[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Please advise me on this trade (Performance Based League)

DNorbsODS

My league is performance based.

1 point for 10 yards receiving or rushing (backs or receivers)

6 points for TD (rushing, receiving, passing)

Bonuses at the 100 (200, 300 etc.) mark, bonuses for long TD's

In my league, each week you must start

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 Kicker

1 Defense/ Special Teams

My current roster is as such (including reserves):

QB - Matt Hasselbeck, Matt Schaub

RB - Larry Johnson, Frank Gore, Edgerrin James Ahman Green

WR - Steve Smith, Santonio Holmes, Nate Burleson, Derrick mason

TE- Kellen Winslow, Randy McMichael

Kicker - Nick Fol, Ryan Longwell

D/ST - Cowboys, Seahawks

In case this is useful, I recently made two pretty big trades. In one, I had Reggie Wayne and traded him straight up for Larry Johnson. In another, I traded Jason Witten and Brandon Jacobs for Kellen Winslow and Edge.

Obviously, since losing Wayne, my team needs a strong #2 receiver. The guys I have other than Steve Smith are inconsistent.

The guy I am trading with has the following roster

QB: Vince Young, Jay Cutler

RB: Travis Henry, Willie Parker, Derrick Ward, Julius Jones

WR: Larry Fitzgerald, Javon Walker, Anthony Gonzalez, Bobby Engram, Deion Branch (injured)

TE: Owen Daniels, Jeb Putzier

K: Wilkins, Gotskowski

D/ST: Eagles, Bills

I personally think his team is pretty bad. Due to some VERY lucky matchups, he is 5-1, even with the second lowest points in the league. I think he knows his luck is going to run out, and that his current team is going nowhere.

He wants one of the following RBs from me: Gore, Edge, Larry Johnson

He is offering Fitz or Javon Walker straight up for any of these. Personally i think I could get higher value for one of these RB's, but I'm not sure. He also doesn't have anything else on his team that interests me to sweeten the deal.

So would you trade any of those RB's (Gore, LJ, or Edge) straight up for Javon Walker or Larry Fitzgerald? Looking at their numbers, J Walker and Fitz aren't even much better than my current #2, Santonio Holmes.

The only throw-in I could think of would be Owen Daniels, and even then, it seems like this trade wouldn't do me much good.

Gore, LJ, or Edge for Javon Walker/Owen Daniels? :D

I don't think this guy has what I need to be trading with me...what do you guys think?

Well, I wouldn't trade LJ for Fitz straight up, especially since you traded Wayne for LJ. Would you consider Fitz for Wayne a good deal? Uh... no.

You don't need Owen Daniels, so scratch that idea (plus he REALLY needs Owen Daniels, so why would he trade his only valuable TE).

The more I look at this, the more I just don't like his receivers. The only thing I would maybe entertain is Edge for Javon. Edge might be seeing an awful lot of 8-man fronts if Tim Rattay is their QB the rest of this year (and that looks likely unless they find someone else - Jeff George anyone?) But I don't know how I feel about Javon's injury history. See if you can find another taker for Edge - preferably a safer pick at WR. Javon and Fitz seem risky to me.