[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 'Should I start Patrick Crayton" thread

blueapple

I thought since so many of us have come to the conclusion that he might be a very solid start this week, but we are unsure if we should sit someone we used a higher (if any) draft pick on for him.

So please post the name of the person you might sit for him. And if you can, please answer other users post and include reasons why!

Thanks!

I thought since so many of us have come to the conclusion that he might be a very solid start this week, but we are unsure if we should sit someone we used a higher (if any) draft pick on for him.

So please post the name of the person you might sit for him. And if you can, please answer other users post and include reasons why!

Thanks!

OK. Patrick Crayton (against the Giants) or D.J. Hackett (against the Bucs)

Thanks!

I'm debating between Crayton and Jerry Porter. Thinking Porter will have a bounce back year and I don't imagine the Detroit defense will stop many teams this year. Thanks!

I'm debating between Crayton and Jerry Porter. Thinking Porter will have a bounce back year and I don't imagine the Detroit defense will stop many teams this year. Thanks!

I agree with you on Porter.

He is the number one threat and whoever is the starting QB, he will be passing to him often. And like you said, the Lions don't have anyone that can shut him down.

Considering starting him over Donald Driver in one league. I love Driver, and I know from having him last season that he'll play hurt and still play well, yet I'm worried about him being slowed by the foot sprain. I also get points for return yards, but only 1/20. Worth noting, Romo is my QB in this league. Decided this was silly.

Considering him over D.J. Hackett in another where we do not get return yards. Worth noting, I'm also starting T.O. and M.B.III in this league. I do like Hackett as he has taken the second WR job, but the Giants/Cowboys game could become a very high scoring affair. Do I really want 3 players on one team in it though?

ttots, I do like Porter against a soft Detroit secondary, but the lack of QB decision worries me. Oakland is at the beginning of putting their offense back together, so things may not be clicking for them yet. I think Crayton is a safer play, potentiallly with more upside as well.

Edited by LosGatosEnFuegos

Starting him at #3 over Calvin Johnson, D.Henderson and Josh Cribbs. This league scores return yardage, so that's an added bonus. [+1 = 20]

Tough call. I don't like rookie WRs week 1. They make me nervous. I want to see them in action, even CJ, before I start relying on them. That makes me lean toward Crayton. CJ is also currently the #3, though that will create some ridiculous mismatches out of the slot.

Thanks!

How about Crayton over Clinton Portis (flex position in my league).?

My league scores 1 points for 10 yards rushing/receiving, 6 points per TD and 1 point per reception.