[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops- November

PantherDave

Well, it's go time, as the Pack has finished up the exhibition season and will start the regular season on November 15th in Raleigh. The Pack can make some nice strides this month with a Tournament and the ACC/Big 10 Challenge. Here is the Wolf Packs November schedule.

Nov 15th vs William and Mary-Raleigh NC

Nov 18th vs New Orleans-Raleigh NC

Old Spice Classic-Orlando Fla

Nov 22nd vs Rider

Nov 23rd vs Penn State or South Carolina

Nov 25th vs TBD

ACC/Big 10 Challenge

Nov 28th vs Michigan St.-East Lansing, Mich

That is a glimpse of November for the Wolf Pack and I like the fact that they will get some quality competition this month instead of just some glorified scrimmages vs lesser opponents. So, my bretheren, what's on tap for your schools this month??

Here is Duke's November schedule.

Fri, Nov 09 N.C. Central Durham, N.C.

Mon, Nov 12 New Mexico State Durham, N.C.

Maui Invitational:

Mon, Nov 19 Princeton at Lahaina, Hawai'i

Tue, Nov 20 Arizona State/Illinois at Lahaina, Hawai'i

Wed, Nov 21 Championship Game at Lahaina, Hawai'i

Sun, Nov 25 Eastern Kentucky Durham, N.C.

ACC/Big Ten Challenge:

Tue, Nov 27 Wisconsin Durham, N.C.

It'll be fun to watch the young guys early on. I'm in football mode still but I'm getting in college bball mode too.

Edited by Timmypg

Well, it wasn't pretty, but the Tar Heels got a very good win for the season opener in Charlotte last night. Davidson is a tough team, returning all 5 starters from a team that won 29 games last year. And I'm with Roy on this one; it was exactly the kind of game the Heels needed. Nothing like a smack in the face early in the year to remind you that you're not the hot $hit you think you are, especially when you're ranked #1 in the country preseason. Remember Santa Clara anybody? Those Heels started the season thinking their stuff didn;t stink either.

Hansbrough had a solid first half, but allowed Davidson to get in his head in the second. They were playing really rough with him, and the refs were letting it go (despite calling Tyler for some pretty ticky-tack fouls). Tyler had 2 points in the second half, Lawson spent most of the first half on the bench in foul trouble, and only had 1 assist in the game. If you just quoted me those 2 stats about the game, I would have said that the Heels lost, but our depth helped us overcome. Ellington looked strong last night and I really think he's primed for a big year. We got good contributions from Danny Green, Bobby Frasor, QT and Marcus Ginyard absolutely shut down Stephen Curry in the last 5 minutes.

All in all, an ungly game, but a solid win. Davidson has Dook, UCLA, and NC State on its upcoming schedule. I wouldn;t be suprised if they catch one of those guys sleeping.

Well, it wasn't pretty, but the Tar Heels got a very good win for the season opener in Charlotte last night. Davidson is a tough team, returning all 5 starters from a team that won 29 games last year. And I'm with Roy on this one; it was exactly the kind of game the Heels needed. Nothing like a smack in the face early in the year to remind you that you're not the hot $hit you think you are, especially when you're ranked #1 in the country preseason. Remember Santa Clara anybody? Those Heels started the season thinking their stuff didn;t stink either.

Hansbrough had a solid first half, but allowed Davidson to get in his head in the second. They were playing really rough with him, and the refs were letting it go (despite calling Tyler for some pretty ticky-tack fouls). Tyler had 2 points in the second half, Lawson spent most of the first half on the bench in foul trouble, and only had 1 assist in the game. If you just quoted me those 2 stats about the game, I would have said that the Heels lost, but our depth helped us overcome. Ellington looked strong last night and I really think he's primed for a big year. We got good contributions from Danny Green, Bobby Frasor, QT and Marcus Ginyard absolutely shut down Stephen Curry in the last 5 minutes.

All in all, an ungly game, but a solid win. Davidson has Dook, UCLA, and NC State on its upcoming schedule. I wouldn;t be suprised if they catch one of those guys sleeping.

Nice gut check opener for the Heels B, and yes, the Davidson game is going to be a good one, as they are a solid ball club. Pack opens tonight in Raleigh and I'm ready for some Hoops!!!!

UVA gets their first real test this saturday with trip out to Wildcat country! There seems to be some depth on this team that hasn't been around for many years. Unfortunately, our big man, Tunji, is already out with knee surgury so the backcourt is once again vulnerable. Since we're not in conference play just yet, I'll expect all you ACC bretheren to be rooting for the HOOS this saturday in hopes of quieting down that competing PAC10 thread claiming to be the best hoops conference top to bottom!

GO HOOS!!!!

Well, the JJ Hickson era is under-way, as the 5 Star Frosh hangs 31 pts on William and Mary. He will see tougher comp down the road, but this kid is a monster and has put McCauley on the bench already. He is very similar to a young Shawn Kemp, as he is already being dubbed "man-child". The Pack started a little sluggish on the defensive end, but picked it up dramtically at the end of the first and then into the second half vs W and M. I can see a line up of McCauley, Hickson and Costner when they start conference play, as I don't think last night line-up will be the season long starting five. Having those kind of options is nice this year, as McCauley only logged 14 mins vs W n M, but as in Hoops, if you have a man they can't stop..well ya keep feeding him the rock. Hickson had 5 offensive rebounds and 4 he put back in for points..8 pts off of attacking glass. Very nice start to the season in Raleigh and the new force on Tobacco Road...JJ Hickson.

JJ's night

12-12 FG ATT

No WolfPack Frosh has ever scored more points in his debut

NCSU single Game scoring record in the history of the RBC Center( 9 years)

7-10 from the line (70%)

31 points(8 pts off Offensive rebounds)

UVA gets their first real test this saturday with trip out to Wildcat country! There seems to be some depth on this team that hasn't been around for many years. Unfortunately, our big man, Tunji, is already out with knee surgury so the backcourt is once again vulnerable. Since we're not in conference play just yet, I'll expect all you ACC bretheren to be rooting for the HOOS this saturday in hopes of quieting down that competing PAC10 thread claiming to be the best hoops conference top to bottom!

GO HOOS!!!!

Absolutely!!! Also, we need to pull for the Canes to win their Tourney this weekend, as it will help the Conf power rating. ACC ACC ACC ACC!!!!!!!!

Well, the JJ Hickson era is under-way, as the 5 Star Frosh hangs 31 pts on William and Mary. He will see tougher comp down the road, but this kid is a monster and has put McCauley on the bench already. He is very similar to a young Shawn Kemp, as he is already being dubbed "man-child". The Pack started a little sluggish on the defensive end, but picked it up dramtically at the end of the first and then into the second half vs W and M. I can see a line up of McCauley, Hickson and Costner when they start conference play, as I don't think last night line-up will be the season long starting five. Having those kind of options is nice this year, as McCauley only logged 14 mins vs W n M, but as in Hoops, if you have a man they can't stop..well ya keep feeding him the rock. Hickson had 5 offensive rebounds and 4 he put back in for points..8 pts off of attacking glass. Very nice start to the season in Raleigh and the new force on Tobacco Road...JJ Hickson.

JJ's night

12-12 FG ATT

No WolfPack Frosh has ever scored more points in his debut

NCSU single Game scoring record in the history of the RBC Center( 9 years)

7-10 from the line (70%)

31 points(8 pts off Offensive rebounds)

Awesome start for JJ. Whats the chances he sticks around for a couple years?

Hey PD! At home? To New Orleans?

Whoopsie!! :D

What happened to those Wolfpack world beaters??:D

Oh and the Tar Heels opened up a can of whoopass on Iona tonight.

Edited by billay

Nice win for the Hoos!

Hey wildcat, what's up with Lute?

yeah- wow, UA certainly has had problems with UVA of late. Not sure on Lute- there were rumors last year that he was showing signs of Parkinson's - strictly rumors and he shot them down- supposed to be back soon I think.

UA used to never lose, especially in non conference games at home, just not the case anymore.

It is going to take UA some time to jell.

Yup- looks like the ACC jumped the Pac 10 in Sagarin already- Gonna Be a Fun Year -

Not sure on Lute- there were rumors last year that he was showing signs of Parkinson's - strictly rumors and he shot them down- supposed to be back soon I think.

:D Jeez, I hope that's not the case. Strange though, for such a high profile coach to miss games without any explanation.

Oh, and NC State certainly didn;t help the ACC's standing! :D

:wacko:

So far so good for Duke. I really like this team early. Great depth & a fun offense.

They're have a lot of interchangeable parts, that's for sure. I noticed that only 7 guys played significant minutes last night, so their depth has been overstated a bit in the press. Zoubek was a nonfactor (6 minutes) and Paulus wasn't out there as much either. I think he's too much of a liability on defense.

Dook played welll though, good defense, good hustle. Mike always has his kids ready to play. Not much size, but much more athletecism than last year.

Duke started the dominance of the Big 10 by defeating Illinois,

Watched the Marquette game and noted Duke will have a really hard time against the heels and any other team with a big frontcourt. Unless their driving get's the big frontcourt in foul trouble by "blocking".

They have some good outside shooters and as always great foul shooting.

With one senior (Nelson) we should be a really good team for the next couple of years.

Go Duke!

A top 20 team got their butts handed to them tonight by the Dookies. This team is for real.

Wisconsin wouldn't be the first decent basketball team to get shellshocked in Cameron. It really is a difficult place to play and its great for stoking up the Dookies and getting them to play over their heads. :D They did look good last night though. At one point King was 5-6 from the 3 point line. I don't know how he finished up however. This Dook team (like most, but even moreso) will live and die by the 3. Paulus, Scheyer, King, Singler are all primarily 3 points threats that I can tell so far. King is 6-8, but I didn't see him take a shot that wasn;t a 3 last night. Henderson and Nelson will work for penetration, but what Dook is missing this year is the big body in the middle to finish. In the past, Elton Brand, Shane Battier or Shelden Williams was there to do the cleanup. Incedentally, watching the Heels play the other night, I noticed how much Tyler Hansbrough's game reminds me of Battier's game. The refs are getting behind him the way they got behind Battier. I'd wager he'll take as many charges this year as Battier did his senior year. Battier got all the calls and Tyler is getting a lot of love from the men in stripes.

Anywhoo, Dook is much quicker, more atheletic and difficult to guard than last year. They also have more shooters. They're still young and K's teams have always been frontrunners. It's easy to listen to K berate you everyday in practice when your undefeated and rated in the top 10. Not so much when you're .500 and out of the polls. Morale drops quickly that way.