[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This just in - TJax sux

MikesVikes

I'm not sure if it's the play calling or the QB. It's probably both.

Pop quiz, it's 3rd and short, what do you do? If your the Vikes you throw it 30 yards down field almost all of the time. Better yet, throw it to a defender.

Adrian Peterson, we don't need him on short yardage plays. Just chuck it downfield.

If you were wondering why LT2 wasn't used near the goalline or in 3rd and short, multiply that thought by 12 and you get the Vikes.

Edited by MikesVikes

Pop quiz, it's 3rd and short, what do you do? If your the Vikes you throw it 30 yards down field almost all of the time. Better yet, throw it to a defender.

Adrian Peterson, we don't need him on short yardage plays. Just chuck it downfield.

That's how REAL men play football. Running is for girls.

If you were wondering why LT2 wasn't used near the goalline or in 3rd and short, multiply that thought by 12 and you get the Vikes.

You want Grossman?

Snippet From the Vikings Play Cheat Sheet:

3rd and 1 - Throw a 30 Yard Pass somewhere sorta near a Receiver (or a Defender, doesn't matter either way).

3rd and 8 - Throw a 5 Yard Pass and if caugt have Receiver instantly drop down short of the First Down Marker.

3rd and 15 - Run straight into the backs of the weakest side of our $100+ Million offensive line.

I bet Culpepper can be had ....

I would take him. But Childress KAO offense would reduce him to a pile of garbage as well. As I said before and has been repeated by others, the game plan seems to now include not only extremely short dump off passes which require the receiver to run for the first down, but an occassional poorly thrown deep pass into tight coverage at stupid times.

I miss Denny Green. I don't know that I'd want him as the HC, but at this point I'd take his playcalling as an OC over Childress and Bevell.

I can appreciate your frustration but Quincy Carter Tarvaris Jackson probably just needs some more time to develop...

That's pretty appropriately funny because the rumors I heard were the Cowboys were extremely interested in Jackson and that's one of the reasons the Vikings felt they had to trade up to get him.

How about this - no nickname?

This ain't the UFC.

Because Tarvaris is such a crappy name, and any parents that name their child this ought to be beaten with cane poles, put in stocks in the public square with vegetable peddlers on all sides, or both.

But we can't do anything about that, so we do the best we can with an easier name that doesn't physically assault one's eardrums when used.