[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MLB Playoff Thread

broncosn05

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a ridiculous game. I'm glad I stayed up for it.

The Padres pitching was lights-out all game, and then they got a lead in the 13th and they brought in Hoffman complete with an AC/DC montage of him striking people out... I thought it was over. Then boom... double, double, triple. Go home.

Big time baseball.

Edited by AtomicCEO

bier, my wife and i were front row, club level. what a f'n game, never seen anything quite like it live. the atmosphere there was amazing, i don't think i saw an empty seat even into the 13th inning.

upon review getting home, it looked like holliday didn't touch home. but the ball got away from the catcher anyway, hard to say what happens if the ump doesn't signal him safe. the umps clearly blew the atkins "double" call in the 8th anyway.....how the hell does a ball bounce 30 feet SIDEWAYS off the top of a smooth yellow pad? physically impossible. it hit something else, which means it went OVER the yellow pad, which means it is a homerun.

wierd game for the rockies....against the likely cy young winner peavy, they were hitting ropes left and right. then in the late innings the padres put in the rather innocuous sounding trio of bell, brocail and thatcher, and the rox can't f'n touch them. then the pads get a 2 run lead and call on their hall of fame closer, and suddenly the rockies are crushing everything again.

i am glad holliday came through, because in addition to striking out 3 times, he made a bad baserunning play to not score on atkins' single in the first....and he made a really bad defensive play on a ball hit right at him in the 8th, i believe. what a f'n sweet stroke he took off hoffman, though. :D

phillies are gonna be tough, they've been almost as hot as the rockies lately. but either way, i'm gonna enjoy october baseball in colorado while i can. :D

bier, my wife and i were front row, club level. what a f'n game, never seen anything quite like it live. the atmosphere there was amazing, i don't think i saw an empty seat even into the 13th inning.

upon review getting home, it looked like holliday didn't touch home. but the ball got away from the catcher anyway, hard to say what happens if the ump doesn't signal him safe. the umps clearly blew the atkins "double" call in the 8th anyway.....how the hell does a ball bounce 30 feet SIDEWAYS off the top of a smooth yellow pad? physically impossible. it hit something else, which means it went OVER the yellow pad, which means it is a homerun.

wierd game for the rockies....against the likely cy young winner peavy, they were hitting ropes left and right. then in the late innings the padres put in the rather innocuous sounding trio of bell, brocail and thatcher, and the rox can't f'n touch them. then the pads get a 2 run lead and call on their hall of fame closer, and suddenly the rockies are crushing everything again.

i am glad holliday came through, because in addition to striking out 3 times, he made a bad baserunning play to not score on atkins' single in the first....and he made a really bad defensive play on a ball hit right at him in the 8th, i believe. what a f'n sweet stroke he took off hoffman, though. :D

phillies are gonna be tough, they've been almost as hot as the rockies lately. but either way, i'm gonna enjoy october baseball in colorado while i can. :D

What a game that must have been. Say what you want about baseball, but a game won like that (play at the plate - even if the call was blown) can't be improved upon.

As a Cubs fan, I'm glad you and the Phillies run into each other seeing as how they're both White Hot. I'll take my chances with the DBacks, which in and of itself is a scary proposition - but you don't want to be playing the Rockies or the Phillies right now if you're in either the AL or the NL.

What a game that must have been. Say what you want about baseball, but a game won like that (play at the plate - even if the call was blown) can't be improved upon.

If I recall correctly, there were no outs, and there still would have been a runner in scoring position... and the game was tied. So I hope nobody takes anything away from the rocks because of that call at the plate. That wasn't a do or die call.

If I recall correctly, there were no outs, and there still would have been a runner in scoring position... and the game was tied. So I hope nobody takes anything away from the rocks because of that call at the plate. That wasn't a do or die call.

well, not really. there was one out on the carrol sac fly, woulda been two IF holliday didn't touch the plate and still hadn't by the time the catcher found the ball and tagged him. so if all that happened it woulda been a tie game, 2 outs, nobody on, brad hawpe at the plate. but still, given how hard everyone else had hit him, hoffman woulda been FAR from out of the inning.

well, not really. there was one out on the carrol sac fly, woulda been two IF holliday didn't touch the plate and still hadn't by the time the catcher found the ball and tagged him. so if all that happened it woulda been a tie game, 2 outs, nobody on, brad hawpe at the plate. but still, given how hard everyone else had hit him, hoffman woulda been FAR from out of the inning.

:D Stick to the Red Sox bandwagon, you obviously slipped and fell getting on the Rockies' one. :D:wacko:

actually....i forgot that they walked helton to get to carroll. helton would have made it at least to second, probably third, on the play at the plate with the ball getting away and everything. so it woulda been 2 out, hawpe at the plate with the winning run in scoring position.

still, that assumes a lot. that holliday didn't touch the plate (the ump really had a better view than any of the camera angles), and that barrett would have been able to find the ball and tag him before holliday would have just reached over and tagged the plate.

Incredible- what a game to watch in person- Coors field was going ballistic- what a game.

There really is no sport that compares to baseball when your team is in the playoffs. Pitch by pitch, the intensity, baseball playoffs are unbeatable when your team is making a run.

As much as I love the SPORT of football......Baseball playoffs are the best. period

actually....i forgot that they walked helton to get to carroll. helton would have made it at least to second, probably third, on the play at the plate with the ball getting away and everything. so it woulda been 2 out, hawpe at the plate with the winning run in scoring position.

still, that assumes a lot. that holliday didn't touch the plate (the ump really had a better view than any of the camera angles), and that barrett would have been able to find the ball and tag him before holliday would have just reached over and tagged the plate.

Clearly Hoffman was melting down, but with 2 outs that takes away any type of sac play so who's to say?

Incredible- what a game to watch in person- Coors field was going ballistic- what a game.

There really is no sport that compares to baseball when your team is in the playoffs. Pitch by pitch, the intensity, baseball playoffs are unbeatable when your team is making a run.

As much as I love the SPORT of football......Baseball playoffs are the best. period

Especially from a bettors perspective. Your mind races on every pitch thinking of all the things that could happen on that one pitch (good or bad).

+1. That and the fact that the game really is not truly decided until the last out. This is not true of any other game I can think of - the benefit of having no clock.

:D Stick to the Red Sox bandwagon, you obviously slipped and fell getting on the Rockies' one. :wacko: :wacko:

I was off by one out, there was a runner on.

I've been a Red Sox fan since birth, growing up 2 hours from Boston.

... and I watched a great Rockies game because I live in Colorado now. Never claimed to be superfan.

Meanwhile, you're a Yankees fan from LA, calling other people "bandwagon"... and you didn't even watch the game you're commenting on.

Assfinger... pointed squarely at you. :D

Hoffman traditionally blows up in big spots..He may hold the record for saves but he comes up small a lot..Rockies up 6-3 right now..Kaz just hit a granny