ravens fan because they are in Maryland but LOVED the old Baltimore Colts!!

WHY . . . great hobby and reading and lurking here with you guys keeps me on my toes in FF.

FANTASY BIO . . . been playing for several years, about 3rd with Huddle . . . in two money leagues with live drafts (lots of fun nights) won some and lost some . . . let others who know more do the commissioning, etc. LOVE THIS SITE!!

Who: Thunder Chicken, Win the Day for Crimson and Gray

What: SGT, US Army. Perpetual supporter of the underdog, Hater of all things Husky

When: 26 years old.

Where: Enumclaw, WA, living in exile Augusta, GA

Why: When you are a Seahawks fan, you MUST live in Fantasy.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF since '96, found The Huddle in '00, lurking through the boards since '01. I am in 3 leagues this year, 2-10-team, and a 16-team. Commissioner of AFFL-Football under the Influence.

Who: Trojanmojo. A fiscally conservative, socially progressive, smart-ass in the true sense of the word. I'm also a NY football fan (both Jets and Giants).

What: Credit Advertising Analyst for BMG Entertainment.

When: 32 yrs of age. Born on Earth Day in 1971.

Where: Born and raised in Los Angeles. Grad of USC- class of 1996. Moved to beautiful North Jersey in 2002.

Why: Why not?

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 11 yrs, been a Huddler for 2. Been on the boards for 2. I'm in 4 leagues now; 1 Yahoo Huddle League (Weapons of DMD), 1 ESPN Keeper League, and 2 Local So. Cal leagues- one in which I have been an owner for 11 years. I have won 2 league titles; one in each of my local so. cal. leagues.

cool_thu

Who: Flypaste

What: In Theatre/TV Production

When: 29

Where: Thrilladelphia

Why: I'm set in my ways...

Fantasy Bio: Eight team league for six years. Random leagues (yahoo, sportsline, etc...)over the years. Like most I have been using the The Huddle for some time - 4 maybe 5 years. I have found this site to have the most in-depth information. It is an asset.

Who Seattle Law Dawg: Seahawks fan as long as they're not playing the Vikings.

What Lawyer by day, Lawyer by night

When 28 NFL season old

Where Seattle, by way of New Orleans, Atlanta, Rapid City, and North Dakota

Why In the beginning, God created football and it was good.

Fantasy Bio 4th year playing. Never done great but I'm pretty sure that this is the year TD is going to help me out.

Who: T-Man

What: Telecommunications technician, father of 4

son-20, daughter-18, daughter-15, son 16 months head_ban Still married to my first wife of 20 years

When: 42

Where: Texas transplant from Michigan

Why: I can quit anytime I want to... jester

Bio: 12th year running local league with old friend. Redraft with 1 keeper option.

Won 3 titles jump

but last one in '99 frown

• 3 weeks later...