[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

Who: fballfreak: Pats fan for 32yrs

What: Systems Engineer by day, fballfreak during the night

When: 40 yrs of age tomorrow :D Although I look and feel 39 :rolleyes:

Where: Smalltown in N. Central Mass

Why: Why else, Football is what it's all about

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 13 yrs, been a Huddler for 3. Really started posting in here this season. Best site going. Only play one league now due to family (wife n 2 rugrats) but at one point was in 3 leagues.

Example:

Who: Willi4---friendly neighborhood pigskin chick

What: 7th grade English teacher for 180 days a year---------avid golfer, softball player and bowler the rest........

When: 33 years old

Where: Speedsville, Ny (Upstate NY's best trout stream!)

Why: It is a more healthy obsession than, say, colecting sharp sticks.

Fantasy Bio: About 9 seasons or so........don't rmemeber exactly. Win some, lose some, play in many

I am thoroughly depressed after the season ends. Hand me my beer.........

Big John:

Grits and Shins:

Big John ... I believe Wiegie is a teacher / professor as well.

Yes he is - an economics instructor.

But my point was for the teachers who do not have a command of the English language.

oh i have command of it.... just choose to ignore its stuppid everchanging rules....

if words like:

bazillion

hottie

dot-commer

can make it into the dictionary with out following set rules. then i can make up words as i go :D

Christ, I might as well get this over with.......

WHO - Down Goes Frazia, Minnesota homer to the bloody end. smash

WHAT - draftsman / CAD designer now working outta the home while being a stay home dad to my twin 3 year old girls. eek! Never a dull moment @ Camp Frazia..... and thank God potty training is in the rearview mirror. head_ban

WHEN - August 23rd 1962 - Yankton, SD.

WHERE - Moved from Siberia, I mean South Dakota to Gods Country(that would be LaCrosse Wis.) when I was 4......graduated HS in 1980. Spent the next 12 years fading in & out of reality..... then finished school & got my sh*t together. Moved to Seattle in '94 and now reside 2 blocks from the shores of Puget Sound. I think I can see Sky's house across the water. wink

WHY - Have been playing FF since about '88. I have won 2 championships in 15 years & none in the past 8. wall_bas Gotta improve those numbers.

Who: Mountaineer-WVU alum and Redskins fan

What: Graphic Designer and procrastinator.

When: 33 (1970)

Where: Hamilton, NJ (Home of the world famous anthrax post office) by way of West Virginia

Why: FF is a great way to feed my football obsession.

Fantasy Bio: Started playing FF in 91’ with some friends at college. That league is still going today and has evolved into a dynasty league. There are owners from Detroit, Chicago, Pittsburgh, WV and New Jersey in this league... which I also commish. I have won this league 4 times and appeared in 2 other championship games. I’ve been in another dynasty league for 5 years (local, NJ league). I’ve won this league once and lost the in championship game this season. There have been plenty of highlights in my fantasy career, but the lowlights seem to stick with me. A couple of lowlights that come to mind are losing a playoff game back in 96’ (I think) when Chris Boniel kicked 7 FGs against the Packers. Another lowlight was my failure to draft a TE at the initial draft for my local FF league (TE required). I’ve been around the huddle for quite some time, but I haven’t posted on the message board all that often.

I read a lot more than I write in Huddle because I think Newbies should respect the flow and get used to the tone before spouting off.

Who: Diligence (because I'm the only one who knows about Huddle in my league)

What: BA Physics, BSEE, MBA (even though I firmly believe college degrees don't matter if you have a good work ethic)

When: 31 and 11 months old going on 40 as I have 4 kids and only two out of diapers.

Where: Grew up in Michigan, now in Cleveland with a bunch of Bucknut fans

Why: This was my first FF season and I lost in the SB to my neighbor. I need retribution in a serious way, but will put up with his bragging the entire summer. At least Michigan beat OSU or else this year would have been a complete loss. I mean COMPLETE. Cleveland must have the worst professional sports teams in the nation. I miss the Tigers of 1984 and the Pistons of 1989-90 and... Barry Sanders.

Who: Venus -the goddess of love and FF

What: Operations Technician at a local network TV affiliate.

When: early 30's

Where: Originally from PA, but been in the south since '96

Why: Why Not? Been playing FF for about 8 years now with the same group of arrogant guys and beat them last year. Of course that was last year. Can't wait til next year!

Edited by Venus

WHO: Redknightsgoingdown---Cable Guy (formerly nybiggies). Father of 3 boys who are freakin' maniacs (2 weeks, 2 1/2 and 5. But I love them).

WHAT: Night Shift supervisor in the Tax/Direct Deposit department for a Fortune 100 Company....you can probably guess where from where I live.

WHEN: 31 glorious years of age.

WHERE: See below. It snows constantly. If you live somewhere warm I hate you.

FFBIO: Been playing for about 8 years. First year was when Steve Young went crazy, had Andre Rison, Barry Sanders, etc. Must have been 92 or so. I won that year. Skipped a few years to do drugs, drink beer and jagermeister, and try to get laid as often as possible. Fast forward to 1997 where a beautful young lady saw something in me and pulled me out of the alcaholic doldrum I was in. Married her. Started FF up again in 1997 or 1998. Won again in 2001-2002 season. I love Fantasy Football and as of a few years ago, Fantasy Baseball.

Who- T_bone65

What IT security Dept Treasury

When 39

Where Maryland but a Cowboys fan first Ravens second

FFBIO I have played in atleast 2-3 leagues for the last 6 years and finally won my first Superbowl this year after coming in second 3 or 4 other times. Ricky Williams was a waste as 3rd pick in a league I would of won had he done something this year.

Who: Ursa Majoris, formerly BearPerson

What: IT Manager/security guy/budget guy/operations guy/infrastructure guy and several other hats I wear in my spare time. Other IT people out there will know what I mean. wink

When: 1957 - you do the math, it makes my blood run cold.

Where: Right here. :D Twin Cities, Minnesota, where there are more Bears fans than would care to admit it. It's like a secret society of ashamed people. We have secret handshakes to help recognize each other. lol

Why: Football, simple as that. The more, the better

Fantasy Bio: Only been doing it 3 years, won SB the first year, nowhere in year 2 (never draft Dillon) and lost in SB this year when DJax and Hasselbeck got hurt. :mad:

Who: GoGo2146 and thatt stands for GOLIGHTLY(my last name)

What: Smalll Business owner most of the year then High scool football coah the rest. I've been coaching for the last 10 years.

When: 33 years old

Where: Born in The Big state of Texas but know I live in Arizona where football is season a tough pill to swallow.

Why: Love the game of football and been playing in a keeper leauge the last 8 years with 1 championship.

Ursa Majoris:

Who: Ursa Majoris, formerly BearPerson

[Where: Right here.    :D    Twin Cities, Minnesota, where there are more Bears fans than would care to admit it.  It's like a secret society of ashamed people.  We have secret handshakes to help recognize each other.  

That should change soon.

Who : Squeegiebo (long story - family joke). One of the few female Huddlers.

What : Attorney at a small general practice firm (no criminal or family law, thankfully)

When : 31 yrs

Where : The 'Burgh (that's Pittsburgh, for all of you non-yinzers out there)

Why : I need somewhere to talk fantasy football, since my husband refuses to do so.

Fantsay bio : Started off in a free salary cap league about 5 years ago, moved on to a real league 3 years ago. Run a local fantasy golf league in the football offseason to ease the withdrawl pains (no baseball league for me - I'm still too bitter about the '90-'92 Pirates (stupid Stan Belinda, Francisco Cabrerra, Sid Breem, and that @$$ Barry Bonds)).

Guest PantherDave2

WHO-PantherDave, NC State alimni, Husband and Father(two girls)

WHAT-General Contractor-build custom homes

WHEN-37(in March)1967

WHERE-South of Raleigh and North of Charlotte

WHY-Started playing FF in 1990, and loved how it brought the whole leauge into focus.I have run my own leauge locally for 6 years now, and we go into the 7th year with more people wanting in hte leauge, looks like we will go from 10 teams to 12. Been using the Huddle since 1998, but just joined the Boards this past year '03. Must not have made a very good impression since I was awarded "Newbie Tool of the Year". Oh, well, can't please everyone. cool_thu

Who : Coffeeman - my initials are MJB, and its better than most of the nicknames I had growing up. Married, with two future USC players aged 1.5 and 4.5 years.

What : Product Manager for a large personal lines (auto/home) insurance company with HQ on the West Coast. If you live in ID, OR or UT, sorry for your homeowners rates - that was me!

When : 37 yrs

Where : Pasadena, home of the Rose Bowl, New Years Day home of the Trojans

Why : Why not? Its a great way to keep in touch with some former work mates that I don't see very often anymore.

Fantasy bio : Started in 1999 with a group of 8 guys at work here in Pasadena, doing scoring with the Monday/Tuesday morning newspapers and an Excel spreadsheet. (Can you say "high potential for human data entry error"?) Now with 12 teams and owners all over the country - this newfangled Internet thing just might catch on. Just in the on league - no time for more. (Besides - how can you root for a guy in one breath and root against him for your other league? Weird...) Began on the Huddle in 2001, but just started posting this year. Won the (inaugural?) College Bowl this year, thanks to the "wimpy" Pac 10, and love to spew vs. Sgt Ryan, especially after his team lost by 4 TDs to KS2K's team!

Best site I have seen....

WHO-Polksalet AAS Forestry, Almost AAS Geodesy, worked for Enron, MS, and volunteer work for NASA

WHAT-Stud, Genius, and student (saved my money from the fat enron days and didnt lose it like the rest of the morons)

WHEN-31

WHERE-Cabot Arkansas, though I was born in the southern part of this hellhole I have spent most of my adult life in East Texas. Cabot btw is the hometown of Paula Jones and Dan "danimal" Hampton.

WHY-Started playing FFL in 97. Ive had a lot of luck, but only now have I admitted my long term affair with Fraud Tayor. I dumped him two years ago and since then have won two super bowls. However I do enjoy fantasy basketball far more than fball. I also hang out here to foster love at the tailgate, which you newbies need to know, is the greatest source of information in the galaxy.

polksalet:

I also hang out here to foster love at the tailgate, which you newbies need to know, is the greatest source of information in the galaxy.

Ain't that the truth. Enquire at the Tailgate on virtually anything and someone there will know the answer / have experience.

You just need a thick skin. jester

Huh, I never posted in this thread. I guess that's because I've been ignoring it. wink

Who: Czarina, a very happy Pats Fan

What: Clinical Social Worker, currently doing hospice work part-time. I spend the rest of my time chasing my two boys around. They're 8 and 5.

When: 40 ::argh:: Some day soon I'm going to have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

Where: New Hampshire

Why: Why? You have to ask why?

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for about 5 years or so. Grew up watching football, started kibbitzing over hubby's shoulder several years ago when he started playing. Got my own team and it hasn't been the same since. Won my local redraft Super Bowl last year, came in 2nd this year. Finally had a decent season in the PnH dynasty league this year. I think I became addicted to the Huddle boards during the 2000 presidential campaign, the Tailgate was hopping those days. thumbs_u

Ursa Majoris:

polksalet:

I also hang out here to foster love at the tailgate, which you newbies need to know, is the greatest source of information in the galaxy.

Ain't that the truth. Enquire at the Tailgate on virtually anything and someone there will know the answer / have experience.

You just need a thick skin. jester

The last huddle sanctuary and you guys are giving it away. Unbelievable. [loads rifle]