[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MLB Playoff Thread

broncosn05

Hoffman traditionally blows up in big spots..He may hold the record for saves but he comes up small a lot..Rockies up 6-3 right now..Kaz just hit a granny

I picked up Matsui right at the end of the HotD final to steal a base or two. Didn't work.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up Matsui right at the end of the HotD final to steal a base or two. Didn't work.

I had him at one point this year too but he took a lot of days off with his bad back

didn't seem to slow them down much between philly and the dbags. :D

Colorado had 4 days off after beating Philadelphia.

If they win tonight (10/15), they will have 8 days off before the World Series (game 1 on 10/24).

In baseball, 4 days is alot but 8 days is a whole lot more.

Colorado had 4 days off after beating Philadelphia.

If they win tonight (10/15), they will have 8 days off before the World Series (game 1 on 10/24).

In baseball, 4 days is alot but 8 days is a whole lot more.

If ever there was a home field advantage, playing in Colorado in late October must surely be it. Last night's game looked like the crowd was going skiing. In two weeks they'll show up looking like Nanouk of the North.

While I tried watching one of the Diamondbacks-Rockies games, I couldn't make it through. I had no idea who 90% of the players were.

While I hear you, they are worth a look /bc they are two of the most talented young teams in baseball. The future looks good for both, they both have a ridiculous core of young guys that can play.

AS for the ALCS- :D LET'S GO TRIBE - firmly on the Cle bandwagon

While I hear you, they are worth a look /bc they are two of the most talented young teams in baseball. The future looks good for both, they both have a ridiculous core of young guys that can play.

IMO COL is way ahead of ARZ. It's really not even close and I don't see how anyone can disagree.

Also, this run is beyond incredible, it's closer legendary.

IMO COL is way ahead of ARZ. It's really not even close and I don't see how anyone can disagree.

Also, this run is beyond incredible, it's closer to legendary.

Edited by broncosn05

Also, this run is beyond incredible, it's closer legendary.

relax. The series is over- but AZ is loaded for the future with Webb, Upton, CYoung, Drew and Reynolds. There isn't a GM in MLB that would take ANY group of young players over them - including your Rockies. BUT the Rockies are certainly the better team right now, no question.

relax. The series is over- but AZ is loaded for the future with Webb, Upton, CYoung, Drew and Reynolds. There isn't a GM in MLB that would take ANY group of young players over them - including your Rockies. BUT the Rockies are certainly the better team right now, no question.

Francis - 26

Corpas - 24

Tulo - 23

Holliday - 27

Atkins - 27

BTW you forgot Conor Jackson. And the Diamondbacks suck...

don't forget pitchers ubaldo jimenez and franklin morales, both of whom are in their early 20s. and guys like ian stewart, who aren't playing a major role....yet.

Jimenez nearly jobbed me out of the HOTD championship singlehanded this year. Now that he has learned to strike batters out, he will be a major force.

Wow.. Look at this.. This whole year there probably wasn't one Rockies fan here all year. I mean the media is hyping up the Dbacks not selling out their games. Yes, Colorado may be selling out their playoff games, but where were all these fans with two weeks to go in the regular season?? Oh yeah.. I remember.. They were all trying to get behind a horrible Bronco's team. It's cool to see how the team has all this support now, but just goes to show that there is another team (Colorado) out there with a bunch of fairweather fans. What's gonna happen next season? You're gonna sell out the opening day, then maybe 15-20,000 seats the rest of the way..

Yes, I'm a little bitter for I am a Dbacks fan and this series has just not gone their way - not one f'ng play. They've gotten it done time after time this year. Beat all odds. This game isn't over yet, but the Rockies deserve to win. They've outplayed the Dbacks this whole series. This is one hell of a ride. I'll gladly cheer on the Rockies in the WS, and will definitely welcome this new found rivalry.

But tell me Rockies fans (all one of you) if someone told you in spring training that your team would be the favorites in the NLCS, you would have laughed. Same goes for us Dbacks fans. I was just hoping for a postseason berth - but even at that thought it would be a long shot with how good the Dodgers and Padres were supposed to be. Anyway Rockies fans (again - all one of you) enjoy the victory, and good luck in the big dance. Regardless of who you play, you're gonna need luck on your side, and hope that this miracle run that you're on sticks around for 4 or 5 more games. Enjoy it!

Edited by Shorttynaz

Wow.. Look at this.. This whole year there probably wasn't one Rockies fan here all year. I mean the media is hyping up the Dbacks not selling out their games. Yes, Colorado may be selling out their playoff games, but where were all these fans with two weeks to go in the regular season?? Oh yeah.. I remember.. They were all trying to get behind a horrible Bronco's team. It's cool to see how the team has all this support now, but just goes to show that there is another team (Colorado) out there with a bunch of fairweather fans. What's gonna happen next season? You're gonna sell out the opening day, then maybe 15-20,000 seats the rest of the way..

Rockies average attendance for 2007 is 28,979. You can bet it will be higher in 2008.

I've always been inclined to root for the Rockies and attend 10-20 games a year.... I'm not saying I'm a diehard fan but I'm far from a fair weather fan...

fwiw...i'm a giants fan.. they were out a while ago. rockies gave me someone to root for..... this is not a baseball town, but what is going on shouldn't be ignored regardless of how many season ticket holder they've had.

seriously... you think yankee fans can really feel this excitement? postseason is a foregone conclusion... good for CO and their fans. big question will be if they choose to let they youngin's go next year like they've done in the past... i think that more than "losing" has driven them away from the park.... ownership indifference is a biatch