[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New TV season this week

The Irish Doggy

Very much looking forward to Heroes. :D

Bones - may have jumped the shark with a wedding episode finale :D

House - may have jumped the shark last season. Seems they have to come up with something more ridiculous every episode.

Life - Really looking forward to this new series as I found the lead, Lewis, very watchable in Band of Brothers.

CSI - I hope the Sara character dies. I'm tired of her smug boney arse. Chick who plays the Miniature Killer is very freaky.

Stargate Atlantis - I need something to watch on SciFi until BSG comes back. :wacko::wacko:

ETA:

We have Ken Burns' The War recording on the DVR.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

I watch too much. None of the new shows have jumped out at me as ones that I will have to watch, but I too liked the actor from Band of Brothers whi is in that show Life, so I may give it a shot.

MOndays are Heroes and Prison Break (Heroes is still at 9 right, so it doesnt conflift with PB?) CSI MIami at 10

Tuesdays we are TivoIng Biggest Loser but havent watched the first two episodes yet. May not watch it. Dont remember what else is on Tuesday.. I think The Unit

Wednesday is Criminal Minds and CSI-NY

Thursday is overload day - Survivor (didnt watch first ep yet) and CSI, plus at same time Office. I think there was a show at 10pm.

Friday- watch all those shows that we Tivoed.

I generally watch a show the night after it airs, then catch up on the others on the weekends. Way too much.

I am somehow interested in the new Bionic Woman, and of course Heroes coming back. To spend at least a little quality tv time with the wife, I usually watch some DH and Ghey's Anatomy too.

I assume Fri. Night Lights is coming back, but haven't heard boo as far ar previews/promotion. What gives? Should we be worried? The rest is all sports or sports-related, baby...

Ah yes... I like FNL too, but I didn't think it was starting up until later in the season, kind of like Lost not startingtill January I believe. Heroes:Origins is on my radar when Heroes takes its hiatus. Wife still likes Vegas.. will see if I like it with no James Caan and the addition of Tom Selleck

• 6 months later...
Got hooked on 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' from reading about it in here...that is some funny stuff! :wacko:

This is the best show on TV.

My new Dark Horse is "Reaper" on the CW.

It stars the guy from The Loop as a guy who has to reclaim souls from hell. The pilot episode is directed by Kevin Smith.

I just saw a couple of episodes of this...surprisingly funny. I'm trying to catch it more.

I am somehow interested in the new Bionic Woman, and of course Heroes coming back. To spend at least a little quality tv time with the wife, I usually watch some DH and Ghey's Anatomy too.

I assume Fri. Night Lights is coming back, but haven't heard boo as far ar previews/promotion. What gives? Should we be worried? The rest is all sports or sports-related, baby...

Don't often quote myself, but just interesting to see what I thought back in September, pre-writers strike. I found 2 of my fave new shows during the strike - Eli Stone (ABC Thursday) and Dexter (CBS Sunday). Stone is over for the season now, after only 9-10 eppies, but I like it. Dex is on Showtime, but I don't get that channel - luckily, the first season replayed on CBS for the last couple months, and I'm hooked in a sick way.

Still looking forward to Heroes and FNL, but I guess we're waiting for the fall '08? Bummer. Oh well, the wife says I should read more anyway. In other news, our poolmate Marlee Matlin is stil dancing on DWTS, so we'll see how far she makes it. And we'll see if she and her family are still members at our club - just reopened this weekend....

In other news, our poolmate Marlee Matlin is stil dancing on DWTS, so we'll see how far she makes it. And we'll see if she and her family are still members at our club - just reopened this weekend....

:wacko:

That's 15 yards and loss of down for shameless and gratuitous name dropping.

Don't often quote myself, but just interesting to see what I thought back in September, pre-writers strike. I found 2 of my fave new shows during the strike - Eli Stone (ABC Thursday) and Dexter (CBS Sunday). Stone is over for the season now, after only 9-10 eppies, but I like it. Dex is on Showtime, but I don't get that channel - luckily, the first season replayed on CBS for the last couple months, and I'm hooked in a sick way.

Still looking forward to Heroes and FNL, but I guess we're waiting for the fall '08? Bummer. Oh well, the wife says I should read more anyway. In other news, our poolmate Marlee Matlin is stil dancing on DWTS, so we'll see how far she makes it. And we'll see if she and her family are still members at our club - just reopened this weekend....

Dexter is decent on CBS but you need to catch it on SHO - unedited. Most if not all the characters take on a whole new depth. The way this season pans out will really take you by surprise though.

Dexter is decent on CBS but you need to catch it on SHO - unedited. Most if not all the characters take on a whole new depth. The way this season pans out will really take you by surprise though.

I totally agree with this.

Twiley, is that just more skin and language, or are whole scenes cut from Dex on CBS? Missing the former wouldn't inspire me to pay the $, (I can tell when most of the edits are anyway,) but the latter might - or to at least get it on Netflix. Just curious...

Twiley, is that just more skin and language, or are whole scenes cut from Dex on CBS? Missing the former wouldn't inspire me to pay the $, (I can tell when most of the edits are anyway,) but the latter might - or to at least get it on Netflix. Just curious...

I've only caught one episode on CBS so my opinion may be skewed but I would say it's really the violence that they tame down. IMO, Dexter takes on a whole different persona unedited. Deb is another character too - her role is "language". She's raw and would make a sailor blush in the SHO version - that just doesn't come across as well in the CBS version.

Season 2 had some pretty graphic scenes and I'm not sure how that'll translate over to primetime since they are integral to the plot.

Edited by twiley

I just saw a couple of episodes of (Reaper)...surprisingly funny. I'm trying to catch it more.

You know, I liked it and thought it had potential... then after many episodes I was getting a very "Smallville" vibe from it where the same damn plot formula happened every episode (weird new vessel, enemy that's too easy to catch, stupid love story), and there was no interesting underlying storyarc emerging. I was getting ready to write it off.

But then they introduced the demon characters (Michael Ian Black and Ken Marino... two guys from The State, which I loved), and it looks like they are going to take the plot in an interesting direction with them... some kind of fight against the devil or something. It just might get more interesting as it goes on.

Sock is hilarious though. The characters are good. I hope they get some better writing on the story stuff.

You know, I liked it and thought it had potential... then after many episodes I was getting a very "Smallville" vibe from it where the same damn plot formula happened every episode (weird new vessel, enemy that's too easy to catch, stupid love story), and there was no interesting underlying storyarc emerging. I was getting ready to write it off.

But then they introduced the demon characters (Michael Ian Black and Ken Marino... two guys from The State, which I loved), and it looks like they are going to take the plot in an interesting direction with them... some kind of fight against the devil or something. It just might get more interesting as it goes on.

Sock is hilarious though. The characters are good. I hope they get some better writing on the story stuff.

I think I saw the episode that you're talking about - they move into an apartment and love the new neighbors, right? That does seem to have potential. Like I said, I've only seen a couple of episodes, but I can see how this show could get formulaic from episode to episode.

Sock is great.

I'm sorry guys, we're just not comfortable with who you are?

You've got something against us being gay?!

No no, it's being demons that have upset us.

Figures, go ahead and stereotype us!

(Paraphrased :wacko: Reaper's become a great show)

Well... I dunno. Have you guys ever... eaten people or anything?

That's racist. I don't have to listen to this.