[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interesting Dilemma for D/ST

bigrocks

I have both the Baltimore and Jacksonville D/STs in a 10 team standard scoring league.

Normally, I will start Baltimore, but this week they go on the road against a fairly potent Bengals attack and the Jags host the seemingly lowly Titans.

On top of that, I have Carson Palmer as my starting QB, so its tough to root for your QB and the opposing defense at the same time. If Palmer throws a pick, I get a -2 and a +2.

I’m leaning towards starting Jacksonville….. crazy??

Normally, I will start Baltimore, but this week they go on the road against a fairly potent Bengals attack and the Jags host the seemingly lowly Titans.

I think I have to agree with you on this one. Baltimore is a MONSTER D this year, and will never be a bad decision, but Jax is also pretty studly on that side of the ball. For me, the issue isn't that Baltimore is playing against Cinci, (because I think Balti's D will do well against any team), but rather that Jax is playing the Titans. The titans are going to be absolutely horrible on offense this year-- much worse than last year with the changes to their line.

You've got to exploit this match-up. The worst that happens is both D's have a monster day with Balti's D being only slightly better. The titans are NOT going to score 30 points against anyone this year, much less a solid team like the Jags.