[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

National Championship predictions

Bushey

My prediction is not really a leap, but without the benefit of a real tournament this is how I see things turning out. It will be

LSU VS Oklahoma

Winner - LSU

Why LSU:

It is possible to go undefeated in the SEC and I don't see anything that looks scary other than the road game in Bama on their schedule. Death Valley is without a doubt the toughest place to play in college football. LSU's defense is the other reason. This is the most talented group I have ever seen. Now maybe Florida will change my mind, but that game will be in Death Valley. Even a one loss LSU gets in over an undefeated Big East team.

Why OU:

Because they won't lose a game. This group will destroy Texas and they are already at #3 in the top 25 despite having a soft schedule from here on out. Soft only beacuse of the Big 12 is just top heavy. A one loss OU will be out though. This team has something to prove and must impress weekly. Too many bad memories watching OU getting stomped in bowl games. Stoops has them dialed in already.

Why not USC:

Because they will never make it out of the PAC 10 without 2 losses. The road schedule is brutal. Nebraska is not that scary and I expect USC to roll big. They have never been afraid to leave the conference to play a big team. The issue is going to Oregon, Wash, ASU, Cal, and ending up at home vs UCLA. The team not many are talking about is ASU. Dennis Erickson has made this team believe that they can beat anyone. A 2 loss USC won't cut it.

Why not Florida:

Because they are rebuilding and have a very difficult road schedule which includes a trip to Death Valley. That is a loss.

Why not Texas: They will never get past OU and look like they may lose a few more.

Why not West Virginia: They don't play anyone. Wins over Louisville and Rutgers will not impress the voters. Even if they are undefeated, a one loss LSU gets in and deservedly so unless an undefeated team from a big conference is at #3. Leave your stadium and play a top conference opponent.

Why not Louisville: Defense wins championships and you don't have one. If Louisville played against LSU or OU, the score would be 55-14. Just a hunch. See West Virginia for the other reasons.

This is the year that college football fans implode and tear down the wall. I predict there will be several undefeated teams at the end of the season. Hopefully this will happen so that we can be on our way to making college football the greatest tournament in the world.

Possibilities include:

LSU - Tough, but that defense could make it happen.

OU - So far no weaknesses othe than a young signal caller. We will see how he does outside of Oklahoma. Huge Oline and awesome defense.

USC - So much talent, and excellent coaching, but the PAC 10 is looking stout. Very tough road schedule.

Louisville or WV - They don't play anyone, but who cares. One will be undefeated.

Penn State or Ohio State - Weak ass conference, but who cares.

UCLA - Only have a tough USC road game and dont play Cal.

Georgia Tech - Look like monsters thus far, but will be left out like Auburn a few years back. " You won all your games, I am sorry but this is college football and we let number crunching software determine who gets in."

Hawaii - Well, they have Boise State at home, so they will win out. They will be rewarded by getting into a bowl game against Notre Dame.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OU will lose two. One will be the big 12 championship game to the sips. USC will run through the wac undefeated and face an 11-0 lsu team in the mnc and will lose to the fighting waterboys by 10.

USC will declare themselves national champions, again.

OU will lose two. One will be the big 12 championship game to the sips. USC will run through the wac undefeated and face an 11-0 lsu team in the mnc and will lose to the fighting waterboys by 10.

USC will declare themselves national champions, again.

You do realize that OU cannot play UT for the Big 12 Championship, right?

I realize conversations like this are inevitable with the mythical national title granted (in part) to the team who preens the best in front of the judges. I would like to say that so much focus on this conversation in mid-September detracts from what is a fantastic weekend of college football:

Tonight: West Virginia @ Maryland

Saturday: Ohio State @ Washington, Notre Dame @ Michigan, Tennessee @ Florida, Arkansas @ Alabama, Fresno St. @ Oregon, Louisville @ Kentucky, BC @ GT, USC @ Nebraska, Hawaii @ UNLV.......

Watch the games, worry about January later!

With LSU's schedule and the fact that the National Title game is in New Orleans this year I think they are the front runners to win it all.

The only thing holding them back is the sec. Fortunately for sc the wac does not offer much competition to them.

I do find it amusing that the Big East is doing as well, if not better without Thug U and Thug North.

So far the Big East has been impressive. West Virginia's freshmen running back Noel Devine looks great. Wish LSU would have gotten that kid.

Looking forward to seeing how well Louisville does playing Kentucky this weekend. Would imagine the Wildcats would love to beat the Cardinals in football as much as Louisville fans enjoy beating Kentucky in basketball.