[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

League Setup Poll - flexible team makeup

dgthompson

flexible team makeup  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Does your league allow flexible team makeup and do you HATE/LIKE it - where you don't have to carry a strict number of players at each position (e.g. you can carry 2 QB's and 4 RB's, or 1 QB and 5 RB's)

• No, we must have the same strict number of players at each position and I HATE that
    • No, we must have the same strict number of players at each position and I LIKE that
    • Yes, we are flexible and I HATE that
    • Yes, we are flexible and I LOVE that

I am a commissioner of a 15 year league. One of the rules that we have always had is that you must carry 2Qb's, 4 Rb's, 5 WR, 2 TE, 2PK, etc... Over the years I've heard suggestions that we should allow this to be flexible. One main point is with trades. Since we have to keep the same number at each position, if someone wants to trade Thomas Jones for Randy Moss (for example) you can, but you also have to throw in a WR on one side and a RB on the other (RB/WR for a WR/RB) so that the team makeup remains the same. My biggest concern about going to a flexible makeup is that most people would try and stockpile RB's. I just know that most people, myself included, would forgo a 5th WR, or a 2nd TE (or both) and have extra RB's. Then there would be no free agent RB's left........ What does your league do?

Thanks for the info.