[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lamont Jordan

davepro2

Wasn't Fargas that bra salesman that Kramer tried to sell the "Bro" to, who later went on to date George's mom? :D

Sid Farkas

Vargas was Newman's opposite in "The Bizarro Jerry" episode.

Edited by Menudo

LaMont Jordan (back) returned to Raiders practice Wednesday.

That the Raiders didn't ease him back into action is a great sign for Jordan's chances of playing this week. Jordan's injury appeared to be severe in Week 4, but he had the bye to recuperate. He may be listed as "limited" and questionable on Friday, but appears to be improving ahead of schedule.

Source: Sacramento Bee

Sounds like some good news, maybe not much for this weeks match up but next week he gets KC in Oakland.

That the Raiders didn't ease him back into action is a great sign for Jordan's chances of playing this week. Jordan's injury appeared to be severe in Week 4, but he had the bye to recuperate. He may be listed as "limited" and questionable on Friday, but appears to be improving ahead of schedule.

Sounds like some good news, maybe not much for this weeks match up but next week he gets KC in Oakland.

This is great news!

Update on my previous posting

LaMont Jordan was unable to complete practice Wednesday because of his lingering back injury.

Jordan reportedly looked ready to go and was doing crunches before the workout, but coach Lane Kiffin said "It's still early. Day by day he'll feel good, then all of a sudden he won't." Dominic Rhodes and Justin Fargas split first-team reps Wednesday after Jordan left the practice field.

– Jordan's availability will determine how much work Rhodes gets in his Raiders debut. Once Jordan left practice Wedneday, Kiffin said, Fargas and Rhodes split work with the first team.

"He is different so you can add some different dimensions to your offense," Kiffin said of Rhodes. "At the same time, you don't wan to do too much with him too fast. The guy hasn't played yet and so the last thingwe want to do is put a bunch on him and try to do too much with him and he's not ven right yet with just the basic stuff. So we'll take it slow in that way."

Source: Oakland Tribune

Edited by RaiderSteve

Update on my previous posting

LaMont Jordan was unable to complete practice Wednesday because of his lingering back injury.

Jordan reportedly looked ready to go and was doing crunches before the workout, but coach Lane Kiffin said "It's still early. Day by day he'll feel good, then all of a sudden he won't." Dominic Rhodes and Justin Fargas split first-team reps Wednesday after Jordan left the practice field.

– Jordan's availability will determine how much work Rhodes gets in his Raiders debut. Once Jordan left practice Wedneday, Kiffin said, Fargas and Rhodes split work with the first team.

"He is different so you can add some different dimensions to your offense," Kiffin said of Rhodes. "At the same time, you don't wan to do too much with him too fast. The guy hasn't played yet and so the last thingwe want to do is put a bunch on him and try to do too much with him and he's not ven right yet with just the basic stuff. So we'll take it slow in that way."

Source: Oakland Tribune

I really do appreciate your updates!

Thanks

Jordan was waived in my money league. I am unsure who to drop since EVERY running back I own right now seems to be injured

I have :

Rudi Johnson

Lawrence Maroney (I am assuming he will play since this is a huge game for NE)

Jamal Lewis (gametime decision)

Kevin Jones (bye)

Anyone have any suggestions. I am thinking about waiving Jones since they really are spreading the ball in Detroit.

Update for those who have Jordan....

LaMont Jordan (back) returned to the period of Raiders practice open to the media Thursday.

The media usually gets to see about the first 30 minutes. Jordan will likely come down to a game-time decision, and his availability will hinge on how his back feels prior to Sunday's 4:05 ET start. In a tough matchup, Jordan isn't worth waiting for if you have safer options available for early games.

Jordan talks back

Posted by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer on October 11th, 2007

LaMont Jordan didn't want to get too specific, but he said enough Thursday that it's clear his back problems won't be going away any time soon.

"This is something that I've been dealing with, but this is the worst it's been in years," Jordan told reporters in the locker room following practice. "I really can't remember it feeling that bad as it did in the Miami game, but it's getting better . . . it's just a matter of how things go (Friday) and if the coaches feel comfortable with me getting out there."

Jordan said he took an injection to help reduce swelling, and was stubborn enough to hope to return to a workload which saw him carry 69 times for 354 yards 10 quarters. Jordan had 25 carries for 159 yards against Denver, 29 for 121 against Cleveland and 15 for 74 against Miami before being injured after catching a short pass just before halftime.

Then again, Jordan said his back had been hurting since camp began (he also had back trouble last year) and that there is no magic solution other than constant maintenance.

"Hopefully I do rehab, get my core straight, get my abs straight," Jordan said. "My flexibility is getting better. It's just one of those things that hopefully I can get my anti-inflammatories to work and one day I just wake up and feel better."

Jordan hedged when asked who would make the decision regarding his ability to face San Diego.

"What I won't do is get out there and if I feel like I'm going to hurt myself worse or hurt the team . . . then I'll tell coach, `Hey, I don't think I can go,' " Jordan said. "But I think right now they're leaving it up to me, asking me how I feel. The most important thing is I have to be honest about that. I guess we'll have to see Sunday."

Jordan was waived in my money league. I am unsure who to drop since EVERY running back I own right now seems to be injured

I have :

Rudi Johnson

Lawrence Maroney (I am assuming he will play since this is a huge game for NE)

Jamal Lewis (gametime decision)

Kevin Jones (bye)

Anyone have any suggestions. I am thinking about waiving Jones since they really are spreading the ball in Detroit.

Sorry KZook, but I have no sympathy (see my sig; it's a 2QB league too).