[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Whopper Trade - Done - Please settle my nerves

3rdnlong

12 man league: Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D/ST

My team:

Romo, D. Anderson

M. Lynch, Maroney, T. Jones, T. Henry, K. Keith

T.Owens, B. Edwards, D. Stallworth, S. Moss, J. Walker*

V. Davis, O. Daniels

Jeff Reed

Patriots DST, Raiders DST (Pats bye next week)

His Team:

V. Young, Culpepper

A. Peterson, J. Addai, Graham, W. Dunn, Chris Brown

Driver, H. Ward, R. White, S. Mcdonald, V. Jackson

Witten, Dallas Clark

Nick Folk

Ravens DST

I drafted Brees, Romo, and picked up D. Anderson.

I traded Brees for a major WR upgrade.

Now I plan to trade Romo for a major RB, TE upgrade.

Here it is:

T. Romo + M. Lynch + K. Keith for Adrian Peterson + Jason Witten

This trade is done, and I feel a little unnerved at such a monster exchange of players. Please offer your thoughts.

As always, Leave a link, and I'll try to settle your nerves in return.

Who's to say. I got sh*t for drafting Tom Brady as my number one this year because the "conventional wisdom" is against drafting QBs that soon when they'll still be available in later rounds. But I had a feeling he would go off this year and I really didnt want to F around when I knew I wanted Brady. Meanwhile most of the conventional #1s have been pretty average. That being said, if you see the benefit of your trade, then time will only tell if you are validated. And if you really want a guy, especially in a keeper league, then go for it.

On the other hand, I think you gave up a little too much for Adrian Peterson. You basically gave up three guys for him -- two of which are fantasy studs in their own right. AP is not likely to go off that same way anytime soon. You probably have jitters because your gut told you the same thing. Im not rubbing it in, because we've all been susceptible to the buzz and the gotta-haves. But for future trades look for the warning signs of frenzy and project yourself to the "morning after" -- if you are old enough to remember the frenzy of cabbage patch dolls when parents were engaging in hand to hand combat for them. The day after Christmas no one gave a crap

Edited by trezmal

Agreed that you probably gave up too much, but only because this guy was really hurting at QB. You could have made him pay more. He would have probably taken Maroney instead of Lynch. Witten is a solid pickup though, and you've improved somewhat at TE and RB. But for Romo, and knowing this guy was starting VY, you could have gotten more.

Solid words, guys. That is what I suspected. I should have given up someone besides Lynch. Good news is that I AM definitely already in the playoffs, and Derek Anderson's last 4 weeks look perfect. So I may take a hit or two in the coming weeks, but when the time comes for it to matter, my team should be top notch (barring no #@$% injuries).

Thanks for your honesty. I'll learn from this, and be less trigger happy in the future.