[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, I just Geeked out hard.

PantherDave

As some know, I collect, sale and broker comic books. I also have an office in which I "work" on this aspect of our income. Well, I went out and got some 8 1/2 x 12 photo paper and a photo quality ink cartridges. I hit Michaels ( a picture/frame/craft store) and got some frames. My office now has my favorite covers adjoining the walls.....Swamp Thing # 9 Bernie Wrightson....Werewolf by Night # 15 Mike Ploog.....Amazing Spider-Man # 129 Gil Kane....Silver Surfer # 4 Buscema....Incredible Hulk # 181 Herb Trimpe.....Green Lantern-Green Arrow # 76 Neil Adams....Conan the Barbarian # 1 Barry Smith. I've got more to do, but it looks killer....well in my eye's anyway. Going to do some very erotic and sexy Vampirella covers over the weekend and some Steve Ditko as well. OK, I'm done Geeking out...for now.

As some know, I collect, sale and broker comic books. I also have an office in which I "work" on this aspect of our income. Well, I went out and got some 8 1/2 x 12 photo paper and a photo quality ink cartridges. I hit Michaels ( a picture/frame/craft store) and got some frames. My office now has my favorite covers adjoining the walls.....Swamp Thing # 9 Bernie Wrightson....Werewolf by Night # 15 Mike Ploog.....Amazing Spider-Man # 129 Gil Kane....Silver Surfer # 4 Buscema....Incredible Hulk # 181 Herb Trimpe.....Green Lantern-Green Arrow # 76 Neil Adams....Conan the Barbarian # 1 Barry Smith. I've got more to do, but it looks killer....well in my eye's anyway. Going to do some very erotic and sexy Vampirella covers over the weekend and some Steve Ditko as well. OK, I'm done Geeking out...for now.

I have The Tick #1 and #2, mint condition. How much will ya give me for 'em? :D

I have a boatload of comic book charactor .psd files i could send to you on cd for you to work with, they are great quality. I used some of them on the JLA i did for Irish this season.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/60142

If you want my collection, i already have your addy, let me know.

I have a boatload of comic book charactor .psd files i could send to you on cd for you to work with, they are great quality. I used some of them on the JLA i did for Irish this season.

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2007/home/60142

If you want my collection, i already have your addy, let me know.

I'm in the JLA....Men of Steel, and I like to plunder the collection and fug around with them, but thanks for thinking about me.

http://www.atoc55.dsl.pipex.com/comics/strikes.htm

I love the "Vampirella Strikes #6- regular cover", but Mrs. PD shot that one down due to the blood and the girls going into the room :D

The "Alternate Cover" #6 is awesome as well.....just don't own it yet.

Edited by PantherDave

Do you collect newer comics? I'm into the whole "british invasion" authors: Warren Ellis, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, Mike Carey, Jamie Delano, Neal Gaiman, Peter Milligan, Andy Diggle, Alan Moore, and Bill Winningham. I always wonder what they are smoking over there. Plus, I can't leave out Brian K. Vaughn, Geoff Johns, and Brian Azarello.

I have the full run of Milligan's "Shade the Changing Man"; worth anything? What about Morrison's "Doom Patrol" or "Animal Man"?

Do you collect newer comics? I'm into the whole "british invasion" authors: Warren Ellis, Grant Morrison, Garth Ennis, Mike Carey, Jamie Delano, Neal Gaiman, Peter Milligan, Andy Diggle, Alan Moore, and Bill Winningham. I always wonder what they are smoking over there. Plus, I can't leave out Brian K. Vaughn, Geoff Johns, and Brian Azarello.

I have the full run of Milligan's "Shade the Changing Man"; worth anything? What about Morrison's "Doom Patrol" or "Animal Man"?

I don't collect moderns to much, as I keep up with Batman and the JLA, although that has slipped as I'm letting all the "52" and other stuff go to TPB so I can sit and read the whole arc at my leisure. The moderns I do collect are Vampirella covers, Witch Blade Variant covers from the Cons, Shi-covers....OK, I collect comics with scantly clad women on the cover.....luv's me some Vampirella covers!!!!!!

What something is "worth" is this business is driven by what people buy, as the titles you've mentioned above may have a following, but don't have a "buying force" in the market. As for "Doom Patrol", there 1st app in " My Greatest Adventure" # 80 goes for over a $100 in mid-grade and between $600-$900 in High Grade. Animal Man's 1st app in "Strange Adventures" #180 goes for around $30-$40 in Mid Grade to around $200-$225 in High Grade, none outside of this issue garner much market interest.

How much is the Incredible Hulk mag #181 with the first appearance of Wolverine in it worth? Not mint, unfortunately, but good. I've suspected with Wolverine's popularity, that one should be worth a bit.

I also lucked into the entire Wolverine in Japan series in mint...

Hulk # 181 in Mid Grade goes anywhere from $350-$550.

Hulk # 181 in Mid Grade goes anywhere from $350-$550.

Sweet. Now do these things continue to gain value over time? Probably a stoopid question, but since this is something that isn't say, a #1, I assume there is some sort of ceiling to the value? Do they gain value as copies leave the market? I'm not a collector of anything and don't relally know how any of this works. (The mags were given to me some years ago...)