[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Defense

JaysGoingDown

Team Defense  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will succeed?

• Denver
    • Jacksonville
    • Green Bay

Why is that? Care to explain?

Jax is sitting on my wire and I don't feel comfortable with CAR's D. So I'd love to hear a little more info here.

they have one of the best DL in the game and Peterson is back in the middle(the heart and soul of that team imo)....Rashean Mathis is a very underrated CB and should get a handful of INTs this yr.....this defense wont give up much in the way of yardage or scoring and should put up good number of sacks and create above average turnovers too

they have one of the best DL in the game and Peterson is back in the middle(the heart and soul of that team imo)....Rashean Mathis is a very underrated CB and should get a handful of INTs this yr.....this defense wont give up much in the way of yardage or scoring and should put up good number of sacks and create above average turnovers too

I think that the D will be on the field alot and that is why I downgrade them in the book of Ted. If their O does good then their D will follow.

I think that the D will be on the field alot and that is why I downgrade them in the book of Ted. If their O does good then their D will follow.

last yr the titans had the most defensive plays from scrimage(1062) and Saints had the fewest(930) thats only a difference of 132 plays or just 8/game

the difference from top to bottom in 2005 was 154 plays....if anything i think the jags are going to run the ball a ton which will eat more clock and lessen the number of plays that they and their opponent get this yr.

[quote name=keggerz' date='9/7/07 5:10pm' post='2165400]

last yr the titans had the most defensive plays from scrimage(1062) and Saints had the fewest(930) thats only a difference of 132 plays or just 8/game

the difference from top to bottom in 2005 was 154 plays....if anything i think the jags are going to run the ball a ton which will eat more clock and lessen the number of plays that they and their opponent get this yr.

Wow! Nice stats. I would have guessed the differential was much bigger.

I picked JAX D first and Carolina as my backup. Luckily my local league like the big name brand defenses, but Jax was available much later. JAX D was truly nasty last year at home. I believe that whole team will have a much better year this year (although I only own the DST). They aren't flashy but I count on them being very solid and with matchups I think I can average numbers similar to the top tier Ds. I would find someone on your team that is worth cutting and pick up JAX.