[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts vs Panthers

PantherDave

Trap game-I dunno? I do feel that the Panthers will not implode like they did the first two home games and will give the Colts their best shot, will it be enough? It is a tough task whenever the Ponies come into any NFL town, but I feel the DT has finally woken up with Beason at MLB and Peppers coming out of the fog he was in for the first 5 games, as he showed up in week 6-finally. Fox is not saying who will start- I say it will be Vinny, as the team has bonded to him much more so than Carr. Smitty seems to be energized by Vinny more so than Carr as well, so time will tell. This will be no cake walk for Manning and company in Charlotte come Sunday. Colts just coming off a division game on the road and could be looking ahead to week 9 vs the Pats-perfect set-up for a trap game in week 8.

Panthers are the only NFL team the Colts have never defeated.

This will change I think. If the Panthers D show up they will just slow them down but I dont think the Colts are stopable right now. Plus Vinny has a tendancy to have a good game followed by a horrible game.

This will change I think. If the Panthers D show up they will just slow them down but I dont think the Colts are stopable right now. Plus Vinny has a tendancy to have a good game followed by a horrible game.

We shall see, I think it's going to be a knock down drag out myself, after the two rotten eggs left on the feild-expect a very different effort come Sunday from the Panthers.

I honestly think that the Colts will embarass the Panthers in their own building. Manning should be able to shred that secondary, thus opening things up for Addai later in the game. The only way this game is close is if the Colts are looking past the Cats to the Patriot matchup. Freeney might send Testies into retirement for good and Sanders will make the Cats running game non existent.

I honestly think that the Colts will embarass the Panthers in their own building. Manning should be able to shred that secondary, thus opening things up for Addai later in the game. The only way this game is close is if the Colts are looking past the Cats to the Patriot matchup. Freeney might send Testies into retirement for good and Sanders will make the Cats running game non existent.

As much as I hate you right now, I have to agree with this. The facts are the facts. While the Panthers are totally capable of beating tthe Colts, it's only about twice a year we have a good game at home. Two years ago, we had a great game and pulled a win at home, over the Pats, so we can certainly do it.

I feel the chance is best in Vinny's hands, but I can only see the Panthers winning (or should I say, the Colts losing?), if it turns out to be a trap game. I dont see the D showing up for this game, not at home. Something happens to this team when they don't have to get on a plane. It's like they feel no worry, and just think it's an automatic win, which is odd, because they never win at home.

Hopefully the magnitude of the Colts will wake this team up for the home crowd

34-13.

Now this is nutty. The most i'd go is 31-17, but I could see 27-17 easy. Either way, 4-3 in the NFC South is NOT what I want, with the Saints getting their head out of their collective asses.

I totally agree with you on this. The Panthers plain stink at home and have not won a game at home since their 15-0 shutout of the Rams last season in the middle of November. Each game since December and September has been NOT even close with the Panthers losing each game by a total of 19 points on average. Now, the Colts roll into town with their offensive juggernaut and our inability to play tough at home, I unfortunately must guess that we will lose by more than 3 TDs.

Hopefully, I am wrong, but I just see this one as another blowout at home with the Panthers getting run out of their own building. :D

Well, the Colts have only six days to prepare and have to play on the road. As average as Carolina may be, they're still a talented and dangerous team. But methinks that the Colts will remember that bullcrap reverse on that interception call against CAR back in '03 that cost them the game. They'll be focused on beating CAR, rather than looking ahead next week to the Pats.

I haven't forgot about it. Still a terrible call.

That and the fact the Colts couldn't tackle DeShaun Foster that day.

Didn't see it. I was at Disney MGM with my kids that day trying to get updates on the score of the game. :D Fond memories with good times with my family and a big Carolina win. :D

Trap game-I dunno? I do feel that the Panthers will not implode like they did the first two home games and will give the Colts their best shot, will it be enough? It is a tough task whenever the Ponies come into any NFL town, but I feel the DT has finally woken up with Beason at MLB and Peppers coming out of the fog he was in for the first 5 games, as he showed up in week 6-finally. Fox is not saying who will start- I say it will be Vinny, as the team has bonded to him much more so than Carr. Smitty seems to be energized by Vinny more so than Carr as well, so time will tell. This will be no cake walk for Manning and company in Charlotte come Sunday. Colts just coming off a division game on the road and could be looking ahead to week 9 vs the Pats-perfect set-up for a trap game in week 8.

When was the last time the Panthers won at home?

When was the last time the Panthers won at home?

They do have problems at home for whatever reason. That shouldn't be the case with the Colts though.

I plan on attending, since Peyton won't be back to Charlotte for another 8 years. Might be my only chance to see him play.

That said, I would expect the game to look pretty similar to last night's. Not a blow out, but not particularly close either...

I'm guessing Williams will get a majority of the carries?? Any Panthers fans know?

No, I don't think anyone even knows. There was a interesting article in the Charlotte paper the other day that talks about some of the important decisions that Fox may need to make if they are to make the playoffs in the weak NFC South.

4 moves

To summarize the article the beat writer suggests starting:

Start Carr

Keep Beason in the middle and move Morgan to the Weak side

Start Williams

Start McGlover

We are 4-2, but it is a very shaky 4-2 and we need to make some changes to move in the right direction. I would actually like to see all four of those roster decisions to put in play, but knowing how conversative Fox is, I think only starting Carr over Vinny is the only change he will use. Perhaps, I will be wrong about Fox, but I think Beason goes back outside and Foster and Rucker continue to start.

As for earlier post about the RB situation... I would assume it is still Foster until Fox surprises everyone and names DW as the starter.

This will be no cake walk for Manning and company in Charlotte come Sunday.

That's what the Jags were saying. :D Seriously though...I think it will be a tough game, but one the Colts should win without as much trouble as you're hoping for.

I think the Cat's are going to come to play ( at home ) finally, as with all things like this...it has to end sometime. I truly think it's going to be one of the best games played Sunday. Why? I don't know exactly, but I feel the Panthers will be ready for this one....two weeks to get ready and all that mojo. I think you will see the front four play their best game of the season and create havoc-especially Peppers. The DT will step up come Sunday....no way since the "call out" that they don't come out flying to the football...and the "foot" of Kasay will come into play.

I think the Cat's are going to come to play ( at home ) finally, as with all things like this...it has to end sometime. I truly think it's going to be one of the best games played Sunday. Why? I don't know exactly, but I feel the Panthers will be ready for this one....two weeks to get ready and all that mojo. I think you will see the front four play their best game of the season and create havoc-especially Peppers. The DT will step up come Sunday....no way since the "call out" that they don't come out flying to the football...and the "foot" of Kasay will come into play.

OK...now I know yer fishing. :D

Edited by Hitman