[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To Thomas Jones or not to Thomas Jones....

jmkramer

Jump ball, IMO, maybe 90 total yards and a 50/50 chance at a score for both of them ... I might try Caddy this week, unless you read somewhere that TJ is now injury-free & ready to go, but I'm not really all that concerned about his staus as of today.

• 05SEP07 Associated Press reports: Thomas Jones looks and sounds ready to play in the Jets' season opener against the Patriots. The running back, acquired from Chicago in the offseason, has been practicing this week for the first time since straining his right calf on Aug. 12."I feel a lot better than I felt the past couple of weeks," Jones said Wednesday in his first public comments since Aug. 10, when the Jets opened the preseason with a victory over Atlanta. "The trainers have done a really good job of trying to get me back on the field," he said. "I'm going to practice today, practice tomorrow and go into the game and see how it goes." HC Mangini remained secretive, as usual, when asked about Jones' status for Sunday. "We have a lot of time left," Mangini said.