[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cut Henry? I'm in bye week hell!

Steelhead

we can only have 4 RBs on our roster. I have Gore, Henry, and Young on bye and only Lendale White is playing this week. At the draft I was ok cause for one week I figured I would just start White and whoever that one week.

With Denver on bye this week, playing PIT in week 7 and GB in week 8 I don't expect the DEN running game to do much. And my guess is Henry will be suspended by then. So I'm thinking of cutting Henry and picking up Jason Wright vs MIA or Morency vs WAS for this week. Then I would suck it up with Gore and White until Henry is suspended then I can go with White or Young depending on the matchup.

My division is pretty tight. Leader is 5-1, I'm at 4-2 with another, and the last guy is 2-4 (we had double header week in week 2). So I dont' just want to roll over this week. Here's my starters:

Huard vs CIN or Schaub @JAC

White @TB

Gore on bye

Driver vs WAS

Curtis @NYJ

Engram vs NO

Witten vs NE

Gould vs MIN

Ravens D vs STL

my opponent this week:

Eli @ATL

Barber vs NE

Rhodes @SD

Porter @SD

Welker @DAL

Jurevicius vs MIA

Dawson vs MIA

Cardinals D vs CAR

Should I just tough it out and go with 1 RB against this team or cut my 1st rd pick to get bye week filler????

Edited by Steelhead

Well think of it this way, Henry has a bye this week so no value. Next week is PIT, no value against that DEF. Then we head into week 8 and now this is the time where Henry will have his appeal heard and denied by Goodell and BYE BYE!!!!. So it might be a good idea to get rid of him.

Edited by RJV

It's a 2 man keeper league. Last year my keepers were Gore and Harrison and that's probably who I will be keeping again this year. Because if the suspension happens I can't have my keeper RB out until week 8 next year...if he has a home.

I'm riding Henry all the way into the ground. As he was my #2 pick, I really have no choice, and, no, I didn't get Young as BU. About Young, he is untested and Rat Shanahan will use RBBC, and Cutler's arm, if/when Henry goes down. I'm sure you spent a high draft pick on Henry, so you have to decide what it's worth to cut him, but I wouldn't.

I was listening to NFL Network Radio today and they said it's entirely possible Henry could drag out the whole deal and play the full season before anything is decided, so you gotta wait on his deal.

If you had somebody you could ditch for the week Wright is a good play against Miami with Lewis officially out now...but he helps you this week and who knows after.

Who to ditch? it looks like you only have a QB you can spare this week...

I'm now thinking of just cutting Young for Wright so I can field 2 RBs this week. Then I'll ride out Henry until he's suspended and then go with Lendale White and Gore as my starters. Whoever picks up Young ahead of me in waivers will either get a good starter or will make me pay thru the nose to get him. With Nalen out I guess I can hope White will score more pts than Young?

Am I nuts?

Being you are 4-2..I would just roll with 1 RB this week. I think Henry and Young are to valuable to cut.

Thanks Doc. My issue is I hate going in and taking a zero. Even if I lose then I drop to 4-3 and 2 games out of first. Not bad except I lost to both of those guys so I'm hoping to keep pace. My opponents lineup is awful so it's possible I can get a win with 1 RB. I just hate to do that.

I'm now thinking of just cutting Young for Wright so I can field 2 RBs this week. Then I'll ride out Henry until he's suspended and then go with Lendale White and Gore as my starters. Whoever picks up Young ahead of me in waivers will either get a good starter or will make me pay thru the nose to get him. With Nalen out I guess I can hope White will score more pts than Young?

Am I nuts?

I think a good play. Henry will delay this and I was disappointed Young did not get more PT last week. Any way to trade Henry and Young for a decent RB that is playing this week? It would be last minute, but someone may bite. I think the DEN RB situation would be good to avoid all together.

I think a good play. Henry will delay this and I was disappointed Young did not get more PT last week. Any way to trade Henry and Young for a decent RB that is playing this week? It would be last minute, but someone may bite. I think the DEN RB situation would be good to avoid all together.

I've tried and nobody want's either of them. It's a tough league to get trades done. problem is there is only a few guys that can take 2 RBs on their rosters since we can only keep 4 on our bench. I hate that rule and have been trying to get it changed for yrs.

Thanks Doc. My issue is I hate going in and taking a zero. Even if I lose then I drop to 4-3 and 2 games out of first. Not bad except I lost to both of those guys so I'm hoping to keep pace. My opponents lineup is awful so it's possible I can get a win with 1 RB. I just hate to do that.

I understand. at the same time you want to keep that Denver running game for the playoffs.would suck to know at playoff time you dropped a guy who was getting 100 almost every week.

I understand. at the same time you want to keep that Denver running game for the playoffs.would suck to know at playoff time you dropped a guy who was getting 100 almost every week.

Another good point. I would hate to not have Young and be starting Gore and White. If I cut Young I defintely will not be getting him back unless I can work out something with the guy who's got the top waiver pick next week.

Another good point. I would hate to not have Young and be starting Gore and White. If I cut Young I defintely will not be getting him back unless I can work out something with the guy who's got the top waiver pick next week.

I know it is a dumb question but when I seen you said Wright was available I have to ask. Ernest Graham is gone right? at least with him you would have a full time starter.

I know it is a dumb question but when I seen you said Wright was available I have to ask. Ernest Graham is gone right? at least with him you would have a full time starter.

Graham is gone. Here's what's available:

Wright

Foster

Fred Taylor

Fargas

Morency

Tatum Bell

Wright has the best matchup for this week. If I cut Young I was going to put in for him and when I dont' get him then go for Foster, Taylor, or Bell if he's traded. Not great options but when Henry gets suspended then I can platoon my RB2 with Lendale White or one of those options. If Gore picks up then I could deal with White or someone else. My current roster is

Kitna, Huard, Schaub

Gore, White, Henry, Young

Harrison, Driver, Engram, Curtis, Chris Henry

Witten

Gould

Ravens D

I think you could cut Young and get him back later. If Henry keeps dragging this thing out, nobody in your league will be able to wait on Young except you.

+1 to this. The other owners have the same roster constraints you have. I'm in a league like this as well and it's tough to ride out injuries. I've got Jordan and Selvin on that roster. As soon as I hear how that appeal goes, I'll probably have to dump young as well.

Looking at the rosters there's really only 3 teams ahead of me that are carrying only 3 RBs right now or have someone they can cut to blockk me from getting Young again. It might be worth the risk to be able to put my best team out this week. In the past teams have taken a zero with a TE on bye, but taking a zero from a TE is different than taking one from a RB.