[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has anyone started the same players from one team?

bluedog

required lineup: QB/2 RB / 2 WR / 1 RB-WR-TE / DEF/ K

My Team:

Starters

Bulger, Marc QB STL

Addai, Joseph RB IND

Betts, Ladell RB WAS

Jones, Thomas RB NYJ

Evans, Lee WR BUF

Owens, Terrell WR DAL

Bench

Romo, Tony QB DAL

Bell, Tatum RB DET

Washington, Leon RB NYJ

Cotchery, Jerricho WR NYJ

Crayton, Patrick WR DAL

Jones, James WR GB

I am thinking about benching Bulger for Romo; Evans for Crayton. I would end up with Romo (QB) TO and Crayton as my WRs. Has anyone started a QB and both WRs from the same team before?

Thinking that I can "double dip" with pts from QB and WRs. Evans has a tough matchup. Am I crazy to even think about doing this?

TIA

It is a very viable strategy to start a QB and a WR from the same team. One person in my league has Manning and Harrison on the same team. They scored 50ish points last night. Just realize that if one has a bad game, you are likely getting very few points from the other as well. Use it, but use it wisely.

THe QB-WR combo is not a strategy per se. You start the players that you think wil lscore the most points. If you really think Romo will outscore Bulger, then start Romo. If you think Crayton will outscore Evans, then start Crayton. But to start them simply because they are on the same team is foolish unless you are in some very unique league with scoring rules that give you bonus points because your fantasy QB threw an actual pass to your fantasy WR, like if you did start Romo and Crayton you get 9 points per TD instead of just 6 points poer TD if you start Bulger.

Basically, the "combo" theory is bogus and is a trap many newer players fall into thinking they are getting these "double points" when there is no advantage what so ever to doing it.

It is a very viable strategy to start a QB and a WR from the same team. One person in my league has Manning and Harrison on the same team. They scored 50ish points last night. Just realize that if one has a bad game, you are likely getting very few points from the other as well. Use it, but use it wisely.

As a follow to my initial reply, this is not a strategy. I would venture to guess that Manning and HArrison are likely his best QB and WR, so they would be getting started whether they played for the same NFL team or not. If Harrison was a Ram, I would venture a guess that this owner would still be starting him.

THe QB-WR combo is not a strategy per se. You start the players that you think wil lscore the most points. If you really think Romo will outscore Bulger, then start Romo. If you think Crayton will outscore Evans, then start Crayton. But to start them simply because they are on the same team is foolish unless you are in some very unique league with scoring rules that give you bonus points because your fantasy QB threw an actual pass to your fantasy WR, like if you did start Romo and Crayton you get 9 points per TD instead of just 6 points poer TD if you start Bulger.

Basically, the "combo" theory is bogus and is a trap many newer players fall into thinking they are getting these "double points" when there is no advantage what so ever to doing it.

This is all you need to know.

its tough to decide. I have the same problem. i am starting Alex Smith (over P. Rivers), F. Gore and Vernon Davis. Its risky, but can also have a nice upside.

What's the problem? Assuming this is the team in your sigline, you have no other TE option, Gore is a no brainer start at RB and your only decision is between Smith and Rivers, and I think it is a very logical choice to go with Smith against Arizona over Rivers against the Bears. So, not really risky as those are the players you drafted (you assumed the risk duriing the draft, making the lineup choices is not the risky part) and based on the likely production of said players, the players that will likely score the most points.