[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Graham or Bennett? Who will be the main guy?

Steelhead

Graham is going to be the main RB there for at least the next few weeks maybe longer.

In the 2 weeks that Graham was given the main role he played Indy and Tennessee. Both of those teams are stout versus the run. Let's see how Graham does aganst the Lions this week before we throw him away and anoint Bennett the main RB.

In the 2 weeks that Graham was given the main role he played Indy and Tennessee. Both of those teams are stout versus the run. Let's see how Graham does aganst the Lions this week before we throw him away and anoint Bennett the main RB.

I agree...you beat me to it........

Fine, tough Ds, I get that. Solid RBs might not go off against tough Ds but they tend to do better than 40 total yds every two games. Against Carolina, a team in the bottom half of the league in terms of not allowing FF pts to RBs, he averaged a whopping 2.8 ypc.

What needs to be remembered here is that they lost not only Cadillac, but have some O-line issues as well.

Methinks that if this becomes an issue for you, you have some real trouble at the RB position.

Both of these guys are stiffs.

You said that about Ronnie Brown too Furd:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...;hl=brown+lewis

Brown may still flame out, but he's not a stiff. Bennett has been dinged up over the years, but he's not a stiff.

My two cents, I think it was a depth only move, along with the Crockett signing. What worries me is the possibility of Crockett at the goal line (being a Graham apologist on two teams). I don't think Bennett will do much of anything, he didn't do much behind good lines in Minny and KC, why would it start now? He's not tough, not as fast as he used to be, and has never taken on the main role - for a reason. Even in this spot, I can't imagine him beating out Graham, who offers plenty to the Tampa scene (Florida angle). I expect big things from Graham this week, and think this is the one to measure him on.

don't think Bennett will do much of anything, he didn't do much behind good lines in Minny and KC, why would it start now?

In 2002 he got nearly 1300 yards rushing, 37 catches, 350 receiving yards and a pro-bowl appearance. His career rushing average is 4.5 YPC. His ability to perform wasn't really a question, it is his durability that cost him the primary RB job at Minnesota. He is not competing with Larry Johnson for carries now, he is competing with Earnest Graham.

In 2002 he got nearly 1300 yards rushing, 37 catches, 350 receiving yards and a pro-bowl appearance. His career rushing average is 4.5 YPC. His ability to perform wasn't really a question, it is his durability that cost him the primary RB job at Minnesota. He is not competing with Larry Johnson for carries now, he is competing with Earnest Graham.

+1

Yep. Injuries derailed his career. He was lethal that year in 2002 with Randy and Co. stretching the field.

My two cents, I think it was a depth only move, along with the Crockett signing. What worries me is the possibility of Crockett at the goal line (being a Graham apologist on two teams). I don't think Bennett will do much of anything, he didn't do much behind good lines in Minny and KC, why would it start now? He's not tough, not as fast as he used to be, and has never taken on the main role - for a reason. Even in this spot, I can't imagine him beating out Graham, who offers plenty to the Tampa scene (Florida angle). I expect big things from Graham this week, and think this is the one to measure him on.

Exactly what I was gonna write.

So what, that was nearly 5 years ago. Everyone keeps saying how fast Bennett is, sorry but he's not fast anymore. Did you all know he raced Brian Waters in the 40 last year as a joke and pulled his hammy, and that's the reason he was out for a few weeks last year? Might I add that Waters won the race :D

Bennett is nothing more than a 3rd down back with little durability. He can hit the holes if they are there and he can show some decent burst and gain yards, but he's not an every down back. His best season was 5 years ago and in a powerful offense with Moss as a downfield threat. Sorry, but TB is a ball control offense. You Bennett supporters all are really expecting too much out of him IMO.

Edited by Hat Trick

How did Chadman know?

Eerie.

I dunno, but for some reason him and I agree on a lot of things Chiefs related, such as Muck and you agree that the Chiefs are a terrible team, right?

Edited by Hat Trick

So what, that was nearly 5 years ago.

I was correcting the poster claiming he never was a primary back or never produced. Because, after all, there is football played outside of Kansas City. You Earnest Graham supporters are forgetting he is 4th year player behind Michael Pittman on the depth chart for a reason. Regardless, we will see how it plays out over the next couple weeks.

Edited by bushwacked

I was correcting the poster claiming he never was a primary back. And you Earnest Graham supporters are forgetting he was 4th year player behind Michael Pittman on the depth chart for a reason. Regardless, we will see how it plays out over the next couple weeks.

oops, and fair enough, I see a split personally.

I dunno, but for some reason him and I agree on a lot of things Chiefs related, such as Muck and you agree that the Chiefs are a terrible team, right?

That's the beauty of the NFL. On the surface the Chiefs look bad. Lots of question marks. But they now have the look of a .500 team. I don't see them making a run to the playoffs, but they are winning games.

The funny thing is I totally miscalculated the Jared Allen effect. If he plays the whole season we might be 5-1. He would have easily made an huge impact in the Chicago game.