[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This just in - TJax sux

MikesVikes

When Jackson went out, I was actually hoping that perhaps Holcomb would come in and generate some offense. Instead we were treated to Brooks Bollinger. Bollinger of course proceded to botch a snap and cost the Vikings the game. “I know it hit my hands, which means I need to get it,” said Bollinger. Now that's some veteran QB thinkin going on right there! :D

My biggest fear about Thelonious Jackson is that all the talent in the world won't save you from making stupid decisions...Quarterback is the one spot on the field you'll take less talent for more smarts...He's a great athlete no doubt but I have serious doubts that he can put it together mentally to lead a team at QB in the NFL...

Quincy Carter part II is right...(although to be fair he is a genious compared to that dolt)

Ok T-Jax has an excuse that this was his first road game that he's ever started. What excuse does the Offensive coordators or Head Coach have for calling an incredibly stupid game? NONE!

I don't think it's fair to call for his head so soon in his young career, but the coaches don't get that free pass.

He is going to struggle until he is able to have an answer for all that blitzing. Granted the line played poorly and having Richardson out did not help. Seemed that the Lions blitzed on every play. Its a good learning experience for him. The funny thing is, we almost won the damn game. We should have been blown out.

Guys. I don't think Jackson will ever be a quality NFL QB, but geez - he's just entered his second year in the NFL. Just 20 years ago he'd still be looking at holding the clipboard for 2-3 more years before he ever got to see the field in a regular season game for anything other than kneeling down at the end of a blowout.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Guys. I don't think Jackson will ever be a quality NFL QB, but geez - he's just entered his second year in the NFL. Just 20 years ago he'd still be looking at holding the clipboard for 2-3 more years before he ever got to see the field in a regular season game for anything other than kneeling down at the end of a blowout.

He reminds me a lot of what Tyrod Taylor would do in the pros right now...

Ok T-Jax has an excuse that this was his first road game that he's ever started. What excuse does the Offensive coordators or Head Coach have for calling an incredibly stupid game? NONE!

I don't think it's fair to call for his head so soon in his young career, but the coaches don't get that free pass.

+1

He is going to struggle until he is able to have an answer for all that blitzing. Granted the line played poorly and having Richardson out did not help. Seemed that the Lions blitzed on every play. Its a good learning experience for him. The funny thing is, we almost won the damn game. We should have been blown out.

Our multi-million dollar left guard was owned all day. You have to give him credit for the throws he did make while scrambling and fall backward. He was on the turf nearly every play.

As frustrating as it is to watch Jackson flounder, I try to remember he is very young and being thrown into the fire before he is ready. That calms me slightly until I think about the fact that the organization reached on a guy (whom they had to know would need a couple years to develop) without a real secure starting QB in place. Perhaps they thought Brad Johnson had enough left in the tank to keep the ship afloat until Jackson could come in and be ready. Perhaps Johnson's skills were overestimated or diminished more quickly than anticipated. Perhaps the often-hyped O line is as overrated as I believe they are and make it difficult for anyone who is taking the snaps. Perhaps Joe Montana would look poor throwing to the likes of Troy Williamstone & Co. In any event, the organization put themselves in this position and now its kinda miserable to watch.

One thing I am kinda curious about, too, is why they opted to keep Bollinger after they acquired Holcombe? Obviously, neither is the answer nor future. So why keep them both and lose Thigpen? I guess I would have hoped they kept Holcombe as the primary backup(or start him and give TJ more time), sent Blowllinger packing, and held on to Thigpen long enough to at least evaluate his potential. :D

One thing I am kinda curious about, too, is why they opted to keep Bollinger after they acquired Holcombe? Obviously, neither is the answer nor future. So why keep them both and lose Thigpen? I guess I would have hoped they kept Holcombe as the primary backup(or start him and give TJ more time), sent Blowllinger packing, and held on to Thigpen long enough to at least evaluate his potential. :D

Thye tried to get cute is the answer... they thought Thigpen would go unnoticed and they could sign him to their Practice Squad. They gambled and lost. The definitely should have dropped Bollinger instead. :D

Thye tried to get cute is the answer... they thought Thigpen would go unnoticed and they could sign him to their Practice Squad. They gambled and lost. The definitely should have dropped Bollinger instead. :D

Yeah, when I saw that's what they were doing with Thigpen, I was wondering Suffering succotash!. Dont get me wrong, I love a little gambling. But, in a situation like that, I am not sure you take a chance on losing a young guy with potential in order to keep two guys with whom you know what you have and you know full well its not what you want now nor long term. Poor choice that bit them as you said.

I would take him. But Childress KAO offense would reduce him to a pile of garbage as well. As I said before and has been repeated by others, the game plan seems to now include not only extremely short dump off passes which require the receiver to run for the first down, but an occassional poorly thrown deep pass into tight coverage at stupid times.

Yeah, you guys should never have hired Steve Mariucci Brad Childress.

Peace

policy

Kind of hard to be a 1/2 decent quarterback in the league when you have absolutely nobody to throw the ball to. Travis Taylor? :D

He should have been out of the league years ago.

All of his receivers would either be backups or cut on any other team.

Edited by Crazysight

Kind of hard to be a 1/2 decent quarterback in the league when you have absolutely nobody to throw the ball to. Travis Taylor? :wacko:

He should have been out of the league years ago.

All of his receivers would either be backups or cut on any other team.

:D Psssst... Travis Taylor is no longer a Viking. :D